• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ex pro cyclists cropping up in unexpected places

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looking at his Instagram i think also Tom Boonen has switched to some Motorsport competition.

Boonen made his rally debut earlier this year

And - little known fact here - Chris Hoy went into motor racing. He even drove at Le Mans. Stephen Roche is another rider turned driver but I can't remember if he ever drove anything anyone remembers.

Roche actually drove some big events....Circuit of Ireland, Ypres Rally, even the Monte Carlo rally.

What's really surprising is he started doing smaller rallies in 1988 while still a pro cyclist...with his directeur sportif Patrick Valcke as co-driver. Can't imagine today's teams would allow that.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Boonen made his rally debut earlier this year

Roche actually drove some big events....Circuit of Ireland, Ypres Rally, even the Monte Carlo rally.

What's really surprising is he started doing smaller rallies in 1988 while still a pro cyclist...with his directeur sportif Patrick Valcke as co-driver. Can't imagine today's teams would allow that.
I want Alaphilippe/Lefevere to do a Rally as a team building exercise.

• Haha
Reactions: kingjr
I doubt Lefevre is fit to drive on most days...
FuFGS6RWcAEr3vq

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS