• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum upgrades

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
King Boonen said:
Hi Andrew,

Embedded quotes. Any chance you can change the quote function so it only includes the post the user quotes and not anything quoted in that post? Editing them is a massive pain and it seems many users really struggle with it.

Cheers,

KB.

I would vote against this: it is useful to have the context for a quote.

Frankly, hard to understand how people are unable to delete the inner envelopes of citation if they want to do so. Even if they don't, the reader can easily enough concentrate on the outer levels of the wrapper if they are confident that they don't need any more clarification of the previous discussion.

I think it either needs to be updated or removed. I'm constantly seeing posts with a multitude of quotes incorrectly wrapped, many to the point where it is hard to distinguish what is the quoted text and what is the response. It's incredibly frustrating.

It's the automatic quoting quotes together with the 5 quotes per post that makes it a mess. It means that people are forced to manually delete some of the quotes when the automatic quote has too many quotes in it. Some people then only delete some of one of the quotes, but in a way that messes with the rest. I believe it is not optimal the way it is now.

In the old forum you could still have quotes within quotes, but you had to add them manually, though the multi-quote option made it easy to just have a list of quotes after each other instead of within themselves.

Re:

Netserk said:
It's the automatic quoting quotes together with the 5 quotes per post that makes it a mess. It means that people are forced to manually delete some of the quotes when the automatic quote has too many quotes in it. Some people then only delete some of one of the quotes, but in a way that messes with the rest. I believe it is not optimal the way it is now.

In the old forum you could still have quotes within quotes, but you had to add them manually, though the multi-quote option made it easy to just have a list of quotes after each other instead of within themselves.

Fully agree.

Also, wanted to ask this a long time ago, but what happened to all the signatures?

Red Rick said:
Netserk said:

Fully agree.

Also, wanted to ask this a long time ago, but what happened to all the signatures?

They are still around. See mine for example. Some probably just haven't changed it back in their settings since the forum change.

Can the data limit for avatars be raised, please? It is now 6kb, and when I take a picture, crop it and then resize down to the 80x80, it is 15kb. So something like 30kb should be a great improvement.

In case anyone is interested in what picture I'm talking about:
xw76he7.png

Re:

Netserk said:
Can the data limit for avatars be raised, please? It is now 6kb, and when I take a picture, crop it and then resize down to the 80x80, it is 15kb. So something like 30kb should be a great improvement.

xw76he7.png
This +∞

6kb is ridiculously small. You can't make out any details.

hrotha said:
Netserk said:

xw76he7.png
This +∞

6kb is ridiculously small. You can't make out any details.
Yep definately. My old Avatar was so pixalated(Because it had to be so small) you could hardly make out Stybar winning Strade Bianche.