• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Filippo Ganna Discussion Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ganna.jpg

TopGanna: Training 5 hours 160 km on 30 sectors equipped with 30 mm tubeless tires.

In italiano

I'd like to see some of that power translate into non-ITT wins...

Same. To be fair to him he has three top 3 placings in road stages so far this season plus the two second places on GC so he’s not been far off. I was hoping he’d add more classics to his schedule but it seems like it will only be MSR, GW and Roubaix. He was fastest on the Arenberg section last year. Maybe in future years when he’s doing the Tour rather than the Giro we will see him ride a more complete cobble classics campaign.

In hinsight he thinks that he should have tried to follow MVDP (was afraid to blow up) and thinks that he already got too many second places this season, but overall he's happy with his performance.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article/2023/03/18/1679156096/sanremo-2023-intervsta-filippo-ganna

I was the opposite. Really surprised he hasn’t shown more in one day races before considering his massive engine and underrated explosiveness.
Yeah, but last year he was the one drilling the Forest of Arenberg alongside Küng, that already showed potential for future performances in Paris-Roubaix.

The guy just has a monster engine, he was doing 460W for a bit 30min in TTs at the age of 20. If anything his wide shoulders are actually holding a bit back as a TTer because he isn't as aero as some other guys, but when it comes to raw wattage he's the top dog.
U23-TT-Numbers.png

In hinsight he thinks that he should have tried to follow MVDP (was afraid to blow up) and thinks that he already got too many second places this season, but overall he's happy with his performance.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article/2023/03/18/1679156096/sanremo-2023-intervsta-filippo-ganna

Yeah, but last year he was the one drilling the Forest of Arenberg alongside Küng, that already showed potential for future performances in Paris-Roubaix.

The guy just has a monster engine, he was doing 460W for a bit 30min in TTs at the age of 20. If anything his wide shoulders are actually holding a bit back as a TTer because he isn't as aero as some other guys, but when it comes to raw wattage he's the top dog.
U23-TT-Numbers.png
I wish he would try de Ronde.

Reactions: Sandisfan