• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Frank schleck

News that he has failed a dope test.

Diuretic found in urine sample taken on July 14

Earlier today, the UCI advised Luxembourger Fränk Schleck (RadioShack-Nissan) of an Adverse Analytical Finding in a urine sample collected from him at an in-competition test at the Tour de France on July 14, 2012.

The WADA accredited laboratory in Châtenay-Malabry detected the presence of the diuretic Xipamide in Schleck's urine sample.

More to follow as the story develops

Follow Cyclingnews on Twitter for the very latest coverage of events taking place in the cycling world - twitter.com/cyclingnewsfeed

To catch up on the latest rankings visit the IG Pro Cycling Index at: http://www.cyclingnews.com/ig :D

cycletard ‏@cycletard
Fränk Schleck positive for a diuretic (Xipamide) per @aberton70. More bad news for @RSNT methinks... #trekworld

José Been ‏@TourDeJose
BREAKING on Reuters wire: Frank Schleck fails doping test during Tour de France

Wielerland.nl ‏@WielerlandNL
De UCI heeft zojuist aangekondigd dat Frank Schleck positief is getest. #laterme

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes thats obivous, because Frank dominating his opponents and showing crazy form...

haha still laughing about this.. no doubt this is an attack on RSNT as a whole..

I wonder if people will move away from the SKY thread now or just come up with theories about this being a decoy haha

CN article

Diuretic found in urine sample taken on July 14

Earlier today, the UCI advised Luxembourger Fränk Schleck (RadioShack-Nissan) of an Adverse Analytical Finding in a urine sample collected from him at an in-competition test at the Tour de France on July 14, 2012.

The WADA accredited laboratory in Châtenay-Malabry detected the presence of the diuretic Xipamide in Schleck's urine sample.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Arnout said:
Would an expert be so kind to describe what the substance is, what performance it might or might not add, if it is able to mask things and how likely it is that it is a deliberate attempt to dope?

I'm looking for facts :)

Considering it's a diuretic I doubt it helps performance :D

Jest aside, I assume it's a mask or cleansing drug.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
JPM London said:
No, it's the other way around: "he dopes because he's a crap loser who can't cut it against the real riders who train harder, have a better cadence and don't whine".

Or something...

He couldn't bear another DNF to pass the Schlecks by ?
:p