• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Impressive riding yet again by him. I particularly enjoyed when Contador and Jrod were off the front and he managed to come back to them, that was some good climbing. :)

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Arredondo said:
This men is going to win all grand tours in the future.

Who's Majka? We've got Aru:)
Yeah, I'd take him over Majka any day of the week. Another superb ride by him. Way more impressed by his performance at Vuelta than his already great riding at the Giro.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
This guy is good,really good and very aggressive as well.I'm curious if he can improve even more,he looks very close to Nibali climbing abilities.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
MBotero said:
This guy is good,really good and very aggressive as well.I'm curious if he can improve even more,he looks very close to Nibali climbing abilities.

Aru at 24 looks very close to Nibali at 29 and light years ahead of Nibali at 24 :p

Red Rick said:
They'll just drop everyone else on every mountain stage while in the team car Martinelli flips a coin to determine who takes the win

In pure climbing talent my guess is that they will be evenly matched next year, But Nibali got a far superior tt + is in general a better cyclist, like long classic like stages + the abilities neccessary to attack downhill etc.

Even if Aru becomes a better climber next year, (likely or not) he wont beat Nibbles in the gc.

That said, Aru will make Pantani look like an amateur in a a couple of years :D

Vino attacks everyone said:
Aru also has some serious work ethic. getting coached by hardman Tiralongo + Slongo. Andy would have started crying and refused to leave his bed after the first day of training :p

Nibali looked more like Kelderman at 24. Aru is light years ahead. If he actually keeps improving, which is always a question, he will join the cycling greats.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nibali looked more like Kelderman at 24. Aru is light years ahead. If he actually keeps improving, which is always a question, he will join the cycling greats.

He is what now, a kilo ligher than what he was in the giro? Martinelli said at that time that he has atleast 2 kilos to much on him, + this is his first year focusing on his core strenght. Add this to his very short span of actively focusing on cycling I think he has a great opportunity to improve, atleast things such as tting and his engine.

Vino attacks everyone said:
He is what now, a kilo ligher than what he was in the giro? Martinelli said at that time that he has atleast 2 kilos to much on him, + this is his first year focusing on his core strenght. Add this to his very short span of actively focusing on cycling I think he has a great opportunity to improve, atleast things such as tting and his engine.

Mollema started cycling at age 16 or 17. Same story, but he was pretty much at his limit already in 2011 I think. Hasn't improved since then