• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Floyd Landis Interview

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Robert5091 said:
nayr497 said:
He certainly came off as a little crazy, though a lot of what he said was truthful.

On another note, always weird seeing former pro cyclists at regular folk weight. Floyd looks bloated and scruffy.
Let that be a warning to you kids thinking of smoking that wacky tobaccy ... :D
Ha, I should have known that was coming:) I bet the stuff he's on now is less damaging to the human body than the stuff most guys in the peloton are on, just sayin.

Re:

Bolder said:
Loved the interview. FL is the only ex-pro telling it like it is. Why hate on the guy? His responses are refreshingly normal, more so because we're so used to equivocation and evasion from everyone else. In other words, he talks like cycling fans do when we're sitting at a bar.
Considering Sammy Sanchez just went down for GHRP, Floyd was not wrong. BMC is a team run by doping enablers so it comes as no surprise.

Aug 3, 2010

thehog said:
Bolder said:
Loved the interview. FL is the only ex-pro telling it like it is. Why hate on the guy? His responses are refreshingly normal, more so because we're so used to equivocation and evasion from everyone else. In other words, he talks like cycling fans do when we're sitting at a bar.
Considering Sammy Sanchez just went down for GHRP, Floyd was not wrong. BMC is a team run by doping enablers so it comes as no surprise.
No way! Och would never dope his own daughter. Snake Oil all around the cesspit of pro cycling.

spetsa said:
thehog said:
Bolder said:
No way! Och would never dope his own daughter. Snake Oil all around the cesspit of pro cycling.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , You really believe that? He's been doping teams/individuals since his days with 7 Eleven(that's going back 30+ yrs). You are naive if you think Och wouldn't dope his own daughter to win or make a few bucks if he could.

Robert5091 said:
the delgados said:
I have a feeling fmk-Rol is a nice person in real life.
I also agree with his contention that there's nothing to see regarding Flandis.
Bessinger and Flandis did their best to create a little controversy during Le Tour.
That's pretty much as far as it's gonna go.
It's not like Kirby has hours of dead air time to talk about doping on Eurosport ...

Main stream media has no desire to face the wrath of lawyers, or the time to explain the ins and outs, when it's easier to just stick Trump in front of a camera or post "celebrity news". The entire planet knows Lance is an a****hole and it's moved on from there.
I agree.
My man Carlton Kirby is focused on Simon Clarke.
No doping to see there.
Move on everyone.

Aug 3, 2010

86TDFWinner said:
spetsa said:
thehog said:
Bolder said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , You really believe that? He's been doping teams/individuals since his days with 7 Eleven(that's going back 30+ yrs). You are naive if you think Och wouldn't dope his own daughter to win or make a few bucks if he could.
Yes, I do believe he doped, not would dope, his own daughter. Her making the US Speedskating team was important to him. I mean her.

Interesting the tour of utah...are they against pot...or against landis for lying, about his doping?
Floyd! It's not personal. Take it easy.

Utah is a Mormon state. They're against all drugs and alcohol, including caffeine. So a CBD-sponsored team is just not gonna fly there. I don't know why Floyd is surprised. For a guy who makes his living on marijuana derived products, he's pretty uptight.

Reactions: fmk_RoI
Utah is a Mormon state. They're against all drugs and alcohol, including caffeine.
What is it the sponsor he went with actually does? I know that in Europe we don't tend to think of American beer as alcohol but ...
For a guy who makes his living on marijuana derived products, he's pretty uptight.
I like that he's turning into Raphaël Géminiani, he arguing Floyd's Pro Cycling team and Floyd's of Leadville aren't related, Gém arguing that the Raphaël-Géminiani teams of the 50s/60s were his name, not the St Raphaël drinks company.

What is it the sponsor he went with actually does? I know that in Europe we don't tend to think of American beer as alcohol but ...

I like that he's turning into Raphaël Géminiani, he arguing Floyd's Pro Cycling team and Floyd's of Leadville aren't related, Gém arguing that the Raphaël-Géminiani teams of the 50s/60s were his name, not the St Raphaël drinks company.
It's a brewery, but beer isn't illegal in Utah unlike marijuana. I think they still might have that 3.2 pct. alcohol rule, or something. the rabbit hole of sports teams sponsorship is a deep one. (On that note, I'm surprised Red Bull hasn't backed a road team yet)

Reactions: fmk_RoI
I think they still might have that 3.2 pct. alcohol rule, or something. the rabbit hole of sports teams sponsorship is a deep one. (On that note, I'm surprised Red Bull hasn't backed a road team yet)
Thanks, thought it'd be ABV related, same as UCI bans hard liquor but allows beer (Amstel) and wine (Mitchelton).

Red Bull are already quite big in cycling but they're chasing a different (younger) audience so don't do UCI/road.

Last edited:
Reactions: proffate

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS