• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

fizik spine concept

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Seems I have a medium spine so my saddle should be the antares.Happens this saddle is also the most expensive!So on friday I have managed to get a test saddle for a week.

I have tried it on the turbo it felt fab,has any one used the fizik spine concept to purchase a fizik saddle.Or is this just a marketing ploy,

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
No but measuring the saddle width against sit bones as Bontrager do with their new fit is good.
I always thought I needed a wide saddle and have riden on one for past 30 years but the new fit showed me I needed a narrow saddle.
And it great so no more pains in the ---

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
horizon27 said:
I have tried it on the turbo it felt fab,has any one used the fizik spine concept to purchase a fizik saddle.Or is this just a marketing ploy,
Congratulations on finding happiness with an Antares.

I'm pretty flexible but I bend from the hips, not the lower back. The Spine System doesn't have a category for this. I like the Aliante, but my second choice is a San Marco Concor. In my opinion the Arione works a little like a Concor but isn't quite as successful at it.

The Spine System is BS, but do measure your pelvic width and use it as a guide.