Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You misunderstood, I'm not saying Aru will.

Just saying there's always a chance. :)

Like I said he joined the big men now. He can climb with them on par.. with the best.
But hype too much and you'll get disappointed sooner or later. Even Contador fans got disappointed in the end :p
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You misunderstood, I'm not saying Aru will.

Just saying there's always a chance. :)

Like I said he joined the big men now. He can climb with them on par.. with the best.
But hype too much and you'll get disappointed sooner or later. Even Contador fans got disappointed in the end :p
I'm immune to dissapointment, After the tour 07 I used it all up in one huuuge depression :D
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Looks like uphill sprint specialists like Aru can't climb with the pure climbers (including but not limited to Valverde and Purito) in the real mountains.
 
SeriousSam said:
Looks like uphill sprint specialists like Aru can't climb with the pure climbers (including but not limited to Valverde and Purito) in the real mountains.
All of us objective viewers knew this. It was only his fanboy/girls that hyped him up to something he is not. :p In all seriousness I think he is doing great in his development as a gt rider. Right now I would have never expected him to climb with them on this sort of stage, but he still did a race better than most here. With some great form and certain key fav's crashing out, I think he can win next years Giro. :)
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
SeriousSam said:
Looks like uphill sprint specialists like Aru can't climb with the pure climbers (including but not limited to Valverde and Purito) in the real mountains.
He fought hard today and kept Valverde and Rodriguez in his site for much of the climb. Considering this is his first time tackling 2 GT's in a year and that it's the final week he still did great today.

Best rider behind the top tier of GC riders.
 
Jun 4, 2014
762
0
0
SeriousSam said:
Looks like uphill sprint specialists like Aru can't climb with the pure climbers (including but not limited to Valverde and Purito) in the real mountains.
Come on,he lost some seconds to two riders who were here with the goal to win La Vuelta and who also have way more experience then him:Valverde and Purito.He's performance in this Vuelta is above expectation from a young guy at his 2nd GT this year.
 
SeriousSam said:
Looks like uphill sprint specialists like Aru can't climb with the pure climbers (including but not limited to Valverde and Purito) in the real mountains.
Aru an uphill sprint specialist? :confused: Didn't he win at Montecampione? Like, 20 kms at 7.5% isn't a real mountain?
 
Climbing abilities aside. I'm impressed with this young mans tactical sense - always seems to keep his cool and composure. Never overreacts to any situation and keeps on fighting despite losing a little to the big boys. Never any signs of youthful eagerness and his victory the other day was a display of that tactical sense.

A very, very promising youngster.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
1
0
No_Balls said:
Climbing abilities aside. I'm impressed with this young mans tactical sense - always seems to keep his cool and composure. Never overreacts to any situation and keeps on fighting despite losing a little to the big boys. Never any signs of youthful eagerness and his victory the other day was a display of that tactical sense.

A very, very promising youngster.
Yeah, that was the first thing that i noticed during the Giro, another thing his that he always starts a climb further back in the favourites groups, he's never the first guy to cover early attacks, he always works his way up to the front of the group durning the climb.
 
He is still a step below people like AC,Froomey, Nibbles and a half step below JRod, and Valverde (when he rides in Spain). Atleast when he is riding his 2nd gt of the year. He has been improving steadily for the last couple of years though, and I bet already next year he will be fighting for pink in Italy :)
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
He is still a step below people like AC,Froomey, Nibbles and a half step below JRod, and Valverde (when he rides in Spain). Atleast when he is riding his 2nd gt of the year. He has been improving steadily for the last couple of years though, and I bet already next year he will be fighting for pink in Italy :)
Pink is reserved for Nibali next year.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS