• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd to pay back Floyd fairness fund

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Floyd is bitter and twisted. He’s trying to destroy the charitable donations industry by giving money back. Why doesn’t he crawl under a rock and keep the money. Or at least he should try and fund a jet through the donations. I wish he’d just shut his trap and go away.

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Floyd is bitter and twisted. He’s trying to destroy the charitable donations industry by giving money back. Why doesn’t he crawl under a rock and keep the money. Or at least he should try and fund a jet through the donations. I wish he’d just shut his trap and go away.

Yea I agree. As well as paying back the money though he should of been charged with fraud. He is no poster boy. Wish he would go away to, but until this investigation by Novitsky an Co. is over we will unfortunately continue to smell his stench for quite some time to come.

The Bald Eagle said:
Yea I agree. As well as paying back the money though he should of been charged with fraud. He is no poster boy. Wish he would go away to, but until this investigation by Novitsky an Co. is over we will unfortunately continue to smell his stench for quite some time to come.

This is a waste of tax payers money. People should be allowed to set up charities and take money from people. What’s going on with this country.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Back in the day, FLandis and LA were tight friends or at least they tried to make it look that way. LA also publicly gave FL the benefit of the doubt.
So I wonder, did LA contribute in any way to the Fairness Fund?

If so, would he get his money back?. That would be hilarious.

Fourier said:
Back in the day, FLandis and LA were tight friends or at least they tried to make it look that way. LA also publicly gave FL the benefit of the doubt.
So I wonder, did LA contribute in any way to the Fairness Fund?

If so, would he get his money back?. That would be hilarious.

Little do people know but Mr. Armstrong was one to assist in the FFF being set up. Floyd was given some very good advice at the time on charitable organisations.

This will come out in the wash don’t you worry.

thehog said:
Little do people know but Mr. Armstrong was one to assist in the FFF being set up. Floyd was given some very good advice at the time on charitable organisations.

This will come out in the wash don’t you worry.

Brian Rafferty, the co-founder of international financial consultancy firm Taylor Rafferty and an accomplished amateur cyclist, set up the Floyd Fairness Fund in New York.

“I think it exposed him to people he wouldn't have otherwise met,” Henson says. “To be honest, he came into the Floyd Fairness Fund kicking and screaming, and that was only because of Floyd's sense of pride. His reaction was, 'No, I want to do this on my own and I don't want handouts.' We said, 'It's great that you have that kind of ethic, but it's a little shortsighted.' ”

Yep, LA was behind it for sure.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by JRTinMA
I commend his decision.... If he was serious he would sell that house with what appears to be a nice view and start paying people back.

thehog said:
Will you do the same? Could you pay back the wasted 30 second I spent reading your post?

Loser. Floyd is a bigger man than you.

NashbarShorts said:
Oh, so now it's not enough that Floyd came clean, told the truth, and is pledging to repay the Fairness Fund. He now has to first sell his house in order to satisfy you. Right on.

BTW, ppl who say "back under the bridge now troll" are L-OSERS. Seriously, are you 5yo?

Says the troll. Attacking the man (not the ball) earns you auto-troll distinction. Grats.

Meanwhile i agree with this:
mmedeast said:
Gotta be honest, this comes across far more as a part of a twelve step program more than anything else.

And when you get to this....

pedaling squares said:
It sounds like a logistical nightmare but good for him for making the effort.

agreed, but why the hell weren't records kept? seems strange he doesn't know who was giving him cash, specially since he had all this expert help in setting it up. Then again, maybe that WAS the expert advise..."trust me, ya don't wanna know sonny" :D:D:D

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Dewulf said:
Originally Posted by JRTinMA
I commend his decision.... If he was serious he would sell that house with what appears to be a nice view and start paying people back.

Says the troll. Attacking the man (not the ball) earns you auto-troll distinction. Grats.

Meanwhile i agree with this:

And when you get to this....

agreed, but why the hell weren't records kept? seems strange he doesn't know who was giving him cash, specially since he had all this expert help in setting it up. Then again, maybe that WAS the expert advise..."trust me, ya don't wanna know sonny" :D:D:D

give the boy a chance. he may be turning his life around. I ain't a lover of the guy I donated but people can change.

