• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Fingers Alberto's Personal Trainer

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Floyd said in an e-mail that he bought HGH from Pepe Marti - Alberto's Personal Trainer. Pepe also worked at Postal during Dr Ferarri's employment there. They most likely knew each other well?

Alberto has no comment yet...

"Landis said he was sold human growth hormone by the team trainer in 2003, according to the April e-mail to USA Cycling Chief Executive Steve Johnson. Marti worked with Tour de France champion Alberto Contador on the Astana team this year and is likely to switch with him to the Saxo Bank team next year, Contador’s spokesman Jacinto Vidarte said."

Marti is “not going to make any comment,” Vidarte said. Astana officials didn’t respond to requests by phone and e-mail for a comment from Marti. Aramendi didn’t immediately return an e-mail sent to his clinic, and a staff member said he was on vacation and unavailable."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...jects-blood-doping-accusations-by-landis.html

Polish said:
Floyd said in an e-mail that he bought HGH from Pepe Marti - Alberto's Personal Trainer. Pepe also worked at Postal during Dr Ferarri's employment there. They most likely knew each other well?

Alberto has no comment yet...

"Landis said he was sold human growth hormone by the team trainer in 2003, according to the April e-mail to USA Cycling Chief Executive Steve Johnson. Marti worked with Tour de France champion Alberto Contador on the Astana team this year and is likely to switch with him to the Saxo Bank team next year, Contador’s spokesman Jacinto Vidarte said."

Marti is “not going to make any comment,” Vidarte said. Astana officials didn’t respond to requests by phone and e-mail for a comment from Marti. Aramendi didn’t immediately return an e-mail sent to his clinic, and a staff member said he was on vacation and unavailable."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...jects-blood-doping-accusations-by-landis.html

Polish tries for a deflection!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
strange how polish did not explore the identity of a more obvious 'team trainer' at the time - michele ferrari - who's 'training' status for the team's select riders was kept secret and who was proven by the italian court dealing in illegal peds.

and really strange omission in the article (and of course in polish's head) why no one contacted an illusive nino, another physician that worked for moral on uspostal.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
python said:
strange how polish did not explore the identity of a more obvious 'team trainer' at the time - michele ferrari - who's 'training' status for the team's select riders was kept secret and who was proven by the italian court dealing in illegal peds.

and really strange omission in the article (and of course in polish's head) why no one contacted an illusive nino, another physician that worked for moral on uspostal.

not strange at all. Polish has more than 1 job to do for the Uniballer, well apart from being no.1 ball polisher......:rolleyes:

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
not strange at all. Polish has more than 1 job to do for the Uniballer, well apart from being no.1 ball polisher......:rolleyes:

OK, count me as confused...

I know you guys think Lance Armstrong is the anti-christ and probably has a 666 tatoo somewhere. Perhaps you think he wasn't even was born in Texas but really was born somwhere in Africa and has not shown his long form birth certificate...

But

It seems like you only care about hating Lance and are perfectly prepared to dismiss any links/implications of doping by Alberto Contador that come from FLandis because your target is Lance.

Do I have that correct?

I personally think that if Landis' story is holds up and corroborating evidence is found to back it up, then we should see the stripping of a bunch of Tour de France titles since the 2003 title (given that the 2002 in now past the 8 year statute of limitations). Lances 2003-2005 and Contadors 2007 and 2009 could/should go as well.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Squares said:
I personally think that if Landis' story is holds up and corroborating evidence is found to back it up, then we should see the stripping of a bunch of Tour de France titles since the 2003 title (given that the 2002 in now past the 8 year statute of limitations). Lances 2003-2005 and Contadors 2007 and 2009 could/should go as well.

I agree that Floyd's comments should be taken seriously no matter who they are against. I am sure that most people on this forum want a clean sport and if that means WADA/UCI(not likely) investigates Contador so be it. I still can recall AC and M. Rasmussen battling each other in the 2007 TdF. Pretty unworldly stuff.

NW

I think it's more that this is no surprise. Most people know about Pepe Marti and he's been mentioned more than once or twice in this board. And it was posted by Polish, so there's that, too.

But then, when you actually read the article, you realize the identity of the "team trainer" is not explicitly revealed and this is most likely just Polish deliberately trying to cause confusion.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:

I know you guys think Lance Armstrong is the anti-christ and probably has a 666 tatoo somewhere. Perhaps you think he wasn't even was born in Texas but really was born somwhere in Africa and has not shown his long form birth certificate..
sounds like you're talking to yourself. neither benitto's not mine post mentioned anything u r ranting here.

It seems like you only care about hating Lance
see above.
and are perfectly prepared to dismiss any links/implications of doping by Alberto Contador that come from FLandis because your target is Lance.

Do I have that correct?

no you are not correct. you and polish need to read the bloomberg article and examine it critically. it had mentioned nothing about contador's doping but mentioned in passing that a 'personal trainer' who worked with the team sold hgh to flandis . it then goes somewhat curiously to name pepe marti who certainly was not the only trainer on the team. the flandis email referred to in the article does not explicitly mention pepe as the seller.. it was polish's extension to create all sorts of insinuations to divert from armstrong, as huge properly noticed.

and forgets about another 'team trainer' who the team went to an extraordinary degree to keep secret - michel ferrari - who was actually explicitly mentioned by flandis in another e-mail as the ped supplier and transfusion administrator.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been a s staunch a defender as anyone here, but I have been concerned since the original Landis story in the Wall Street Journal.

Also during this time it was explained to me how to use Human Growth Hormone by Johan Bruyneel and I bought what I needed from Pepe the team "trainer" who lived in Valencia along with the team doctor at that time.

The new story just confirms that it was Pepe Marti working with the team at the time.

Garcia del Moral, who had worked with the Spanish cycling federation, said he was hired by Bruyneel and oversaw another Spanish doctor, Jose Aramendi, and an Italian physician he identified as Nino on the U.S. Postal team. He also worked with a fitness trainer, Pepe Marti, another Spaniard.

That's two plus two. It doesn't mean Contador has dome anything wrong, but either you believe Landis or you don't.

theswordsman said:
I've been a s staunch a defender as anyone here, but I have been concerned since the original Landis story in the Wall Street Journal.

The new story just confirms that it was Pepe Marti working with the team at the time.

That's two plus two. It doesn't mean Contador has dome anything wrong, but either you believe Landis or you don't.
See, now that's a different thing. I believe Landis and I'm fairly sure Contador has done something wrong, but you quoted Landis directly saying this; Polish didn't. Nothing in this new article points at Marti.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:

i don't think that's a big news. the issue is whether the blomberg article explicitly named marti as the ped suplier. it did not.

That's two plus two.
no that's 1+innuendo=1+ innuendo.

and i'll be the least surprised if marti is squicky clean but we need harder evidence.
either you believe Landis or you don't.
i believe landis when i saw corroborative evidence and i don't when he sounds suspicious. i never take him for black or white and therefore you'll not see me criticizing or supporting him. i discuss only what he said.

A

Anonymous

This implies that contador doped :eek:

Im shocked! I honestly dont know where I stand after this, I feel like all my illusions about cycling have been dashed. Riders I believed in are just frauds. This may have tarnished the sport irretrievably in my eyes.

Bertie.. How could you do this to us :confused:

I need to sit down in a cool dark room and ponder awhile.

TeamSkyFans said:
This implies that contador doped :eek:

Im shocked! I honestly dont know where I stand after this, I feel like all my illusions about cycling have been dashed. Riders I believed in are just frauds. This may have tarnished the sport irretrievably in my eyes.

Bertie.. How could you do this to us :confused:

I need to sit down in a cool dark room and ponder awhile.

You forgot to put one of these at the end :rolleyes:.
Oh thats right I forgot Lance says real men don't use emoticons.:p

The issue here as I see it is not whether Contador doped (clearly he did, otherwise we'd have seen his skinny ass dropped all across France) but that the fanboy default line of defense has become "oh yeah, well he did it too".

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Chaupaue Floyd. Take the witch out of witch hunt and people will see the big picture. I hope Greg gets it and becomes a little more comprehensive in his accusations. Hopefully they can evolve from American TdF winners to all riders. If they really want to clean up cycling.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
barn yard said:
it is pretty funny that flandis 'has no credibility'... unless he is talking about contador...
This is not true. Landis has no credibility and no money. Connecting himself with good and accomplished racers saves a place for him at the table. Now he will be interviewed about what he knows about Alberto. He wasted everybody's time and money when he claimed he was wronged for years. Now in his new role as muckraker he has to play catch up so that he can find a new way to make money from his exploits before nobody cares about his story. What better way for the king of six degrees..now he has dirt on Alberto. People will soon be afraid even to be in the same state as flaky Floyd..all he needs is to bump into you at an event or Starbucks and let the weave begin..god forbid share a car ride with the clown...I was getting a ride and I saw needles in the glove box..Lance asked me to hold the steering wheel while he shot up. The only good thing is that after throwing mud in every direction I hope somebody is able to sue Floyd for whatever money he will earn mowing lawns or whatever his future holds

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
This is not true. Landis has no credibility and no money. Connecting himself with good and accomplished racers saves a place for him at the table. Now he will be interviewed about what he knows about Alberto. He wasted everybody's time and money when he claimed he was wronged for years. Now in his new role as muckraker he has to play catch up so that he can find a new way to make money from his exploits before nobody cares about his story. What better way for the king of six degrees..now he has dirt on Alberto. People will soon be afraid even to be in the same state as flaky Floyd..all he needs is to bump into you at an event or Starbucks and let the weave begin..god forbid share a car ride with the clown...I was getting a ride and I saw needles in the glove box..Lance asked me to hold the steering wheel while he shot up. The only good thing is that after throwing mud in every direction I hope somebody is able to sue Floyd for whatever money he will earn mowing lawns or whatever his future holds

These guys need to tell the whole truth verdad? That hs been my issue with LeMond and Landis on the forums. They have expected Lance to do the job. Somehow I would prefer Landis and LeMond to show by example, what they have seen and done during their carreers. That I would respect. Landis has nothing to lose3 and LeMond my guess he does have something to lose. They have chosen to blow the trumpets let them blow!

fatandfast said:

Nice to see you've finally got past "waah Floyd is a snitch".

Disprin

BANNED
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
python said:
no that's 1+innuendo=1+ innuendo.

Have you spoken out against others who have used circumstantial evidence on doping? Maybe you have and that's fine, but if you haven't that makes you seem like a hypocrite.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Disprin said:
Have you spoken out against others who have used circumstantial evidence on doping? Maybe you have and that's fine, but if you haven't that makes you seem like a hypocrite.
have you seen much of my posting ? may be you have and that's fine but you haven't that seems like you're a talking head talking to himself.

Disprin said:
Did Polish say this? I can't seem to find it.

#1523 05-20-10, 13:37
Polish
Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Floyd,
I like Lance,
and I like Bill Clinton too

"I never had PEDS with that man"
Polish never comes right out and posts anything of real substance. I think he might be a lawyer in real life. Mostly he just beats around the bush while polishing Lance's ball.

TRENDING THREADS