• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum Login

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Daniel Benson said:
Very soon you'll notice a change to the way you log in and join the forum. Instead of going to the forum to log in, you'll get directed to our main site. In addition, you'll have some new options when you log in or join - you'll be able to use Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn as well as your normal username and password. We hope this will make it easier for you to log into the site. For people who already have a Cyclingnews account, you'll be given the option to link your account when you first log in using one of the social media sites. As always, please let us know if you have any problems with this new functionality.

It's really hard not to repeat log in!

I couldn't log in. My password did not work. When I entered 'forgot my password', my email account said 'incorrect. I tried making a new account (frustrated and annoyed) and I did not receive activation email nor on the 'resend activation'. I started a third account, which is working. I had no other way to 'contact board administrator'. I never logged out in the first place. It is more of an "oh, bother." but I thought it worth mentioning. I don't like any of the 'redesign' of this site. I miss the replies to each article although I agree it had to go. Too much doping talk, nonsense, and probably memory space. It would be nice to have a forum section and a link at the end of each main article where relevant points could be discussed.

So, I gather my old account is simply lost and not recoverable.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I would have been totally lost if I didn't have certain people's email address.

My heart dropped when I saw the 'we're upgrading and will be back by 1800 GMT' notice posted last week. Not one thing that your IT people have EVER done with this forum has been done on time, or without major hassles for many users. What's most frustrating is when you simply cannot log in because you don't receive the mails the system says you will receive, while you see that other people are posting away as normal.

Quite apart from all the 'normal' problems whenever anyone tinkers with the forum, this migration has been a disaster, for which the IT dept. has to carry the can. Heads really should roll. This kind of technical inefficiency should simply not happen in 2015.

On top of all the hassle, the new look is absolutely revolting. This is now head and shoulders the ugliest forum that I'm a member of.

My thanks to Susan, Dan, and Bonny for eventually getting me re-connected.

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
So, after multiple attempts to get a new password in order to use my old member account (3 emails to be exact), I have now given up and created a whole new account. Never got a response.

Not only is the forum a mess, but you can't even get a response to emails after two weeks of waiting. Who can I talk to about this? I want my old screen name and all my posts back.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie - can you log in to your old account with your old username + old password? That's what I did, and it's worked fine.

I never read any emails about changing passwords, just saw folks posting about login problems and thought I'd try logging in the the way I always did on the former board. Lo and behold it worked same as always.

Not sure why they want us to change passwords???

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Beech Mtn said:
MacRoadie - can you log in to your old account with your old username + old password? That's what I did, and it's worked fine.

I never read any emails about changing passwords, just saw folks posting about login problems and thought I'd try logging in the the way I always did on the former board. Lo and behold it worked same as always.

Not sure why they want us to change passwords???

Nope...

Dear MacRoadie,

We're contacting you because you are a member of the Cyclingnews forum. Due to an upgrade that we're making today, you need to re-set your password.

Over the past few months we’ve been working on various updates to Cyclingnews.com. These updates have included a new design (which you'll have probably noticed!) and important security updates.

One of the biggest security updates we've made is to our forum. We've done this to protect forum members' data and improve the general look and feel. All the threads and posts from the original forum have been moved to the new forum, so you can continue using it as before.

Part of this upgrade requires you to create a new password to continue accessing the forum:

> Re-set your password here

This will give you a randomly generated password.

You will then then to go into your account settings and change it to something more memorable, that contains a mix of upper and lowercase characters and numbers.

If you have any feedback about the new forum, please share that with our web team using this feedback form.

Thanks,
Cyclingnews web team

And the feedback form referenced did me no good...

Re:

cellardoor said:
I've just had to create a new account after weeks of not being able to log in to the forum. It said my password needed to be upgraded, but I attempted it numerous times and never received the email. I tried emailing forum@cyclingnews.com a couple of times and have received no response after about a week of waiting. Really annoying.

Yes I was there :(. Finally the 5th email where I cc'd Daniel Benson was responded to and my login was fixed.
Welcome back!

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I was having a problem with remembering my password (but, yay, my brain finally worked), and I was trying to send myself email but the system says that they don't having it in yours database??? Which is kind of impossible, since I'm finally was able to log myself? Weird...

This is the only way i could get back into forum. Because of a complicated mixup in e-mail addresses (HTTP error 404) I could not get access to my new password that was sent out in march.My username has been "coapman". Would it be possible to delete all details of my old account and for me to register again with the same coapman username. If not could you send my new password to my new e-mail address ncrowley98@gmail.com.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

gunara said:
Where should I ask/report about banned I.P address? I can log in but can't post.

You can PM me (or another mod/admin) the details* and we'll have a look at it.

*-Are you getting a message that the IP is banned?
*- The I.P no
*-and other things you've taken notice of that might be relevant.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I had quite a difficult time registering for the forum. For a number of weeks, after several attempts, I simply never received my "activation email" even though I always got the same response in the registration window, "Your activation email has been sent."

Time and again, I would try, but nothing was ever received on my end. Not in my spam folder, or anywhere else.

Eventually I emailed the admins directly, but even that required some dancing around because the link to contact them only in appears in one of the multiple windows that one encounters during the registration process. Once I did that though, they responded promptly. :)

I was told they had to activate the account "from their end," which is what they did. I do wonder though, how many people may be stuck in limbo, never receiving activation emails, and maybe just give up even trying?

There must be some way to trouble shoot this?

vm2

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I opened an account here maybe five years ago, and haven't logged in to it for a year or two.

I've no idea what the password/email address for it is, so can't use it. Don't think I can send a pm with this new account... is there any way a mod can tell me the current log in details for my original account, as Vino's Mum, preferably without posting it on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Re:

vm2 said:
Hi,

I opened an account here maybe five years ago, and haven't logged in to it for a year or two.

I've no idea what the password/email address for it is, so can't use it. Don't think I can send a pm with this new account... is there any way a mod can tell me the current log in details for my original account, as Vino's Mum, preferably without posting it on this thread.

Thanks in advance.
Check your PM inbox.

vm2

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the pm.

I tried logging in with the pw and get: "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

Not sure, but I think I changed the email address a couple of years ago when I last used the account, and guess I didn't click on a link to verify the new one?

Thanks again...

vm2 said:
Thanks for the pm.

I tried logging in with the pw and get: "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

Not sure, but I think I changed the email address a couple of years ago when I last used the account, and guess I didn't click on a link to verify the new one?

Thanks again...
Okay, I've activated the account. Please try again.

vm2

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!

I logged in, reset the pw and email, clicked on the email link to activate it after the changes, logged in again to check it's all ok. You're welcome to delete/lock this account as 'vm2', ofc.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS