• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FLandis Racing in Nevada City

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
is all american tv like this, or just little channels.. :D

THis is like retro tv, its great.. Loving it.. All we need now is a Flandis win..

one question..
"50th Annual Nevada City Biciycle Classic"

Is bicyle really spelt like that over there?

Dim, don't take this the wrong way...but do you ever sleep? What is it over there, 3:00 am?

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Dim, don't take this the wrong way...but do you ever sleep? What is it over there, 3:00 am?

3am.. and no, one of the side effects of my brain is insomnia.. I was actually heading to sleep which is pretty good for me, but got distracted by this. (actually ive always had insomnia, went to sleep at 4am and got up for work every day at 6am for 15 years ;))

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Flandis looked strong - did a lot of work the whole race. I was hoping for a win for either him or Burke.

How cool to show up wearing that jersey? LA could never pull something like that off.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Flandis looked strong - did a lot of work the whole race. I was hoping for a win for either him or Burke.

How cool to show up wearing that jersey? LA could never pull something like that off.

Who won? Any results posted?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Bissell 1-2. Ian Boswell 1st. Paul Mach 2nd.
They didn't say who was 3rd.
Flandis was 4th.

There were 5 guys in lead group, so Burke was either 3rd with his ex-teammates, or 5th.

I never did figure out who the 5th guy in the group was.

Floyd's tweet with a pic of his Arrogant Bast*rd Ale Jersey:
http://twitpic.com/1ykvod
Numbering up in an undisclosed location, per witness protection program guidelines

Burke was out front by himself a long time. Put on a really good show. The group of 4 were chasing him and off the front of the peloton for a lot of the race too. It looked like Flandis did a TON of work, and Boswell pulled too, working for his teammate.

A

Anonymous

Good race. Landis looked strong, but only domestically strong. I only heard a negative comment once, and me and my family cheered for him and we were not alone. Good race, but Boswell and Mach were clearly stronger on the last lap. FLandis looked pretty tired at the end. He did pull quite a bit when Burke went away. Good race, but my wife commented that it was the smallest crowd she had ever seen. Last year was by far the largest. Oh well, The Myth sells a lot of elliptical trainers, premium memberships to livestrong.com, and shoes and stuff.

At the end of the race, my wife said "good job Floyd" as he was about 5 feet away. He smiled and said "thanks." I will post pictures when I process them and get some smaller ones copied.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Good race. Landis looked strong, but only domestically strong. I only heard a negative comment once, and me and my family cheered for him and we were not alone. Good race, but Boswell and Mach were clearly stronger on the last lap. FLandis looked pretty tired at the end. He did pull quite a bit when Burke went away. Good race, but my wife commented that it was the smallest crowd she had ever seen. Last year was by far the largest. Oh well, The Myth sells a lot of elliptical trainers, premium memberships to livestrong.com, and shoes and stuff.

At the end of the race, my wife said "good job Floyd" as he was about 5 feet away. He smiled and said "thanks." I will post pictures when I process them and get some smaller ones copied.

Thanks for the report.

What brings you out west?

A

Anonymous

Eyjafjallajokull said:
I know we're not allowed to criticise you, despite you always having a great deal to say about Armstrong and his fans, but this does make you a staggering hypocrite. You seem to know and accept that from other posts, so many you don't mind.

I don't say this with any anger, but it is something that should be put on the record so people can just for themselves the context of your attacks on others.

Edit.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iYW0FHZ4JJOYR-TCk5f8LN5prOGQD9FUPHRG0

See, now normally I wouldnt support a doper, there are exceptions, but one who has lied, cheated etc, i would not normally support.

BUT

At the moment Floyd is making one big stand, not just against LA, but against the whole background of organised doping amongst certain riders and management. There are enough people bad mouthing him in cycling, in the media, etc, saying hes mental, or out for revenge, or a liar, or a cheat. When we know he is telling the truth. From that point of view I think its important that floyd knows there are people behind him.

Im sure hes not stupid enough or niave enough to think they are supporting what he did, or condoning his past behavior, but purely to know they are supporting him now. And if a few cheers at a domestic race lets him know that there are people who though they may not support what he has done, are supporting what he is now doing, then good on em.

Its the difference between supporting someone for what they have done, or what they are now doing.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Thanks for the report.

What brings you out west?

My wife's parents live in Nevada City. We visit this time every year. At some point, our intention is to move here.

A

Anonymous

Eyjafjallajokull said:
I know we're not allowed to criticise you, despite you always having a great deal to say about Armstrong and his fans, but this does make you a staggering hypocrite. You seem to know and accept that from other posts, so many you don't mind.

I don't say this with any anger, but it is something that should be put on the record so people can just for themselves the context of your attacks on others.

