• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flandis racing in New Zealand

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
You are racing?

Ha Ha Ha.....I don't do cold and windy. I was just saying that I'll be out of Adelaide when the Tour de Lance arrives in A town (probably not, even HE cant ruin the little pro cycling we get).

53 x 11 said:
Ha Ha Ha.....I don't do cold and windy. I was just saying that I'll be out of Adelaide when the Tour de Lance arrives in A town (probably not, even HE cant ruin the little pro cycling we get).

The Tour of Wellington is normally on at the same time as the TDU. No Lance show there!! :D

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
80 people went down at about 50kms per hour in one crash. I'm getting my info from facebook, which is obviously not as relaible as twitter. :D

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
80 people went down at about 50kms per hour in one crash. I'm getting my info from facebook, which is obviously not as relaible as twitter. :D

My mates update:carnage in southland... went through 3 bikes in 90km and two pairs of shoes!

Sounds like fuuun:D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Tugboat said:
Flandis 33rd on stage 2, 2:32 down on Jack Bauer. Big drama though with some huge crashes in the crosswinds and defending champion Hayden Roulston a DNF!

In the 2006 race Paul Crake was pushed into a fence by the strong cross winds and was wheel chair bound. Poor bloke.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
lagartija said:
hey thanks , i enjoyed poking around that stations site..........but what killed me was the miss queen , transvestite competition , oh god LOL......... i must have missed that on the local and international news broadcast.......:p
Kiwis have a weird perception on what constitutes 'news':p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
that was where he was in about 2006. And we know now he is drinking more Jack D and more lagers than in 2006. I say Landis is gonna win with a come from behind attack.

He actually rode fairly well the last few days to end up 17th overall. This is as good as anything he did all year. Here's a CN quote:

The high-profile American Floyd Landis, caught in the chaos of the mass crash on the opening day, finally rode with prominence on the final two days to finish 17th overall.

TRENDING THREADS