• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Explosion at Boston Marathon

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So the FBI interviewed the older brother in 2011 on the request of a foreign government over links to extremist groups.

The mother of the terrorists was right in the end when she said the FBI were monitoring him for several years.

Such incompetence that this could eventually happen after all that.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope they unleash the dogs. I always enjoy a good highly-trained-german-shepard-takes-down-a-bad-guy video.

(As long as the dog comes away unscathed) :cool:

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
hell yeah !!!

Last time BroDeal got out of line:
pootiehb5.jpg

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Frosty said:
Maybe a relevant person to bring up? One of the 21st July 2005 bombers in London was someone who had come to the UK with parents who were asylum seekers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasin_Hassan_Omar

Just as I logged on back to the TV, where a male member of the suspect's extended family or other Chechen family that knew the suspect ( sorry also did not get the to set in time to hear all), but the man said he had not had contact with them in a few years "kept his family away from them...."they were losers...they could not settle with themselves."

Sorry to pick your post to link this up, but it does show that such families, given asylum may not necessarily all of the same mind, but I still the doubt if it was game face.

Irony of the moment; the second suspect is in surgery at Beth Israel Hospital. Federal DA says national security clause enforce and the suspect will not be read Miranda Rights alluding to that at some point, assuming he lives, he will under go interrogation. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...pect-high-value-detainee-interrogation-group/

Glad this chapter is done, but I pass on the thoughts of many in Boston tonight despite the celebration amid relief, all thoughts and prayers towards the victims. And to all who played a part, the FBI, the state and local police forces, media and citizens that brought this chapter to a end.

Sister found and interviewed by Fox News before FBI, denied knowlege despite release of pictures to press. After the interview the FBI descended on the premises, surrounded it in force and entered it with guns drawn which shows up that the sister did not have contact the authorities as reported by Fox News.

Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John R. Bolton: "Radicalized Chechens have been found in radical groups throughout the Middle East and Afghanistan."

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Just as I logged on back to the TV, where a male member of the suspect's extended family or other Chechen family that knew the suspect ( sorry also did not get the to set in time to hear all), but the man said he had not had contact with them in a few years "kept his family away from them...."they were losers...they could not settle with themselves."

Sorry to pick your post to link this up, but it does show that such families, given asylum may not necessarily all of the same mind, but I still the doubt if it was game face.

Irony of the moment; the second suspect is in surgery at Beth Israel Hospital. Federal DA says national security clause enforce and the suspect will not be read Miranda Rights alluding to that at some point, assuming he lives, he will under go interrogation. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...pect-high-value-detainee-interrogation-group/

Glad this chapter is done, but I pass on the thoughts of many in Boston tonight despite the celebration amid relief, all thoughts and prayers towards the victims. And to all who played a part, the FBI, the state and local police forces, media and citizens that brought this chapter to a end.

Sister found and interviewed by Fox News before FBI, denied knowlege despite release of pictures to press. After the interview the FBI descended on the premises, surrounded it in force and entered it with guns drawn which shows up that the sister did not have contact the authorities as reported by Fox News.

Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John R. Bolton: "Radicalized Chechens have been found in radical groups throughout the Middle East and Afghanistan."

So I guess it's all settled then.:rolleyes:
http://www.thecraft.com/

May 13, 2009
Visit site
python said:
of course it is possible. but if the chechen ethnicity is to be prioritized, as seemed the obsession with most western media, the target should NOT have been the country that gave them home, education and protection against the oppressors of their ethnic motherland.

But as BroDeal said, the brothers (or the older at least) likely have experienced setbacks in the US, not Chechnya. Likely neither of them could give a cr@p about the Chechnya fights which largely happened over 10 years ago. Probably the only way Chechnya mattered is that it was easy for the older guy to get in contact with people there who could teach him to make bombs and how to use them for maximum impact.

Let me say it differently. There's probably a whole bunch of psychotic 20+ year old guys out there who cannot imagine a future for themselves and get the desire to go out with a bang. If such a guy happens to be Chechen, he might seek help from some Chechen terrorist. An Arab guy might have gone to Yemen or similar. An all-American kid might simply have raided his father's gun cabinet. It's not that neither of that hasn't happened before.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
But as BroDeal said, the brothers (or the older at least) likely have experienced setbacks in the US, not Chechnya. Likely neither of them could give a cr@p about the Chechnya fights which largely happened over 10 years ago. Probably the only way Chechnya mattered is that it was easy for the older guy to get in contact with people there who could teach him to make bombs and how to use them for maximum impact.

Let me say it differently. There's probably a whole bunch of psychotic 20+ year old guys out there who cannot imagine a future for themselves and get the desire to go out with a bang. If such a guy happens to be Chechen, he might seek help from some Chechen terrorist. An Arab guy might have gone to Yemen or similar. An all-American kid might simply have raided his father's gun cabinet. It's not that neither of that hasn't happened before.

No, they fell to despair and madness. Setbacks are no excuse.

If we let the setbacks encountered day-to-day, as we all do where ever we are to rationalize mass murder that would be a dire scene indeed.

If I catch your drift, your falling into hate of country, blame to the United States? You give them some kind of legitimacy in what they did.

Our formation is engraved from early age, these men chose to go the way of Chechen identity in the extreme it seems. Anger encounters us all, it cannot be avoided, but the true example and definition of "meek" is restraining it to cause no harm. Mark Twain so named laughter as often being anger turn sideways. The concept of forgiveness, is as important in being able to forgive a trespass for the forgiver because it curbs the anger into something that resolves it completely. Some are to be forgiven because they never are instilled with that virtue, but you cannot allow for actions violence against the innocent. They had other choices. These men chose they're own fate.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
No, they fell to despair and madness. Setbacks are no excuse.

If we let the setbacks encountered day-to-day, as we all do where ever we are to rationalize mass murder that would be a dire scene indeed.

If I catch your drift, your falling into hate of country, blame to the United States? You give them some kind of legitimacy in what they did.

Our formation is engraved from early age, these men chose to go the way of Chechen identity in the extreme it seems. Anger encounters us all, it cannot be avoided, but the true example and definition of "meek" is restraining it to cause no harm. Mark Twain so named laughter as often being anger turn sideways. The concept of forgiveness, is as important in being able to forgive a trespass for the forgiver because it curbs the anger into something that resolves it completely. Some are to be forgiven because they never are instilled with that virtue, but you cannot allow for actions violence against the innocent. They had other choices. These men chose they're own fate.

they're -> their

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
But as BroDeal said, the brothers (or the older at least) likely have experienced setbacks in the US, <snipped>
i can easily imagine that there are psychotic kids out there who can fall prey to militant tendencies or outside criminal influences.
but my emphasis was not on the abstract notion possibility but the actual fact that most western media jumped on the fact the brothers were ethnic chechens rather than kids brought up in america

what's troubling is that the FBI Confirms Agents Interviewed Boston Bombing Suspect In 2011
Once the FBI learned the identities of the two brothers today, the FBI reviewed its records and determined that in early 2011, a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev. The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups

need we to spell out ?
'a foreign government '= russia,
'unspecified underground groups'= chechen insurgency

iow, the fbi was tipped off, found NO 'set backs in the us' and likely missed an opportunity to stop the calamity.

It seems like every time I log on here I have to remind everyone that this isn't a political thread. If you want to discuss the politics of the issue, there are threads for that.

Now that the bombers are either dead, or caught, I'm considering closing this thread. I have a fear this entire topic is going to go entirely political. Both here, and in the blogosphere, media, and by parasitic politicians.

TRENDING THREADS