• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FLandis Racing in Nevada City

A

Anonymous

I cannot wait to see that live and in person. I will cheer the guy at the top of my lungs.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I cannot wait to see that live and in person. I will cheer the guy at the top of my lungs.

Just a warning, you may be abducted and taken hostage by Lord Pharmstrongs servants if you barrack for floyd! They will be out in numbers!

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
la.margna said:
go Floyd, go! a true american hero, at last! Floyd rules!

Yes, an admitted doper is a true American hero...

Some people have such a warped sense of life.

The man or woman who finds a cure for cancer, they are a true hero. The cop or firefighter who puts him/herself on the line to save a life is a true hero. The school teacher who molds the minds of children in positive ways is a hero.

Someone who dopes, blackmails people, hacks computers, they are NOT a hero even if they finally admit their wrongs and try to bring down others with them. That is not heroic.

And note, this has nothing to do with Armostrong, Bruyneel, or anyone else, just a warped sense of life.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Let us know if you see BPC's girlfriend

2pywa2v.jpg

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
If Flandis is truly racing, USADA must be allowing it. Since his Lance allegations included an admission of his own doping, he could have been subject to sanction. Does he have amnesty, or is he racing Valverde/Pellizotti style, riding until they officially sanction him. Wonder what the deal is - hopefully amnesty from USADA.

Beech Mtn said:
If Flandis is truly racing, USADA must be allowing it. Since his Lance allegations included an admission of his own doping, he could have been subject to sanction. Does he have amnesty, or is he racing Valverde/Pellizotti style, riding until they officially sanction him. Wonder what the deal is - hopefully amnesty from USADA.

I don't think the stuff he admitted to before notification of his testosterone positive are actionable, but I am not sure. The WADA code has become a lot more complicated over the years.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:
Yes, an admitted doper is a true American hero...

Some people have such a warped sense of life.

The man or woman who finds a cure for cancer, they are a true hero. The cop or firefighter who puts him/herself on the line to save a life is a true hero. The school teacher who molds the minds of children in positive ways is a hero.

Someone who dopes, blackmails people, hacks computers, they are NOT a hero even if they finally admit their wrongs and try to bring down others with them. That is not heroic.

And note, this has nothing to do with Armostrong, Bruyneel, or anyone else, just a warped sense of life.

they hate armstrong so much that they cant see that landis is a piece of ****. he wrote books blackmailed set up charities etc.. he is a very bad person and only did this after he could not get back into cycling at the level he wanted. his reasons for coming out were for all the wrong reasons its very easy to see. and why name specific names of people you were allegedly friends with what a ****.

A

Anonymous

forty four said:
they hate armstrong so much that they cant see that landis is a piece of ****. he wrote books blackmailed set up charities etc.. he is a very bad person and only did this after he could not get back into cycling at the level he wanted. his reasons for coming out were for all the wrong reasons its very easy to see. and why name specific names of people you were allegedly friends with what a ****.

I love how shrill the monkeys are.

I don't care why he exposed Armstrong for being the fraud that he is. He could have done it for money and I wouldn't care. What I care about is that he opened the door on Armstrong's lie of a life. Armstrong is now being investigated by the Federal government, and that makes me smile. You guys all bought the book. You drank the Kool-aid. You sniffed the chamois cream. I laugh at the fact that the entire fantasy you guys built around him is crumbling. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

You're probably there right now TFF. Any other year and I could probably be there myself. Please report back on how it went. Not just the race, but crowd. I'm very curious to see what kind of reception Floyd got from the promoters, other riders, and of course the fans. Also curious to see if you get to meet him what he seems like in person at such a time.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I love how shrill the monkeys are.

I don't care why he exposed Armstrong for being the fraud that he is. He could have done it for money and I wouldn't care. What I care about is that he opened the door on Armstrong's lie of a life. Armstrong is now being investigated by the Federal government, and that makes me smile. You guys all bought the book. You drank the Kool-aid. You sniffed the chamois cream. I laugh at the fact that the entire fantasy you guys built around him is crumbling. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I love it... he lies, cheats, steals, blackmails and now amazingly "speaks the truth" and his words (and so far, they are just words) some how have "exposed Armstrong"... classic. Why you hate Armstrong but somehow love FL and want to cheer and celebrate another cheating liar. Hypocrite. :mad:

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
You're probably there right now TFF. Any other year and I could probably be there myself. Please report back on how it went. Not just the race, but crowd. I'm very curious to see what kind of reception Floyd got from the promoters, other riders, and of course the fans. Also curious to see if you get to meet him what he seems like in person at such a time.

I will give a detailed account with pictures.

A

Anonymous

cody251 said:
I love it... he lies, cheats, steals, blackmails and now amazingly "speaks the truth" and his words (and so far, they are just words) some how have "exposed Armstrong"... classic. Why you hate Armstrong but somehow love FL and want to cheer and celebrate another cheating liar. Hypocrite. :mad:

Floyd opened the cover on the cesspool that is doping in professional cycling. You are also the third moron to suggest he "blackmailed" someone. The only people saying that are two of the biggest cheats in cycling, so I take what they say as having no value what-so-ever. In fact, the funny part is that they put out the emails that they claim show the "blackmail" and there is nothing in them that would suggest that. They know the old PR tactic that if the facts are not with you, lie.

Floyd Landis may be everything you say, but he holds one thing over Armstrong, he is coming clean. Only a blind idiot would think, with the evidence complied up to this point, that The Uniballer rode clean. I am assuming you can see, but will withhold judgment until you respond...