• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Jakobsen thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
tenor.gif

Seriously. Great news, it means the team is still supporting him and they are confident he'll get back to where he needs to be.

tenor.gif

Seriously. Great news, it means the team is still supporting him and they are confident he'll get back to where he needs to be.

It's great - on the other hand it would have looked bad for the team if they had left him out in the cold now in case his numbers weren't promising, so I guess it was always going to happen. :)
But he sounded quite happy himself and I'm hopeful for his future, and no matter what I suppose it must give him some security and confidence to have this contract, that's nice.

It's great - on the other hand it would have looked bad for the team if they had left him out in the cold now in case his numbers weren't promising, so I guess it was always going to happen. :)
But he sounded quite happy himself and I'm hopeful for his future, and no matter what I suppose it must give him some security and confidence to have this contract, that's nice.

To be fair to Lefefvre, he did similar with Petr Vakoc

Reactions: Sandisfan
At least two tremendous sprinter comebacks this year: Cavendish and Jakobsen. One might argue that the latter stands alone as the greatest, winning a fight for survival, then an amazing/arduous physical recovery, then a career recovery just to make it back to cycling at the world tour level, and then winning a grand tour stage convincingly.
Yes, I already thought about this:

who would have thought in October 2020 that Quickstep would be winning (at this moment) 5 GT stages with Cavendish and Jakobsen...?

Jakobsen is well on his way to throwing out the challenge to Ewan and S.Bennett.

Certainly if he’s the guy on the end of the first choice QS leadout I expect him to be competitive with those two. It could potentially be back to a big top tier next year after the duopoly period, with Fabio looking good, Merlier looking like he’s coming into his own, Groenewegen on the way back.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS