• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1005 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
Alpe73 said:
ScienceIsCool said:
brownbobby said:
Yes, i am saying everyone who reaches WT level has 'some' potential.
M
Hmmm. Nope. The first Google result for "potential" is: "having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future".

Making it to the big leagues only says you have the minimum level of required ability or talent. Your results beyond that indicate your ceiling. Thus has it been and how it always will be. Name a champion, any champion, and their "potential" is as obvious as their destiny. Hinault, three years after being a neo-pro won his first attempted Tour and Vuelta. Before that he had already won Liege, and Gent-Wevelgem. At the age of 23. Talent doesn't "emerge" as you approach 30. It's on fire and ready to explode by time you're 23. At that point it's only a matter if you can handle the work load and pressure.

John Swanson

You don’t know his potential; you only know his results, past and present. What you claim to be his ‘potential’ ... are your inferences of probability based on limited data ... previous results. A ‘decent’ scientific model, I suppose ... but in the lab ... whatchya reckon the margin of error to be? Small enough to confidently declare an athlete a dirty cheat? Outside of any real, empirical, measured, corroborated, adjudicated evidence. C’ mon, man ... you got nothin ... ‘cept suspicion. What’s the half life of that shyte?

Jeroen Swart tried to prove his potential and failed miserably. All we got was he lost the inner fat.

As usual, as like the rest ... you got nothing, bro ... really. You have lots of suspicion, grant you that ... so you wait, at the office, and recycle thousands of bits of rehashed tabloid ... hyper vigilant ... waiting for a break in the case. Chris must be having a right old laugh with your posts. Will give you this ...gives you an honest day's work, B. :lol:

If chris really is clean he can't be laughing that much. He's just done pretty much the most impossible thing a human can do - win multiple Tours and a Tour vuelta double clean.

And no one believes him. His manager, his team, his former teammates are all consistently being caught in lies and one by one being investigated and disgraced. Tons of things said about him by his friends, colleagues and his wife are proving to be lies and heaping even more doubt on him.

He's single handidly made cycling clean and no one but a few frauds like Ligget, Kirby Sherwin seem to actually give him any credit for it.

Sucks to be him.

If he is dirty however, then maybe you are right. He may be laughing that so far he's still gotten away with it.

Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:
...................all the way to the bank.

Could be ... I dunno ... and neither do you.

But don't be discouraged because Dawg's bank account is overflowing and he's having one helluva good time.

Just denigrate ... wait ... repeat. Watch that ceiling fan. :confused:

the correlation between wealth and having a helluva good time isn't that clear.
Cyclists seem to be pretty prone to depression.

I mean we are talking about people who push themselves to the pain limit every day. According to Chris he does this even more than any cyclist in history, training way beyond what the human body can take or his coaches reccomend (he says so himself)

And Chris is hardly a sane person to begin with -eg the various examples of animal cruelty he boasts about from his youth, the hatred towards his father. Not to mention he lives with Michelle who with her abuse of journos and random twitter posters, has shown a very unstable personality herself.

Is he really living that great a life? Maybe. Maybe not.

The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

But don't be discouraged because Dawg's bank account is overflowing and he's having one helluva good time.

I mean we are talking about people who push themselves to the pain limit every day. According to Chris he does this even more than any cyclist in history, training way beyond what the human body can take or his coaches reccomend (he says so himself)

And Chris is hardly a sane person to begin with -eg the various examples of animal cruelty he boasts about from his youth, the hatred towards his father. Not to mention he lives with Michelle who with her abuse of journos and random twitter posters, has shown a very unstable personality herself.

He's gainfully employed; that's a good start, nao eh? ;)

The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7887-and-those-who-were-seen-dancing-were-thought-to-be

Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
Alpe73 said:
ScienceIsCool said:
brownbobby said:
Yes, i am saying everyone who reaches WT level has 'some' potential.
M
Hmmm. Nope. The first Google result for "potential" is: "having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future".

Making it to the big leagues only says you have the minimum level of required ability or talent. Your results beyond that indicate your ceiling. Thus has it been and how it always will be. Name a champion, any champion, and their "potential" is as obvious as their destiny. Hinault, three years after being a neo-pro won his first attempted Tour and Vuelta. Before that he had already won Liege, and Gent-Wevelgem. At the age of 23. Talent doesn't "emerge" as you approach 30. It's on fire and ready to explode by time you're 23. At that point it's only a matter if you can handle the work load and pressure.

John Swanson

You don’t know his potential; you only know his results, past and present. What you claim to be his ‘potential’ ... are your inferences of probability based on limited data ... previous results. A ‘decent’ scientific model, I suppose ... but in the lab ... whatchya reckon the margin of error to be? Small enough to confidently declare an athlete a dirty cheat? Outside of any real, empirical, measured, corroborated, adjudicated evidence. C’ mon, man ... you got nothin ... ‘cept suspicion. What’s the half life of that shyte?

Jeroen Swart tried to prove his potential and failed miserably. All we got was he lost the inner fat.

As usual, as like the rest ... you got nothing, bro ... really. You have lots of suspicion, grant you that ... so you wait, at the office, and recycle thousands of bits of rehashed tabloid ... hyper vigilant ... waiting for a break in the case. Chris must be having a right old laugh with your posts. Will give you this ...gives you an honest day's work, B. :lol:

Yeah. He certainly blocks people on twitter left and right because he finds all this posts amusing :lol:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
silvergrenade said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7887-and-those-who-were-seen-dancing-were-thought-to-be

"The Emperor's New Clothes" is a short tale written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent.

The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

is this wishful thinking?

wtf, Froome succeeds in gathering incredible thoughts and reactions on here.
analyzing his life and wellness outide cycling, guessing his wellbeing, saying he's not a sane person
wow

all for the sport of cycling
wow

Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

Yep you are right. Money guarantees happiness. :eek:

All rich people are immune from all problems. froome must be living 10x the life of everyone here because he has so much money.

(though if this is the case why are you boasting about it. Its not like you yourself are any better off than the doubters here?)

miguelindurain111 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

Bitter? :lol:

15mbtp5.png

fcl452.png

Some of the baiting here isn't as high quality as other parts.

You are aware that posting smiley pictures on social media is not a particularly reliable metric of happiness?

Or maybe not, considering you think making a 1 word post titled "bitter" is an effective trolling technique. Or maybe you just run out of other ideas so quickly.

pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

analyzing his life and wellness outide cycling, guessing his wellbeing, saying he's not a sane person
wow

wow

Considering 3 separate accounts ( by pure coincidence I am sure) all resorted to change from a "Froome is cleans you have no evidence" argument to a "whatever, he has more money than you losers. Suck it!!!" I think it's pretty natural to expect a counteranalysis that goes beyond - x has more money therefore he is better and you guys are jealous.

The correlation between money, fame, success and happiness is a subject that facinates me (totally independent of Froome). I have been convinced for years that the money = happiness idea is flawed to the core.

I think many people in here also made clear years ago, before Froome signed his own Faustian pact to get rich back in 2011, that the life of a professional cyclist was not one many of us actually wanted. There's glory and riches. Theres also a lot of danger, suffering and massive risks to your body health and future well being.

So to see the latest fanboy argument become - y'all are just jealous that ftoome won and you didn't, deserves a little bit of a response. I have read froomes autobiography in order to learn a little more about him.

I honestly do think he made a mistake by thinking that doping his way to multiple tdf titles, especially after the tdf became synonymous with doping thereby making it very difficult to pretend to be clean, was the solution to his life. Its his choice, maybe it works for him.

Lance himself claims now that he is far happier today than he was as a champion despite what seem like major money problems. I'm sure we will read lance must be lying but this is hardly an uncommon phenomenon. We need look no further than Wiggins, and I've read plenty of accounts in other sports of champions feeling empty when the doors are actually closed.

I'm sure this will go above the head of the usual suspects and they will find a photo shoot of ftoome and Michelle appearing happy somewhere and write " you are bitter" but hey, the points stand.

pastronef said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
gillan1969 said:

wow

wow

Considering 3 separate accounts ( by pure coincidence I am sure) all resorted to change from a "Froome is cleans you have no evidence" argument to a "whatever, he has more money than you losers. Suck it!!!" I think it's pretty natural to expect a counteranalysis that goes beyond - x has more money therefore he is better and you guys are jealous.

The correlation between money, fame, success and happiness is a subject that facinates me (totally independent of Froome). I have been convinced for years that the money = happiness idea is flawed to the core.

I think many people in here also made clear years ago, before Froome signed his own Faustian pact to get rich back in 2011, that the life of a professional cyclist was not one many of us actually wanted. There's glory and riches. Theres also a lot of danger, suffering and massive risks to your body health and future well being.

So to see the latest fanboy argument become - y'all are just jealous that ftoome won and you didn't, deserves a little bit of a response. I have read froomes autobiography in order to learn a little more about him.

From reading it, i do think he has big issues and insecurities. Is this such a wild statement? Actually it's very often the case amongst the people who become the best in the world in sport. The obsession you need to have, especially in a masochistic sport like cycling, it's very often the issues that drive someone to strive to be the best at a sport like that.

I honestly do think he made a mistake by thinking that doping his way to multiple tdf titles, especially after the tdf became synonymous with doping thereby making it very difficult to pretend to be clean, was the solution to his life. Its his choice, maybe it works for him.

Lance himself claims now that he is far happier today than he was as a champion despite what seem like major money problems. I'm sure we will read lance must be lying but this is hardly an uncommon phenomenon. We need look no further than Wiggins, and I've read plenty of accounts in other sports of champions feeling empty when the doors are actually closed.

I'm sure this will go above the head of the usual suspects and they will find a photo shoot of ftoome and Michelle appearing happy somewhere and write " you are bitter" but hey, the points stand.

Benotti69 said:
"The Emperor's New Clothes" is a short tale written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent.
I stayed awake all through an ad break trying to work out why this was introduced to the discussion and they I realised: the moral of the Emperor's New Clothes is that, despite all the laughing and all the pointing, the Emperor stayed the Emperor and nothing whatsoever changed. Which does kind of sum up this thread...well done Benotti.

The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:

All rich people are immune from all problems. froome must be living 10x the life of everyone here because he has so much money.

(though if this is the case why are you boasting about it. Its not like you yourself are any better off than the doubters here?)

"Better off" ... if you mean 'financially' ... oh, well ... I could be a helluva lot better off than you and other doubters. Or maybe I'm far worse off, financially. I'm neither going to denigrate others for their financial status, low or high ... nor going to play the victim card because of perceived disparity.

"Better" ... as in "better than you and other doubters on this thread" ... as in character ... as in personality ... as in integrity? Well, the most effective measure for that ... is a pissing contest. No, not a metaphorical/digital pissing test ... a real one with real urine ... and a carpenter's ruler.

Listen, you and some of the other rigid doubters on here don't know Chris Froome from Lapu Lapu. He's done nothing to you. (Spare us the wailing, hand wringing, gnashing of teeth and crank biting about how he's ruining our beloved sport). Yet, you vehemently tar him as a cheater, a liar, a nut job, wife's a nut job, depressive ... to name a few ... without any real evidence ... not Duplo evidence ... real ---ing proof.

If it were done in the spirit of sports banter (my team versus your team, your Ricky ... my Manny), that'd be understandable ... but to the tune of 50,000!!! posts ... and that's only a coupla you ... you never let the ---k up with your foolishness. It doesn't seem that you're that much anti-doping, per se ... but more anti success, anti nationality, anti- good looks ... whatever. That the responibility to disrobe the Emperor rests upon your shoulders because 'he looked at you hard' or because the Battle of the ----ing Boyne, or some other good ----ing reason.

You seem to identify more with the "Clinic 12" than with any bona fide anti-doping movement.There was a time when you and your cohorts tried to control this and other threads. Now ... most of them have bailed. No wonder ... as time wears on, most rationale people ... move on.

So ... no ... I'm no better than you, or any of the other doubters, prima facie ... but I don't like your crediblity in terms of being intellectually sound in some of the shyte you and others spread.

I'm neither a fan nor a hater of Chris Froome. And if it is proven that he doped ... then he deserves just punishment. If you have NEW ... NEW!!! evidence ... show it. If not ... cease and desist with the same old, tired, boring, putrid flotsam. Because it's from a CLINICal, anti-social source deeper than any PED use.

Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:

"Better off" ... if you mean 'financially' ... oh, well ... I could be a helluva lot better off than you and other doubters. Or maybe I'm far worse off, financially. I'm neither going to denigrate others for their financial status, low or high ... nor going to play the victim card because of perceived disparity.

"Better" ... as in "better than you and other doubters on this thread" ... as in character ... as in personality ... as in integrity? Well, the most effective measure for that ... is a pissing contest. No, not a metaphorical/digital pissing test ... a real one with real urine ... and a carpenter's ruler.

Listen, you and some of the other rigid doubters on here don't know Chris Froome from Lapu Lapu. He's done nothing to you. (Spare us the wailing, hand wringing, gnashing of teeth and crank biting about how he's ruining our beloved sport). Yet, you vehemently tar him as a cheater, a liar, a nut job, wife's a nut job, depressive ... to name a few ... without any real evidence ... not Duplo evidence ... real ---ing proof.

