• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum and Cookies

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that when logging out I get a message saying All personal data will be deleted, and yet there are still a TON of CN cookies left in the cookie file?

just wondering?

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi rickshaw,

When you log out, the forum software should delete the cookies which keep you logged in to the forum. However it won't delete any other cookies, e.g. ones that get set by the advertising networks. I believe we're working on a way to comply with recent EU legislation that will make the cookies used on the site more transparent to you guys. Hopefully that answers your question!

Joe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
josnor said:
Hi rickshaw,

When you log out, the forum software should delete the cookies which keep you logged in to the forum. However it won't delete any other cookies, e.g. ones that get set by the advertising networks. I believe we're working on a way to comply with recent EU legislation that will make the cookies used on the site more transparent to you guys. Hopefully that answers your question!

Joe

Maybe its just Opera, but I start with an empty cookie folder and after CN telle me "All cookies have been cleared" there are still about 25 leftover.

Its not the newest Opera either.

A

Anonymous

shouldnt be that many cookies.

I just ran a trace logging in, accessing four pages, and then logging out, and that only brought up 17 cookies. Most of them were temporary ones, a handful expire in 2012.