• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Landis Interview

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ontheroad said:
fmk_RoI said:
ontheroad said:
''Just some dude?''. He is a former doped tour winner who spent years in the peloton right at the coalface, I think he has more knowledge than you me and plenty of other people on this forum put together. If you need me to spell out the comments that are newsworthy then you fit neatly into the category of children that Landis refers to. I don't know why you feel the constant need to slate other peoples opinions as though you are the fountain of all knowledge but if it makes you feel better then work away.
To summarise. Someone claims that "mainstream cycling journalists will not report this article. Just watch, it will not even get a mention in the daily newspapers, when given his experiences in the sport, this should be sports headline news." Someone - me - asks "What in it is worth reporting?" Twice. And both times the same answer: (summarised) it's Floyd freakin' Landis! Which, oddly, fails to quote or even point to anything in the interview that is in any way newsworthy, other than to those who hang on every word out of the mouth of Floyd freakin' Landis. So, third time being a charm and all that, let's try the question one more time: what in it is worth reporting?

How about this bit.

CN: There was the mystery package delivery to Wiggins and the TUE issue with Sky as well. (Landis pivots the question to address the 'mistaken' shipment of testosterone that Team Sky and British Cycling doctor Richard Freeman received at the Manchester Velodrome in 2011).

Landis: They tried to claim that in the middle of all this, that just by coincidence some pharmacy mailed a bunch of testosterone to their headquarters, and that was purely an accident.

Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever just received a bunch of testosterone? Yeah, me neither. Well, not when I wasn't ordering it.

Given that there is still an ongoing UKAD investiagtion going on into the practices of Team Sky/BC I would have thought that the British press would report this in it's sports section.

He knows full well that it is cloud cuckoo land stuff together with the 55 vials of kenacort apparently used by Sky staff members, the transportation of Fluimacil across the continent, the stolen laptop, the lack of medical records etc.

A former tour winner gives his thoughts on what he thinks yet there is no sign of it in the UK sporting press this morning and there have been no questions from British media as to why exactly this investigation is taking so long to conclude by UKAD.

Because it's already been reported in the mainstream media on numerous occasions - Landis is offering nothing new - Take your view then the whole media will be full of this story because we may as well quote everyone who offers an opinion - This is cloud cuckoo land.

fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:
Probably worth adding, that in an age of "fake news" chants which looks of censor news or to read-shape the news, it's important to have stories, opinions from all perspectives. Cookson has his platform the welfare of cycling and there's no reason why Floyd Landis should not have his opportunity to speak and provide his viewpoint (he does have first hand experience). Free speech is the cornerstone of any civil democracy. To suggest otherwise is a little strange.
British posters in particular will note that what Hog is calling for when he calls for opinions from all perspectives is that the likes of Nigel Lawson should be given airtime to dismiss climate change, that the likes of Nigel Farage should be involved in any conversation that deals with immigration. Free speech, 'tis a wondrous thing...

....as a british poster Lawson does get airtime and so did/does Farage...

lawson was an (arguably) poor politician and not an expert on climate change...Farge is only an expert in self-publicity...and certainly not immigration....

Landis on the other hand is one of a very small band of tour de france winners and (as sure as night follows day) taking PEDS..... his opinion and its circulation on these matters does amount to more than your above assessment and comparison......just sayin'

gillan1969 said:
fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:
Probably worth adding, that in an age of "fake news" chants which looks of censor news or to read-shape the news, it's important to have stories, opinions from all perspectives. Cookson has his platform the welfare of cycling and there's no reason why Floyd Landis should not have his opportunity to speak and provide his viewpoint (he does have first hand experience). Free speech is the cornerstone of any civil democracy. To suggest otherwise is a little strange.
British posters in particular will note that what Hog is calling for when he calls for opinions from all perspectives is that the likes of Nigel Lawson should be given airtime to dismiss climate change, that the likes of Nigel Farage should be involved in any conversation that deals with immigration. Free speech, 'tis a wondrous thing...

....as a british poster Lawson does get airtime and so did/does Farage...

lawson was an (arguably) poor politician and not an expert on climate change...Farge is only an expert in self-publicity...and certainly not immigration....

Landis on the other hand is one of a very small band of tour de france winners and (as sure as night follows day) taking PEDS..... his opinion and its circulation on these matters does amount to more than your above assessment and comparison......just sayin'

I thought Nigal Lawson was a celebrity cook? :cool:

Re: Landis; post confession he could have gone down the Walsh route and did book & movie deals and cleaned up well. But he didn’t, in fact it was Millar who ended up cashing in on the Lance movie. I would agree that Landis’s opinion matters when talking about present day doping. His views on Wiggins have been on the button right back from 2012 and what we know now turned about to be true.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
thehog said:
It’s a forum? Why are you pretending it’s anything more? You write crappy book reviews. It’s no different than the drival that you manage to put together, or do you feel that you are of a higher order?
As I said Hog, you don't appear to have understood the question. In your haste to play the man and not the ball you've missed the point. So, for you, the question, in context:
fmk_RoI said:
ontheroad said:
What I find bizarre about Landis is how mainstream cycling journalists will not report this article. Just watch, it will not even get a mention in the daily newspapers, when given his experiences in the sport, this should be sports headline news. It is like they don't want anyone to spoil the fairytale, it's easier to diss the messenger. Given how he was bullied from within and almost lost his life over his past experiences, the authorities should hang their heads in shame at how it all panned out and they changed nothing.
What in it is worth reporting? Seriously, what? This is just some dude saying things that resonate with folk around here, but it sure as hell ain't news.
If you feel you have an answer, shoot...

Fmk, it appears that your problem has more to do with the website choosing to publish, and not the content of the interview. There is a separate thread outside of the clinic for those complaints. Have fun there.

spetsa said:
Fmk, it appears that your problem has more to do with the website choosing to publish, and not the content of the interview. There is a separate thread outside of the clinic for those complaints. Have fun there.
Please, do present the chapter and verse on where I'm supposed to have said that. I've been very clear on the question I asked and the context in which the question arose. If you can't find the supporting quotes do feel free to ask me the question.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
ontheroad said:
What I find bizarre about Landis is how mainstream cycling journalists will not report this article. Just watch, it will not even get a mention in the daily newspapers, when given his experiences in the sport, this should be sports headline news. It is like they don't want anyone to spoil the fairytale, it's easier to diss the messenger. Given how he was bullied from within and almost lost his life over his past experiences, the authorities should hang their heads in shame at how it all panned out and they changed nothing.
What in it is worth reporting? Seriously, what? This is just some dude saying things that resonate with folk around here, but it sure as hell ain't news.

Maybe the bolded part.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re:

MarkvW said:
Why take pro cycling seriously? It is entertainment, nothing more. The article about Floyd was entertaining!

Serious angry arguments about the architecture of sandcastles are entertaining too! This place is a trip!

It is more than a trip. What was it again that BroDeal was famous for saying? ;)

spetsa said:
fmk_RoI said:
ontheroad said:

Maybe the bolded part.
Really? That? You are blind to the context of the question? Seriously? Oh. My. God.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
spetsa said:
fmk_RoI said:
ontheroad said:

Maybe the bolded part.
Really? That? You are blind to the context of the question? Seriously? Oh. My. God.

No, I am not blind at all. Just find it funny that you actually care enough about your own opinion that you need to spend half a day defending on an internet forum.

fmk_RoI said:
spetsa said:
Just find it funny that you actually care enough about your own opinion that you need to spend half a day defending on an internet forum.
I am not here to pass comment on the things that make people like you laugh. Good luck to you, that's all I can say. Good luck.
However. When your wacky sense of humour allows you to intuit motivations to me that are not supported by anything I have actually said, well colour me compassionate, but then I care. Next time, try some advice: don't intuit motivations. Ask.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
spetsa said:
Just find it funny that you actually care enough about your own opinion that you need to spend half a day defending on an internet forum.
I am not here to pass comment on the things that make people like you laugh. Good luck to you, that's all I can say. Good luck.

Please tell us what people like me are like since you know all.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

fmk_RoI said:
fmk_RoI said:
spetsa said:
However. When your wacky sense of humour allows you to intuit motivations to me that are not supported by anything I have actually said, well colour me compassionate, but then I care. Next time, try some advice: don't intuit motivations. Ask.

What is your motivation for saying that you know what people like me are like. If it is to win the interwebs, then you are actually the loser.

spetsa said:
fmk_RoI said:
fmk_RoI said:
spetsa said:

What is your motivation for saying that you know what people like me are like. If it is to win the interwebs, then you are actually the loser.
Gosh, you get to ask a question and choose not to ask the question that caused you to initiate this exchange and would actually be on topic and resolve the issue that drew you into this and instead you come back with this? People like you ...

Re:

nayr497 said:
He certainly came off as a little crazy, though a lot of what he said was truthful.

On another note, always weird seeing former pro cyclists at regular folk weight. Floyd looks bloated and scruffy.
Let that be a warning to you kids thinking of smoking that wacky tobaccy ... :D

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Robert5091 said:
nayr497 said:
He certainly came off as a little crazy, though a lot of what he said was truthful.

On another note, always weird seeing former pro cyclists at regular folk weight. Floyd looks bloated and scruffy.

Merckx must have been on it for years :D

Loved the interview. FL is the only ex-pro telling it like it is. Why hate on the guy? His responses are refreshingly normal, more so because we're so used to equivocation and evasion from everyone else. In other words, he talks like cycling fans do when we're sitting at a bar.

Robert5091 said:
nayr497 said:

Ha, I should have known that was coming:) I bet the stuff he's on now is less damaging to the human body than the stuff most guys in the peloton are on, just sayin.

Re:

Bolder said:
Loved the interview. FL is the only ex-pro telling it like it is. Why hate on the guy? His responses are refreshingly normal, more so because we're so used to equivocation and evasion from everyone else. In other words, he talks like cycling fans do when we're sitting at a bar.

Considering Sammy Sanchez just went down for GHRP, Floyd was not wrong. BMC is a team run by doping enablers so it comes as no surprise.

TRENDING THREADS