• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Announcement Forum Migrations - 4/27

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Today the search can find threads from 2009. It's a bit weird if you do a search for Froome. You get a few posts from yesterday and a few posts from 2009 when he was a nobody. It's like 2011-2018 never happened.
On a similar note, I'm getting recommended threads from 2009 under the 'Similar threads' area. I also don't think Schumachers lawyer is similar to Matteo Jorgenson and his Chambery chums!?!

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
On a similar note, I'm getting recommended threads from 2009 under the 'Similar threads' area. I also don't think Schumachers lawyer is similar to Matteo Jorgenson and his Chambery chums!?!

The similar threads will appear outdated until the database updates with new posts but for now I have disabled it since no one really needs to see that old content.

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
My basic “Back” has disappeared— I don’t mean going back to the previous page of a thread, but rather the back button that returns the user to the previous page viewed whether it was on this site or another. Maybe I need to check my settings to see if my mobile view is full screen or something like that?

Try rebooting your phone. That, from your description, sounds like a general device issue not anything to do with the site.
Thanks but didn’t help. I still have a “BACK” arrow on the main CN site just as I do on other sites. The entire function bar at the bottom of the page, where the BACK arrow would be be and also where the icon to choose forward/copy/share etc, is not there. Like when hitting “fullscreen” on some sites and the toolbars disappear.
And now I have made things worse because I tried switching to the default format, and in this mode there is no way to go back to settings. :(

Ed. Figured it out—the screen icon I have to take me directly to CN forums was somehow (weirdly) the problem.