• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Landis Interview

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
Bolder said:
Loved the interview. FL is the only ex-pro telling it like it is. Why hate on the guy? His responses are refreshingly normal, more so because we're so used to equivocation and evasion from everyone else. In other words, he talks like cycling fans do when we're sitting at a bar.

Considering Sammy Sanchez just went down for GHRP, Floyd was not wrong. BMC is a team run by doping enablers so it comes as no surprise.

No way! Och would never dope his own daughter. Snake Oil all around the cesspit of pro cycling.

spetsa said:
thehog said:
Bolder said:
Loved the interview. FL is the only ex-pro telling it like it is. Why hate on the guy? His responses are refreshingly normal, more so because we're so used to equivocation and evasion from everyone else. In other words, he talks like cycling fans do when we're sitting at a bar.

Considering Sammy Sanchez just went down for GHRP, Floyd was not wrong. BMC is a team run by doping enablers so it comes as no surprise.

No way! Och would never dope his own daughter. Snake Oil all around the cesspit of pro cycling.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , You really believe that? He's been doping teams/individuals since his days with 7 Eleven(that's going back 30+ yrs). You are naive if you think Och wouldn't dope his own daughter to win or make a few bucks if he could.

Robert5091 said:
the delgados said:
I have a feeling fmk-Rol is a nice person in real life.
I also agree with his contention that there's nothing to see regarding Flandis.
Bessinger and Flandis did their best to create a little controversy during Le Tour.
That's pretty much as far as it's gonna go.

It's not like Kirby has hours of dead air time to talk about doping on Eurosport ...

Main stream media has no desire to face the wrath of lawyers, or the time to explain the ins and outs, when it's easier to just stick Trump in front of a camera or post "celebrity news". The entire planet knows Lance is an a****hole and it's moved on from there.

I agree.
My man Carlton Kirby is focused on Simon Clarke.
No doping to see there.
Move on everyone.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
spetsa said:
thehog said:
Bolder said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , You really believe that? He's been doping teams/individuals since his days with 7 Eleven(that's going back 30+ yrs). You are naive if you think Och wouldn't dope his own daughter to win or make a few bucks if he could.

Yes, I do believe he doped, not would dope, his own daughter. Her making the US Speedskating team was important to him. I mean her.

Reactions: 86TDFWinner
Interesting the tour of utah...are they against pot...or against landis for lying, about his doping?

Floyd! It's not personal. Take it easy.

Utah is a Mormon state. They're against all drugs and alcohol, including caffeine. So a CBD-sponsored team is just not gonna fly there. I don't know why Floyd is surprised. For a guy who makes his living on marijuana derived products, he's pretty uptight.

Utah is a Mormon state. They're against all drugs and alcohol, including caffeine.
What is it the sponsor he went with actually does? I know that in Europe we don't tend to think of American beer as alcohol but ...
For a guy who makes his living on marijuana derived products, he's pretty uptight.
I like that he's turning into Raphaël Géminiani, he arguing Floyd's Pro Cycling team and Floyd's of Leadville aren't related, Gém arguing that the Raphaël-Géminiani teams of the 50s/60s were his name, not the St Raphaël drinks company.

What is it the sponsor he went with actually does? I know that in Europe we don't tend to think of American beer as alcohol but ...

I like that he's turning into Raphaël Géminiani, he arguing Floyd's Pro Cycling team and Floyd's of Leadville aren't related, Gém arguing that the Raphaël-Géminiani teams of the 50s/60s were his name, not the St Raphaël drinks company.

It's a brewery, but beer isn't illegal in Utah unlike marijuana. I think they still might have that 3.2 pct. alcohol rule, or something. the rabbit hole of sports teams sponsorship is a deep one. (On that note, I'm surprised Red Bull hasn't backed a road team yet)

Reactions: fmk_RoI
I think they still might have that 3.2 pct. alcohol rule, or something. the rabbit hole of sports teams sponsorship is a deep one. (On that note, I'm surprised Red Bull hasn't backed a road team yet)
Thanks, thought it'd be ABV related, same as UCI bans hard liquor but allows beer (Amstel) and wine (Mitchelton).

Red Bull are already quite big in cycling but they're chasing a different (younger) audience so don't do UCI/road.

Last edited:
Reactions: proffate
Check out his number:

floyd-scaled.jpeg

Edited by King Boonen: Thanks @Netserk

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will just put this out there..not knowing exactly what Utah, Mormon influence,race organizer..other sponsors.would be opposed to from a drug company participating in their race..but just maybe when Landis and his doctor coach tried to hack into computers holding his test data..that could be part of it..or when he went on a cycling specific national tour claiming innocence and raising money for legal and other expenses ,..or a book, or tarnishing the good name of Jack Daniels whiskey, which Landis included in his yarn about not doping..that maybe part of it..or maybe the forgotten time line when Landis asked Armstrong for a favor,a job based on lots of readily available skeletons in every pro racers closet..when Lance said no,along with every other team w a budget..Landis had a come to Jesus moment..maybe that could have something to do with it..just taking a stab..
maybe the Utah race wants to control what they can..why introduce something controversial if it's of little benefit to the race..
would be curious, if you walked the perimeter of the race,asking onlookers who are watching the bike race..do you know who Floyd Landis is?..wonder if there is a long standing marketable name recognition..as a racing legacy or as a brand..
probably get more yes' than if you asked the same question substitutions..Erik Zabel..Guido Bontempi..or Jooooop Zoemelk..
In my opinion..Lemond, Armstrong,Schwinn,Huffy,Cannondale..only cycling names recognized..funny that Peloton is not connected w outdoor,regular riding

666 is just one of many defined angel numbers. Dark forces have tried to make it their own, but it was light before dark claimed it.
Should some see 666 a lot, the meaning might be here.

I see 222 literally every day. 888 I see just before I fall into big money.
There are many numbers, even more complex ones, that when you look them up, seem to offer a very personal message. Way beyond truisms.

TRENDING THREADS