Floyd to be charged with fraud

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 9, 2009
640
0
0
Glenn_Wilson said:
Obvious bait .....

You should see the thread topic. Floyd and Charged with fraud.

Another troll exposed.
Aye, trolling it may be, and definitely off topic. I do have to wonder why The Handbag Ladies have to turn every thread into an LA thread. Quite possibly since there have been no facts for a while, some get bored, etc.

Perhaps the mods would like to take a Hoover in hand and tidy up the thread, and that would include this post.
 
Mar 17, 2009
2,295
0
0
Cal_Joe said:
Aye, trolling it may be, and definitely off topic. I do have to wonder why The Handbag Ladies have to turn every thread into an LA thread. Quite possibly since there have been no facts for a while, some get bored, etc.

Perhaps the mods would like to take a Hoover in hand and tidy up the thread, and that would include this post.
Because it's not about the bike. :D
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,796
0
0
I concur please keep this thread about floyd and not armstrong, last warning before infractions(I already said keep it about floyd a couple of days ago)
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
Remember how Bicycling used to be an endless cheerleader for the Myth? They have realized that the winds change fast and have quickly jumped over to the winning side

 
Race Radio said:
Remember how Bicycling used to be an endless cheerleader for the Myth? They have realized that the winds change fast and have quickly jumped over to the winning side

Maybe now they will ask Floyd to demonstrate some of his favorite stretches and 15- minute workouts too. I'm sure he also has some recipes that would be great for cycling nutrition. That would be nice.
 
Aug 9, 2009
640
0
0
Race Radio said:
Remember how Bicycling used to be an endless cheerleader for the Myth? They have realized that the winds change fast and have quickly jumped over to the winning side
From Floyd's Twitter account today:

Woo. F***ing. Hoo. There are no winners in any of this.
And as a courtesy, that account can be found here.

https://twitter.com/#!/FakeFloydLandis

One caveat - no one is ever sure exactly who is posting on that account at any given time.
 
Armstrong has since been charged with doping by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and faces an 11 p.m. Thursday deadline to formally challenge the allegations or accept sanctions that likely would mean a lifetime ban. Armstrong’s lawsuit in federal court against the agency’s jurisdiction was dismissed on Monday.
Central time? Midnight EST?
 
Race Radio said:
Some quotes from Floyd here: http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8297769

One word comes to mind on the charges: Bull****.

Just make you realise how strong he was to confess.

"I'm glad to have a concrete procedure for repayment in place," Landis told ESPN.com on Thursday. "For me, taking the step of making restitution to the donors who were misled back then is one more step in righting the wrong choices I made and allows me to turn the page and to focus on what's next in life for me.

"I can never undo what happened, but to the extent that there are ways such as this that I can try to rectify things, I'll be more able to focus on the future and living an honest life after having done them."
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
thehog said:
Some quotes from Floyd here: http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8297769

One word comes to mind on the charges: Bull****.

Just make you realise how strong he was to confess.

"I'm glad to have a concrete procedure for repayment in place," Landis told ESPN.com on Thursday. "For me, taking the step of making restitution to the donors who were misled back then is one more step in righting the wrong choices I made and allows me to turn the page and to focus on what's next in life for me.

"I can never undo what happened, but to the extent that there are ways such as this that I can try to rectify things, I'll be more able to focus on the future and living an honest life after having done them."
Too bad it took the filing of criminal charges to get "a concrete procedure for repayment in place."

But I'm glad Floyd's on the road to paying people back. And I'm glad it's a deferred prosecution, too.
 
MarkvW said:
Too bad it took the filing of criminal charges to get "a concrete procedure for repayment in place."

But I'm glad Floyd's on the road to paying people back.
Next stop Lance and him paying back his long list of victims.

I hope he'll be honest tonight. I doubt it.

Looks like the rest will have to go to court to extract out Armstrong what he stole.
 
MarkvW said:
Too bad it took the filing of criminal charges to get "a concrete procedure for repayment in place."

But I'm glad Floyd's on the road to paying people back.
If Landis was smart then for the last two years he should have gotten a job or some other way of making money, even if it was racing for a crap team, and contributed a percentage of his income to repaying the FFF. It would have been smart to show good faith. It looks like he will end up with a decent outcome, but it could have been a lot worse.
 
Aug 21, 2012
84
0
0
thehog said:
Some quotes from Floyd here: http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8297769

One word comes to mind on the charges: Bull****.

Just make you realise how strong he was to confess.

"I'm glad to have a concrete procedure for repayment in place," Landis told ESPN.com on Thursday. "For me, taking the step of making restitution to the donors who were misled back then is one more step in righting the wrong choices I made and allows me to turn the page and to focus on what's next in life for me.

"I can never undo what happened, but to the extent that there are ways such as this that I can try to rectify things, I'll be more able to focus on the future and living an honest life after having done them."
it's good that he's finally come to terms with the idea what he did was wrong. many people seemed not to notice, but his first admissions and interviews were almost completely unrepentent. they were done to take revenge on the sport. maybe the way people in the anti antidoping community allowed him the space to think about it has helped him.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY