• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FLandis Racing in Nevada City

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

y108g.jpg

5kmwhv.jpg

34obgu8.jpg

w8akw0.jpg

flicker said:
I f Landis is going to walk his talk, well cowboy he needs to straighten out his own previous business. If he takes down a bunch of people without showing his own cards and be accountable for his own deeds, he is a sniper not a gun-slinger. Same as the other hippocrites.
Honestly, who cares about Landis himself at this point? This is much bigger than him. As long as he cooperates as a witness, I don't care about any hypocrisy of his. Not a good personal trait, but hey, I'm not marrying Floyd, I just want a little investigation to proceed.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
What is it with this guy Floyd. He has the perfect Palmeres to be:
#1 Country and Western singer such as Kris Kristoferson or Merle Haggard.
#2 Movie actor such as David Carridine, Dennis Hopper,Jack Nicholson,Peter Fonda, Nick Nolte.
#3 Stock car NASCAR Ricky Bobby or sprint car driver.
#4 Aviator such as Amelia Earhart, Willy Post, Wrong way Corrigan, or Count Zeppelin.
#5 Singer anyone from KISS, the Scorpians, Kid Rock and the other guy who bangs Pamela Anderson.
So why does Floyd waste time with cycling. So much time so much potential.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
What is it with this guy Floyd. He has the perfect Palmeres to be:
#1 Country and Western singer such as Kris Kristoferson or Merle Haggard.
#2 Movie actor such as David Carridine, Dennis Hopper,Jack Nicholson,Peter Fonda, Nick Nolte.
#3 Stock car NASCAR Ricky Bobby or sprint car driver.
#4 Aviator such as Amelia Earhart, Willy Post, Wrong way Corrigan, or Count Zeppelin.
#5 Singer anyone from KISS, the Scorpians, Kid Rock and the other guy who bangs Pamela Anderson.
So why does Floyd waste time with cycling. So much time so much potential.

Did you stay up all night thinking up this post?

How about Floyd as a naive guy who reached the pinnacle of his profession only to be chewed up and spit out by a reasonably corrupt system? Is he a victim? Yes, and no.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Did you stay up all night thinking up this post?

How about Floyd as a naive guy who reached the pinnacle of his profession only to be chewed up and spit out by a reasonably corrupt system? Is he a victim? Yes, and no.

What are the odds that FL actually hacked into Scott's account to make this post? Not unfathomable.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Nope, it's just me.:)

Floyd was cheated out of a legitmate 2006 Tour win. His life has been trashed since then. Check out the 20 riders behind Floyd Manzano in the 06 Tour. Floyd was robbed. If he had sense he would have shut up and retired with all his ill gotten moola. I do not need to stay up 15 minutes past my bedtime or have a masters from Stanford to come to my conclusion. If you are a newbie to this sport I forgive you.

Cool pictures TFF, thanks. Looks like you got a lot of Floyd, also looks like there was a lot of Floyd there to get pictures of.:cool: I think Stone Brewing paid him in product and I am awfully envious.
I think this puts the lie to the argument that someone like Landis is not a naturally gifted rider but was only made so by PEDs. He is clearly clean now (or else the most deluded man in the universe) clearly not that fit, clearly has other things on his mind, and yet on a very tough course he looks as good as the best local pros. Well other than looking like a fat masters racer that is.:p

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Floyd was cheated out of a legitmate 2006 Tour win. His life has been trashed since then. Check out the 20 riders behind Floyd Manzano in the 06 Tour. Floyd was robbed. If he had sense he would have shut up and retired with all his ill gotten moola. I do not need to stay up 15 minutes past my bedtime or have a masters from Stanford to come to my conclusion. If you are a newbie to this sport I forgive you.

Nope. I've been around a real long time. I was at the race where Wordin "discovered" Floyd and I have more than a decade of time invloved with cycling before that.

I think Floyd thinks he was cheated. In hindsight, he probably should have just taken his suspension.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Nope. I've been around a real long time. I was at the race where Wordin "discovered" Floyd and I have more than a decade of time invloved with cycling before that.

I think Floyd thinks he was cheated. In hindsight, he probably should have just taken his suspension.

I would have. He lost all his money. If he had invested it properly he would have been set up for life. He began to lose me as a fan when his henchman attacked Greg. That was so low.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
I would have. He lost all his money. If he had invested it properly he would have been set up for life. He began to lose me as a fan when his henchman attacked Greg. That was so low.

Again, hindsight is always clear. Who knows what bad advice he was getting...

Geohagen is a douche, no doubt about it.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Cool pictures TFF, thanks. Looks like you got a lot of Floyd, also looks like there was a lot of Floyd there to get pictures of.:cool: I think Stone Brewing paid him in product and I am awfully envious.
I think this puts the lie to the argument that someone like Landis is not a naturally gifted rider but was only made so by PEDs. He is clearly clean now (or else the most deluded man in the universe) clearly not that fit, clearly has other things on his mind, and yet on a very tough course he looks as good as the best local pros. Well other than looking like a fat masters racer that is.:p

Ferminal said:
Nice work TFF.

Thanks! They are okay, but action is not my thing so they are not as good as I would like. I need a faster lens, but because of the cost and the fact that I only shoot sports a few times a year, I haven't invested. The last shot of the 2nd set is my favorite. If they wanted a portrait or something, I have the equipment. I guess with my son getting older and now playing soccer regularly, I may pick up an 80-200 2.8 in the not so distant future.

A

Anonymous

[EDITED BY MOD]

Actually, I have about 300 pictures, most of them not of FLandis. However, sticking with the topic of the thread was my point, and I am pretty sure nobody else here (except for a couple) know who any of the other riders are.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
You gotta love someone who claims that he does not believe that Armstrong is clean but then goes on and on about what a liar Landis is. Some serious cognitive dissonance there.

Way to rope in Armstrong and diffuse the fact and point I was making. Do you wear a helmet when you ride?

I'm saying Landis is a proven liar and yet TFF believes him and supports him and somehow I have cognitive dissonance? Classic and typical. You guys are the brilliant minds of the forums that can never be wrong yet your own vision and reasoning is blurred by pure hatred. I don't believe Armstrong but I do believe that he will get his in due time and it won't be at the hands of a liar like Floyd. Its all about which glass of koolaid you want to drink, for some its Floyd Flavored, I'll stick to water. Bottom line, I think its hypocritical and strange to buy it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, sniffing all the chamois cream really did a number on that guy's head. I love the fanboys who start with the "I don't really like Lance and I know he is a doper and all and I don't really care but most of my posts will be in reference to someone who dislikes Lance (my secret hero) because I want to make sure people think I don't like Lance so my posts will have an air of credulity but really I think they all know I am a fraud too." It makes me chuckle every time.

"Chuckle chuckle I am so smart chuckle chuckle, I just e-slapped some dude down that didn't agree with me on the cycling news forums again honey. chuckle chuckle." I hope your husband is proud.

Yup, I am a fraud, you know me so well from my post. I'll take your stupid attempt at making fun of yet ANOTHER person without actually replying to the nuts and bolts of the point they are trying to make and reply with an equally stupid and non-constructive post. Congrats on bringing it down another level again. :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

cody251 said:
"Chuckle chuckle I am so smart chuckle chuckle, I just e-slapped some dude down that didn't agree with me on the cycling news forums again honey. chuckle chuckle." I hope your husband is proud.

Yup, I am a fraud, you know me so well from my post. I'll take your stupid attempt at making fun of yet ANOTHER person without actually replying to the nuts and bolts of the point they are trying to make and reply with an equally stupid and non-constructive post. Congrats on bringing it down another level again. :rolleyes:

The problem is that you somehow believe you had "points" in your post. Really, they were the typical fanboy insult-a-thon snips which deserves nothing but a reply in kind. If you would truly like to discuss it, then I am open. My guess is that you are not however. You just come in swinging like all of the posters of your type do, and after years of reading the same crap from hundreds of you, it isn't worth my time to show anything but bemused contempt at your feckless ruminations.

http://mw4.m-w.com/dictionary/feckless
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ruminations

A

Anonymous

cody251 said:
'06 Trek Madone 5.9, 7800 DA, Williams Cycling Sys 19 wheels, FSA seat post and k-wing bars

Cross bike/rain ride: Redline Conquest Pro, Sram Force

If it quacks like a fanboy, and rides the bike of a fanboy...well, you get the picture...:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
If it quacks like a fanboy, and rides the bike of a fanboy...well, you get the picture...:rolleyes:

Wow, you took time to look me up! Thanks for making my day. I'm sure with a few more hours you can dig up all my other "fanboy" posts. OMG he rides a Trek! It was a gift, it rides nice, so what??

TRENDING THREADS