JRTinMA said:
Brian Rafferty, the co-founder of international financial consultancy firm Taylor Rafferty and an accomplished amateur cyclist, set up the Floyd Fairness Fund in New York.

“I think it exposed him to people he wouldn't have otherwise met,” Henson says. “To be honest, he came into the Floyd Fairness Fund kicking and screaming, and that was only because of Floyd's sense of pride. His reaction was, 'No, I want to do this on my own and I don't want handouts.' We said, 'It's great that you have that kind of ethic, but it's a little shortsighted.' ”

Yep, LA was behind it for sure.

My god. The guy has just stated everything from those years is a lie and you start quoting that era as fact! LOL! So which is it? He’s bitter and twisted, a liar and a fraud or now its all fact? LOL! Ha ha ha ha!

I've heard it all now! Ha ha ha!

thehog said:
My god. The guy has just stated everything from those years is a lie and you start quoting that era as fact! LOL! So which is it? He’s bitter and twisted, a liar and a fraud or now its all fact? LOL! Ha ha ha ha!

I've heard it all now! Ha ha ha!

Show me one place where I made those claims about Landis. This is simply the defense of a man with nothing to say. You got caught in a silly situation where you tried to claim inside knowledge and you lash out at me with 7 ha ha's and a LOL. C'mon Perry Mason you can do better than that.

Correction: I do take back the comment on selling the house, he has it mortgaged to 809K and its current value is 407K.

JRTinMA said:
Show me one place where I made those claims about Landis. This is simply the defense of a man with nothing to say. You got caught in a silly situation where you tried to claim inside knowledge and you lash out at me with 7 ha ha's and a LOL. C'mon Perry Mason you can do better than that.

Correction: I do take back the comment on selling the house, he has it mortgaged to 809K and its current value is 407K.

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Ha ha ha!!!!

Lets get real about Floyd Landis.

I want to believe him but he has absolutely no credibility. The reality is he committed fraud and theft by taking people's money when he knew full well he doped. He perjured himself about doping - as in under oath people.

He is lucky he is not in jail. And where is an unemployed cyclist going to get the funds to pay donor's back?

While it may be laudable to expatiate ones guilt about lying and cheating, it may also be a tactic to avoid prosecution and a room at the crowbar hotel.

Floyd's only hope is that Jeff Novitsky will find enough independent evidence to give Landis's allegations a shred of corroboration. :eek:

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
python said:
people, people, people......

i'm very disappointed in all of you b/c you cant seem to read a loud and clear message stuck between the lines;)........

the fed has joined his whistle blower case,joiks:)

This sounds about right.

No sense in going public with such a statement unless you've got some indication that things are moving forward. Cause and effect.

Well connected.

Regarding the quote about Landis' home mortgage/value, the article states it is gone: "his former house in the San Diego area repossessed"

RobbieCanuck said:
Lets get real about Floyd Landis.

I want to believe him but he has absolutely no credibility. The reality is he committed fraud and theft by taking people's money when he knew full well he doped. He perjured himself about doping - as in under oath people.

He is lucky he is not in jail. And where is an unemployed cyclist going to get the funds to pay donor's back?

While it may be laudable to expatiate ones guilt about lying and cheating, it may also be a tactic to avoid prosecution and a room at the crowbar hotel.

Floyd's only hope is that Jeff Novitsky will find enough independent evidence to give Landis's allegations a shred of corroboration. :eek:

Bullshit, at this point by finally telling the truth Landis has more credibility than the rest of pro cycling put together.
Can you honestly say that Clentador, Dopestrong, or maybe IonlythoughtaboutdopingBasso, or maybe his PED selling sister? have anywhere near the credibility that Landis has at this point?
As for the "shred of corroboration" if that is all you think that this investigation is gonna turn up you would be well advised to put you head back in the sand and pay no more attention to any of this. You won't like where it goes.

Hugh Januss said:
Bullshit, at this point by finally telling the truth Landis has more credibility than the rest of pro cycling put together.
Can you honestly say that Clentador, Dopestrong, or maybe IonlythoughtaboutdopingBasso, or maybe his PED selling sister? have anywhere near the credibility that Landis has at this point?
As for the "shred of corroboration" if that is all you think that this investigation is gonna turn up you would be well advised to put you head back in the sand and pay no more attention to any of this. You won't like where it goes.

