• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Forum Login

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I recently experienced the same problems both from my self phone and from my laptop.
I was automatically logged out and couldn't access from the forum home page. Everytime I tried to log in a pop up would ask me to insert my username and password but when I clicked log in the pop up kept refreshing and never allowed me to log in.
I even tried to register with a new username (just to ask about this problem) but the same pop up would appear straight away.

I finally hit Flo on Twitter and she suggested trying to access from the main site home page. That worked. So big thanks to her but the problem should be solved.

Cheers.
 
Mar 18, 2009
2,418
0
0
I have a desktop and a laptop. Some glitch logged me out of CN on my laptop. I then changed my password in an attempt to log back into CN on my laptop, but this did not work. After reading other posts in this thread, I logged in through the homepage, but this was not successful either. In the process, I was then logged off my desktop as well as my laptop. Logging in through the home page on my desktop did not work either. I tried registering with a different name, but I am still waiting to have my registration confirmed (approximately 5 days now). About 6 days after being logged of CN on my desktop, I am suddenly able to log in to CN again. What's the deal? The problem is obviously not fixed despite being known for many months and it is not just restricted to mobile devices.
 
Mar 11, 2009
268
0
0
I have experienced the same problem. Login from the forum link won't accept a valid password and there's no apparent way to request a reset.
 
SafeBet said:
I recently experienced the same problems both from my self phone and from my laptop.
I was automatically logged out and couldn't access from the forum home page. Everytime I tried to log in a pop up would ask me to insert my username and password but when I clicked log in the pop up kept refreshing and never allowed me to log in.
I even tried to register with a new username (just to ask about this problem) but the same pop up would appear straight away.

I finally hit Flo on Twitter and she suggested trying to access from the main site home page. That worked. So big thanks to her but the problem should be solved.

Cheers.
I've just experienced the same problem. Yeah, it should be fixed. I mean, I don't really care personally but it kind of makes sense to have a 'log in' option on the forum page actually, you know, log you in.
 
May 27, 2012
5,293
0
0
Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?
 
Jul 9, 2009
6,625
0
0
ChewbaccaD said:
Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?
I couldn't log in for more than a week (and so, had a very productive week). I even went to the forgot password link, they sent me a new one and that wouldn't work, so I emailed back in response and said the password doesn't work. Never heard anything more. Maybe they are trying to get rid of all of us troublemakers?
 
May 27, 2012
5,293
0
0
Hugh Januss said:
I couldn't log in for more than a week (and so, had a very productive week). I even went to the forgot password link, they sent me a new one and that wouldn't work, so I emailed back in response and said the password doesn't work. Never heard anything more. Maybe they are trying to get rid of all of us troublemakers?
That was my thought...I start bar study in 4 weeks...maybe I should have stayed logged out?
 
Jul 23, 2009
2,842
0
0
ChewbaccaD said:
Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?
Are you new? When has anyone who runs this site ever given a shite about the user?
 
ChewbaccaD said:
Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?
Huh? Didn't your Defense work?
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,068
0
0
Couldn't log in yesterday either! Kept telling me "An error has ocurred. Please try again". Today it works again
 
Whew, here I thought I was being tossed from the forum because I had posted something stupid in the "music" thread in the cafe, turns out me not being able to log in was merely a technical glitch.

Thanks for fixing this glitch, and I'll go and apologize upstairs in the cafe anyway, it was a really dumb thing to say/post.
 
Aug 9, 2010
5,284
0
0
pedaling squares said:
Are you new? When has anyone who runs this site ever given a shite about the user?
lololol
:D

i tweet Daniel and cyclingnews...couldn't log in for a day or so..

hmm maybe Hugh was right..they were working on trying to off us all
 
Am currently not able to upload my latest avatar...

I think it is within the correct dimensions. And all it really is is a picture of a confused dog/puppy in honor of the possibly wrong calls made by the refs in today's Super Bowl, the men's final in the Aussie tennis Open, and all the upcoming wrong calls made by the judges in cycling events. :/

 
Just need to say that if I ever delivered IT service to my customers the way this site does I'd have been out of a job! Whoever does your IT needs replacing.

Hey at least I can login again after a few days of it being non functional to say that.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,924
0
0
Carols said:
Just need to say that if I ever delivered IT service to my customers the way this site does I'd have been out of a job! Whoever does your IT needs replacing.

Hey at least I can login again after a few days of it being non functional to say that.
I have no idea if whatever went wrong fixed itself, or if I can now finally log in again because I got Daniel's email from Susan and wrote to ask for 'help'. The most frustrating thing was to see that other people were able to post normally.
 
Sep 25, 2009
6,983
0
0
Carols said:
Just need to say that if I ever delivered IT service to my customers the way this site does I'd have been out of a job! Whoever does your IT needs replacing.
that last bit is of course none of our business since the forum is free, but, given the frequency and constancy of the same problem, it is hard to disagree with...

i tend to guard myself against public complaining re. the site or the mods. indeed, neither dan nor the admins, have anything to do with the problem. in fact, i would like to publicly thank laura for her quick and effective replies to my email. yet, the fact is i, like the dozens of other members, was effectively 'banned' at least 6 times in a little over a year. no fault.

data base incompatibility one, twice - understandable ! so many times - not understandable, other than the upper management neglect of the core IT issues or the incompetence at some level.
 
I was venting, it can be very frustrating. I've never been banned, but this is what it is like I'd assume. Watching others post away while you can't get in!

Would a mod kindly PM me with contact info to report issues when I can't log in? It would be appreciated :).


Thanks,

Carol
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eshnar Forum Feedback 287
Pantani Attacks Forum Feedback 12

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts