• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Found at the local $1 Store

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what forum to post this in

0506111745.jpg

or link
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Spank226/0506111745.jpg

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
An obvious choice for The Clinic.

Belgium...drugs...it's all here:
I felt lost in the world. It wasn’t til later that I realized I was depressed., and that I could use some help. Trust me i’ve seen some bad things in the past few years.
I was surrounded by sharks who were only after my money and a few of my friends were doing drugs. They wrecked the atmosphere within the group.
Positively the truth

A

Anonymous

Yet there are people who use "Its not about the bike" like a bible, giving devotion daily to the biggest fraud in the history of sports. The stupidest thing is that even when the one balled wonder is busted, his most ardent followers will still consider the ground beneath his feat sacred. I can't wait for Floyd's next book. I have a feeling it will do a bit better than that one, and have a bit more staying power.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Obviously in high demand..........shelved literally.......

Ya - they are not marketing it correctly. There should be a huge sign, "Only 3 left".... or they could just say "makes an ideal door opener".

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Ya - they are not marketing it correctly. There should be a huge sign, "Only 3 left".... or they could just say "makes an ideal door opener".

If they put it in the humor section they could get $5.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I actually have this book and believe it or not, that's where I got it from. And I think Amazon sells it for cheaper than a dollar.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would buy the book just to get it see what Floyd would sign when I asked him to sign it. To have something signed by someone who blew up the omerta and the UCI would be a treasure to me.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yet there are people who use "Its not about the bike" like a bible, giving devotion daily to the biggest fraud in the history of sports. The stupidest thing is that even when the one balled wonder is busted, his most ardent followers will still consider the ground beneath his feat sacred. I can't wait for Floyd's next book. I have a feeling it will do a bit better than that one, and have a bit more staying power.

as typos go, this one is quite profound

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

You are serious are you not? Wow!

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
heh, I bought Floyd's book at a used bookstore in Kansas City for 4 bucks.

I actually enjoyed it.

Forget the doping lies. The best parts were about his early racing days with Mercury and how racing for Postal was nowhere near as glamorous as it was made out to be. If you want another look into "Inside the Postal Bus", not the nonsense that Michael Barry wrote then it is worth the dollar.

Also he pretty much skewers the UCI. It's pretty incredible if true.

If you read "Lance Armstrong's War" and a few of the other books out there and compare the accounts in there with Floyd's then I think you can take the non-doping parts of Floyd's book WITHOUT a grain of salt.