Never mind him Hugh. He contributed this little gem in the Steakgate thread too:

RobbieCanuck said:
Clenbuterol is commonly found in beef products.

For those who want more, it's unlikely that Landis' house is worth more than he owes on it in the current real-estate climate. Having him really live in a box behind the carwash isn't likely to get anyone paid back.

-dB

I think paying back the doners is the wrong thing to do. The people who donated were morons. Pay them back and they will not learn anything. The next thing you know they will be giving money to Armstrong's defense or buying houses with option ARMs or investing all their money with jewish guys who look like George Washington. Paying them back creates moral hazard.

Heck, Internet central for FLandis' defense, Trust But Never Verify, featured a prominent link to the Vrijman report on the front page. People that stupid deserve to have their money taken.

I'd like to jump on the good-guy-Floyd bandwagon, but I just can't quite seem to go there yet. What's his real motive? Maybe he's giving the money back because it's cheaper for him to do that than get sued for fraud and then have to pay it back plus pay his own legal expenses. I'm not saying that's it. It's just a possibility.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think paying back the doners is the wrong thing to do. The people who donated were morons. Pay them back and they will not learn anything. The next thing you know they will be giving money to Armstrong's defense or buying houses with option ARMs or investing all their money with jewish guys who look like George Washington. Paying them back creates moral hazard.

Heck, Internet central for FLandis' defense, Trust But Never Verify, featured a prominent link to the Vrijman report on the front page. People that stupid deserve to have their money taken.

Then have them send the money to you. At least you'd have the courtesy to remind them how stupid they are and provide them some service.

BroDeal said:
Heck, Internet central for FLandis' defense, Trust But Never Verify, featured a prominent link to the Vrijman report on the front page.

Really? I don't remember that, and there's only two references to it on the whole site, on a reference page and in a collection of links to old stuff. I wouldn't say it didn't happen, but it wasn't a major point and was never discussed.

-dB

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
I'd like to jump on the good-guy-Floyd bandwagon, but I just can't quite seem to go there yet. What's his real motive? Maybe he's giving the money back because it's cheaper for him to do that than get sued for fraud and then have to pay it back plus pay his own legal expenses. I'm not saying that's it. It's just a possibility.

His real motive is that he behaves like a dolt who spends his money before he has it.

Here is a scenario that seems likely to me:

-The goberment joins the Floyd team in a lawsuit against the business interests surrounding US Postal.
-It comes out that there was rampant doping, but difficult to make a linear connection between the businesses and the individuals doing the doping.
-But what to do with this pesky lawsuit? The business defendant offers a million dollar settlement just to not go through that whole expense. Goberment accepts.
-Gobernment gets $700k, Floyd's Lawyers get $150k, Floyd gets $150k
-Floyd uses the money to pay a percentage of his outstanding legal bills from his original doping fight, and has to take a job as a short order cook.
-People promised a return of their investment in his freedom fight get $0

on3m@n@rmy said:

I think I'd believe Floyd more if he had his own jet. The fact he has no Jet means he's lying. Men with jets tells the truth.

It's truly astonishing you'll question a man with nothing whereby a man who rakes in 20 million a year is an inspiration.

I mean f@rk me just look at the body language. Does it look like a guy who wants to rape the world?

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
AussieGoddess said:
ah ....

after much searching and reading, I have found the answer to my question about why the law suit from Landis and what he hopes to gain.

thanks ... that makes sense

I guess if he does get some money out of the law suit he can use that to reapy the donations he received .... and I am assuming he gets immunity as well?

If not, would he (Landis) be persued for his own fraud and perjury?

A cut of the Government $$?? Wow..what a world... Thanks for finding this info, Godess. I would never have imagined that the Gov't would pay Roid. Leniency, no sentance maybe...but pay this clown?

The new money-making game. Dope 'n' Tell

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
AussieGoddess said:
Well I can assure you I am definitely Aussie and female - though Goddess may be a slight exageration :D

Ah ... so THATS where the money is.

You didn't clarify the axe murderer part, but that's OK. Because...if you are an actual woman, like bike racing and are on-line...then you are a Goddess. By defifnition. Even with the axe murderer thing...

Yup. Touch The Amish. Big money for Floyd and I could use the points.