• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum Login

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
^ Spot on. It's an absolute farkin joke. The fact that they've done nothing about it -- not even posting on this thread -- shows that they don't give a fark, and are into the "we want the cash from the ad pop-up" thing. ***. I can't log it at all on Explorer, and I'm 'worried' that if I log out on Firefox, I won't be able to log back in, and I'll be stuck reading their stupid 10 posts per page default bullsh1t.

Is if I'm gunna change my ad block settings to log into a farkin forum!!

If they thought the traffic was getting too much, then my guess is that they've succeeded.

Flux Capacity said:
^ Spot on. It's an absolute farkin joke. The fact that they've done nothing about it -- not even posting on this thread -- shows that they don't give a fark, and are into the "we want the cash from the ad pop-up" thing. ***. I can't log it at all on Explorer, and I'm 'worried' that if I log out on Firefox, I won't be able to log back in, and I'll be stuck reading their stupid 10 posts per page default bullsh1t.

Is if I'm gunna change my ad block settings to log into a farkin forum!!

If they thought the traffic was getting too much, then my guess is that they've succeeded.

Whoooah there guys. The mods are not responsible for log in probs. I can take those further if you want me to. PM me. But FFS chill, we are the same people on here.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
ferryman said:
Whoooah there guys. The mods are not responsible for log in probs. I can take those further if you want me to. PM me. But FFS chill, we are the same people on here.

I do not see where I or flux capacity mentioned moderators. I certainly was not blaming moderators, I am well aware decisions are made well above moderators level.
As it so happens I have managed, after many times of trying with different browsers, to log in using Mozilla Firefox so I am able to post more. I have no idea how I was able to log in at the latest attempt after many times of trying with Firefox, a real mystery. Has there has been some subtle changes to how the log ins happen?

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Der Effe said:
The login page isn't loading for me in Chrome. I logged in using IE right now, which makes me feel pretty bad...
Are you using AdBlock extension on Chrome? If so try turning it off when logging on to CN.

Dutchsmurf said:
I already fixed it by turning off Adblock, logging in and turning it back on. And investing time to be able to post of a cycling forum isn't really something I think will get you many new members.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Does he have AdBlock? (Is that possible on a phone?)

Yes you can get ad remover on phones, it just removes banner ads etc.

Its a fairly simple process on the Galaxy SIII using stock browser to log in.
You go the forum, and click login
That takes you to the mobile version of the cyclingnews site.
You click classic version using the option at the bottom
That takes you back to the mobile version of the cyclingnews site
You click classic version again
And it takes you to a 404 page
Finally you get yourself back to good old mobile version once more and finally at the third time of asking you get to the standard Cyclingnews site.
When you get there you click on login
And due to the fact the login box has been set with fixed positioning it appears off the screen so you cant login anyway.
You can just about a see it on the wide screen of the S3, no way of seeing it on lower resolution phones.

TheGame said:
Yes you can get ad remover on phones, it just removes banner ads etc.

Its a fairly simple process on the Galaxy SIII using stock browser to log in.
You go the forum, and click login
That takes you to the mobile version of the cyclingnews site.
You click classic version using the option at the bottom
That takes you back to the mobile version of the cyclingnews site
You click classic version again
And it takes you to a 404 page
Finally you get yourself back to good old mobile version once more and finally at the third time of asking you get to the standard Cyclingnews site.
When you get there you click on login
And due to the fact the login box has been set with fixed positioning it appears off the screen so you cant login anyway.
You can just about a see it on the wide screen of the S3, no way of seeing it on lower resolution phones.

not happening on galaxy ace....i agree with MJm some the staff here are for ****e esp the technical dept (hiero2 is that a personal attack and no war and peace stuff please :D )

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
not happening on galaxy ace

My S3 is 720 pixels wide, and the login box is half off the screen preventing login, the Galaxy Ace S5830 is only 320 pixels wide, so in all likelihood the login box is there, but completely off the screen so you can't see it.

Its just poor coding. There should either be a logon box on the mobile version of the website (which there isn't that I can see), or the login box should be decreased in size (maximum 300px) and set to the left rather than centre

TheGame said:
My S3 is 720 pixels wide, and the login box is half off the screen preventing login, the Galaxy Ace S5830 is only 320 pixels wide, so in all likelihood the login box is there, but completely off the screen so you can't see it.

Its just poor coding. There should either be a logon box on the mobile version of the website (which there isn't that I can see), or the login box should be decreased in size (maximum 300px) and set to the left rather than centre
I need to talk to you, need help in seeing cached copy of a deleted page ...can you pm me? :p

The Hitch said:
Cant login on my mobile. When i do it gets redirected to some mobile version homescreen with no login option.

Why cant the simple things just be simple?

Hitch same here same here clicked classic version in bottom of page, then click forum and click login again, popup only half visible, zoom out try to click username space (this is a pain) then when start typing thing automatically zooms in do no idea what you're typing, zoom out again to check and try to click password space, then type again then zoom out to check then try to click login button.

For those who do not get how big of a pain in the **** clicking the spaces and buttons is when zoomed out let me clarify it, to have popup visible you need to have entire site on screen like on pc but then on a 20 times smaller screen. The buttons and type spaces are not even a millimeter wide. And my phone screen is relatively big.

Wtf happened?
Yesterday got error 404 ..that resolved itself and now I can't log in for two days on my laptop.
I am still logged in on iPad...but when I try to log in on computer it says "an error just occurred try again"

Josnor or anyone??

I see Hitchey and Flo can't log in mobile....:confused:

Apparently I am not the only one having login issues from computer...

mewmewmew13 said:
Wtf happened?
Yesterday got error 404 ..that resolved itself and now I can't log in for two days on my laptop.
I am still logged in on iPad...but when I try to log in on computer it says "an error just occurred try again"

Josnor or anyone??

I see Hitchey and Flo can't log in mobile....:confused:

Apparently I am not the only one having login issues from computer...

Me too. WTF, I cannot log in from my freakin' laptop.

What the ???

Daniel Benson said:
Sorry, we're aware of the login problem that some of you are having. We'll try and get to the bottom of it asap.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

Yes I can finally Log In!!!! You guys put up new mobile software and broke the regular logins while you had no support available on the weekend? Never put up new software before a weekend! I couldn't get in since Friday evening :(

TRENDING THREADS