• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Frank schleck

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TheBean said:
I just read CN's report that Frank is likely headed to Astana.

Astana is becomming even more of a halfway house for rehabilitated dopers. IMO, more laughable than Shack in that regard.

The pattern is getting silly:

Climb the ranks - dope - get caught - serve a suspension - sign with Astana - ride in bright blue and yellow for a bit - **** clean a few times - sign with another team.

I truly feel sorry for the Kazach (sp?) riders who see the disgraced use their native team as a landing pad from a suspension and a springboard to another team.
What pattern?
When was Nibali disgraced? :confused:

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Alphabet said:
They aren't disappearing anytime soon. Anthony Tan predicts that Orica-GreenEdge will sign them up for next season :D.

Strangely enough - I would take them. More for Andy but if it means Frank has to be there too, then so be it.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
That was a bit of a laugh at the Tan Man's prediction. OGE don't have the money to even sign a quarter of a Schleck, let alone getting both and them assembling a GC team to support them.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Alphabet said:
That was a bit of a laugh at the Tan Man's prediction. OGE don't have the money to even sign a quarter of a Schleck, let alone getting both and them assembling a GC team to support them.

Who knows? They would be generating a bit extra revenue after this year's tour that is for sure...

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
What pattern?
When was Nibali disgraced? :confused:

Good point. Nibali has shown class. I didn't mean to cast a negative remark his way.

The pattern still exists, even though the team and Nibali can hold their heads high and celebrate his successes.

The pattern is Vino, Contador, Armstrong, and now - maybe - Schleck. I may have missed a few, but those are the big names that come to mind quickly.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Can't wait to see frank back! That means Andy's preperatore will have returned to the sport. Rooming together again means total loyalty, mutual trust, wisdom and secrecy: Frank will again be sharing tips and tricks from the Fuentes fountain with his little brother. I bet Frank is the "front", the one who signs, and makes payments, to cover for Andy and who keeps him out of reputanional and legal trouble. The best wingman you can have on and off the road.

Andy will start performing when they race together again, I am pretty sure.

Astana would be the ideal environment to ride themselves back into form.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Andy without frank is like superman touching kryptonite. He went faster out the back then diarrhea...

Don't be so hard on Andy. It must suck big time to not be getting the hand-me-down training info on structuring intervals that Frank buys from a gynecologist.

Not that it's hard to believe but he has really gone from the pointy end to off the back.
Makes me think he falls into the category of donkey turned into a race horse.
He's not THAT old. There a re several other older riders performing well.
Totally cleans?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

This Charming Man said:
Benotti69 said:
If Frank and his brother disappear from the sport, great.
I like Frank, pity about Andy's injury, and retirement. :redface: :redface: :(

Their arrogance with Team Leopard was unbearable. Their lies about working with Fuentes was laughable. Andy Schlecks drinking at La Vuelta was disrepectful.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
This Charming Man said:
Benotti69 said:
If Frank and his brother disappear from the sport, great.
I like Frank, pity about Andy's injury, and retirement. :redface: :redface: :(

Their arrogance with Team Leopard was unbearable. Their lies about working with Fuentes was laughable. Andy Schlecks drinking at La Vuelta was disrepectful.
come on mate. it was party time for Stuey mate. if Stuey mate says drink, you do what road captain mate tells you to drink.

its either that or panem et aqua with bottle levi leipheimer... and he scrounges those frozen bottles from Lim in a hail mary tom brady bidon from heaven in the phonak team car.

no, you drink the duval. or leffe. you drink.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

blackcat said:
The bean really needs to start paying some respect to my homie ricky riccio

no one takes ricky riccio's name in vein[sic].

just
no one.
Gotta respect Ricky's DIY approach to things.

The schleck brothers will ironically go down in history as the schleck sissies.

sniper said:
blackcat said:
The bean really needs to start paying some respect to my homie ricky riccio

no one takes ricky riccio's name in vein[sic].

just
no one.
Gotta respect Ricky's DIY approach to things.

The schleck brothers will ironically go down in history as the schleck sissies.
It's disappointing how Frank's aggressive racing disappeared after Andy started rising :(

I had high hopes after Amstel in 2006, especially with the awesome post race interview