• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

French doping agency forwards report on Armstrong...what's this about?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
No cure for cancer BTW. I'd bet the house there will be none.

A super-responder to drug therapy can survive fatal cancer, and win the Tour de France ahead of other drug users.

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
Im not a LA fan but i respect his efforts with cancer and his accomplishments as a rider, but i think the French are sick of him just as most of us are but still I know after I finish riding all I want to do is take a shower, so I can understand that excuse if the tester gave him permission to shower

I think the French fans are sick of the doping issues and probably largely regard great performances with a certain degree of skepticism.

Their federation took it upon themselves to really attack the doping issues. That does not mean that all French cyclists are clean. It also doesn't mean that if doping stopped in cycling, the French would rule again.

But if you look at who is winning what in the pelaton, especially the big stage races or grand tours, you can pretty much figure which National federation(s) is (are) or is not (are not) trying to attack doping.

Italy seems to want to go after it but they still seem somewhat inconsistent to me. Spain clearly wants to sweep it under the rug. I also don't think the U.S. is all that game for it either but the U.S. riders are not in the European pelaton in large numbers. It has grown.

I do not think it is any coincidence on what countries the riders come from when you look at the last decade of winners in the TdF. You have Lance (U.S.) and then Spanish rider after Spanish rider.

After watching the coverage on the Tour of the Basque country, I think whoever rider the TdF will be competing for 2nd and 3rd because, unfortunately (for me), Alberto has it. He climbs like a goat and apparently now can time trial with the best.

TRENDING THREADS