If it were done in the spirit of sports banter (my team versus your team, your Ricky ... my Manny), that'd be understandable ... but to the tune of 50,000!!! posts ... and that's only a coupla you ... you never let the ---k up with your foolishness. It doesn't seem that you're that much anti-doping, per se ... but more anti success, anti nationality, anti- good looks ... whatever. That the responibility to disrobe the Emperor rests upon your shoulders because 'he looked at you hard' or because the Battle of the ----ing Boyne, or some other good ----ing reason.

You seem to identify more with the "Clinic 12" than with any bona fide anti-doping movement.There was a time when you and your cohorts tried to control this and other threads. Now ... most of them have bailed. No wonder ... as time wears on, most rationale people ... move on.

So ... no ... I'm no better than you, or any of the other doubters, prima facie ... but I don't like your crediblity in terms of being intellectually sound in some of the shyte you and others spread.

I'm neither a fan nor a hater of Chris Froome. And if it is proven that he doped ... then he deserves just punishment. If you have NEW ... NEW!!! evidence ... show it. If not ... cease and desist with the same old, tired, boring, putrid flotsam. Because it's from a CLINICal, anti-social source deeper than any PED use.

Chapeau Sir. Chapeau!!

Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:

tenor.gif

Re:

70kmph said:
Find his Doctor, you will find the evidence
:D
If I tell you the name of the doctor can you get me evidence?
If only it were that easy. The doctors in the game know how the game is played.
Patient-Doctor confidentiality rules. Plus nobody will talk. The doctors' currency is how discreete he is. Thats why he's paid.
Speak once and you will get no work.

Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:

touched a nerve?

Just denigrate ... wait ... repeat. Watch that ceiling fan. :confused:[/quote]

Is he really living that great a life? Maybe. Maybe not.[/quote]

He's gainfully employed; that's a good start, nao eh? ;)[/quote]

(though if this is the case why are you boasting about it. Its not like you yourself are any better off than the doubters here?)[/quote]

I'm neither a fan nor a hater of Chris Froome. And if it is proven that he doped ... then he deserves just punishment. If you have NEW ... NEW!!! evidence ... show it. If not ... cease and desist with the same old, tired, boring, putrid flotsam. Because it's from a CLINICal, anti-social source deeper than any PED use.[/quote]

touched a nerve?[/quote]

Brilliant. The great thing about this comment is that I'm guessing you don't even see the irony in it :lol:

Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:
The Hitch said:
Alpe73 said:

Help! I’ve been trapped in a mid-2000’s cycling forum!

Wait, everyone is spelling Armstrong wrong... :confused:

Alpe73 said:

If it were done in the spirit of sports banter (my team versus your team, your Ricky ... my Manny), that'd be understandable ... but to the tune of 50,000!!! posts
... and that's only a coupla you ... you never let the ---k up with your foolishness. It doesn't seem that you're that much anti-doping, per se ... but more anti success, anti nationality, anti- good looks ... whatever. That the responibility to disrobe the Emperor rests upon your shoulders because 'he looked at you hard' or because the Battle of the ----ing Boyne, or some other good ----ing reason.

that.
I´ve seen on here and twitter incredible stuff written about Froome, that go beyond the sport of cycling.

ps. I am aware that all the narrative of winning clean is wrong/untrue. and Sky made huge mistakes.

Alpe73 said:
If you have NEW ... NEW!!! evidence ... show it. If not ... cease and desist with the same old, tired, boring, putrid flotsam. Because it's from a CLINICal, anti-social source deeper than any PED use.
Ironic that you would reference the "same old tired, boring, putrid flotsam", because it's just as tiring to read the three-thousandth attempt to spin the doubt as being because of national biases, or the three-thousandth attempt to claim that his being able to climb with Denis Menchov for a couple of kilometres on Alpe d'Huez before blowing up and losing nine minutes to him was somehow a sign of the greatest talent of his generation, as it is to read the three-thousandth attempt to conflate Froome with a motor because he happened to look downward funny at one point in a race video where he can just about be picked out in the background or spin a picture of him with some ex-rider as proof he dopes because he wasn't punching them in the face at the time the camera went off. Yes, some of the accusations levelled at Froome have been fanciful theories based on some pretty thin evidence, but some of them haven't, and you shouldn't use the former to dismiss the latter out of hand. There are plenty of reasons many posters suspect Froome and plenty of justifiable reasons why he attracts more distaste than many other riders at the forefront of the péloton, and those posters sufficiently resent what they see as perfectly reasoned, considered opinions being dismissed with a patronizing implication that they are based on mindless jingoism that they feel compelled to defend their position.

I get frustrated by the wild conspiracy theories and logic jumps too, but don't pretend it's just the propagators of those in here and you're not a part of the reason the thread has spiralled to this length too.