Edit.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iYW0FHZ4JJOYR-TCk5f8LN5prOGQD9FUPHRG0

You are right I don't mind being a hypocrite because we all are. However, my sad little mental case, Floyd admitted his wrongs, and because I value honesty about ones foibles above almost any other character trait, I am willing to give Floyd a break. The Uniballer has not come clean about anything, he abuses people who tell the truth, abandons his family for another woman who looks like his mother, makes money by using the suffering of cancer patients, and uses the suffering of cancer patients to cover his doping. I would respect him the same way if he were to become honest about these things, but he doesn't share something important with Landis (I think you will understand him on this as you are the same) he has no conscience. He has narcissistic personality disorder, and is incapable of empathy and moral behavior.

Now, I took you off my ignore list because I thought this user name had been banned, but unfortunately I am was wrong. Off I go to the User CP to ignore you again. I will also report your posts, and soon you will be banned again. One last thing before I go, please get some help. Medication (a heavy amount) is your only hope. Also, please get a vasectomy as passing on your genetic make-up to the human race should be a crime.

A

Anonymous

Eyjafjallajokull said:
Well you are a bit different in that I haven't seen you moralising and using the very strong condemnation of people that TFF has. He literally does sermons listing all the character flaws and evils that Armstrong has perpetrated and goes out of his way to attack people that disagree with that, so for him to turn around and support an unashamed doper who defrauded people is gobsmacking hypocrisy and morally reprehensible.

But yeah, I can see the logic of the position. Floyd's lost all the avenues to get away with his cheating, can no longer set up charities for his legal defense or write any more books about how he is innocent, and has huge debts to pay off as part of his fine, so now is left with this option. He even admits he's still not ashamed of what he did. And if you don't like Armstrong then obviously you want him to succeed in that.

It's just the hypocrisy of it that gets me. I'm vilified as the scum of the earth for supporting Armstrong, but it turns out my accusers have no moral standing whatsoever. Never again will TFF be able to pretend this is about doping.

Okay, one last post.

It never was about doping. It was about his abuse of others, and were he to show honesty and contrition about it, I would have not problem changing my opinion.

As for you being "scum of the earth." I am glad you are self actualizing now. You can only go up from here.

Now really, off to ignore yet again.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
You are right I don't mind being a hypocrite because we all are. (...) However, my sad little mental case(...) I will also report your posts, and soon you will be banned again. One last thing before I go, please get some help. Medication (a heavy amount) is your only hope. Also, please get a vasectomy as passing on your genetic make-up to the human race should be a crime.

Personal attacks discredit the board and its membership. Life's too short.

warmfuzzies said:
Personal attacks discredit the board and its membership. Life's too short.

Eyja is not a normal poster. He is a troll who has been banned about fifty times, each time coming back with a new username. For some reason his Eyja username was given a ban with an expiration instead of the usual permanent ban.

A

Anonymous

My ignore list. 95% of these names are our one single mentally ill troll:

# awesometown
# BanProCycling
# Bike Rider
# British Pro Cycling
# buckwheat
# Crazy Horse
# Creatine Bob
# Epoché
# Eyjafjallajokull
# fpcyclingn
# Fred Thistle
# Lanceisking
# MarkGreen0
# Max Power
# McLaren
# Ninety5rpm
# Prodigy
# Rex Hunter
# Rise Of The Dead
# Roadhouse
# Slayer
# Sprocket
# Sprocket01
# sprocket02
# SPROCKET999
# Stealth
# The Prodigal Son
# warmfuzzies
# weasel

A

Anonymous

Martin318is said:
People,
Stay on the topic of this thread or your post will be edited and/or deleted.

Freaking ban the troll and this crap wouldn't happen!

So I saw the thread title and said to myself 'oh good I'll just look in and see how the race went' , since it doesn't appear to be important enough to actually be covered anywhere. It seems there is much bigger stuff going on what with Lance's awesome victory as 1st loser in Switzerland.
So I come in and I look around and all I find is the Ejacufool guy, back from the dead, openly admitting to be the same guy who has been banned 40 or more times before, and yet here he still is. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere for real news about cycling.:(

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Eyjafjallajokull said:
The control freak tendency we talked about, which is also apart of your admitted condition. Ironically again this guy is banned from every other cycling forum on the web. (That's the hypocrisy tendency.)

The issue of your hypocrisy did need to be addressed here. I know it hasn't been nice and I haven't enjoyed doing it either to be honest (maybe a little bit) but you really did not have a right to get away with it. You do like to give it out, and although I know taken some back does aggravate your underlying personal problems, (and we often take that into account which is why you have special rules), some times you still need to be a big boy and take it on the chin.

Don't feel too bad about it. Life goes on.

Peace out.

Peace out?

Doubtful, considering your tendency to come to this forum, under false name after false name. You arrive, drop bait with over critical and over insulting positions and then grenade those who call you out.

Peace out. How about simply "out"?

A

Anonymous

Good race. Floyd looked heavier than he has looked. I have some pretty good pictures I will post tomorrow. It was entertaining though. That course is BRUTAL. Has to be one of the, if not the hardest short loop courses in the country. I hesitate to call it a crit even though it fits the definition, the amount of climbing puts it in its own class.

TRENDING THREADS