• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1149 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
For those with (very) short memories

Michelle inserted herself into the conversation

How many times does she interrupt or contradict her husband in the Kimmage interview?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-chris-froome-in-the-eye-of-the-storm-part-2-30394950.html

PK: What about your ethics? You use the word ‘betrayal’ about Basso and I’m thinking ‘That’s exactly what I want to hear.’ But then I see you at Vinokourov’s retirement party and being photographed with him. So what happens to betrayal?

CF: Yeah, I mean going to Vinokourov’s thing . . . this guy is a big icon in cycling. He has a retirement party here (Monaco),and there’s going to be a lot of influential cycling people here . . .

PK: He’s a *** cheat.

CF: (Laughs) You said that.

MC: I don’t think Chris fully understood that (Vinokourov) had doped.

CF: No, I knew.

MC: Not fully.

PK: I want you to say it Chris. You say, ‘You said that’ but I want you to say it. As a cycling fan, I want you to say, ‘You know these *** cheats? I’m sick of them. They’ve ruined the sport. They’re ruining my life. This is the price I’m paying for these fuckers, so I’m not going to have anything whatsoever to do with them.’

CF: Yeah.

PK: I want you to say that.

CF: I’m not going to point the finger at Lance or Vinokourov or Basso or Bjarne.

PK: Why not?

CF: Because it’s not one person who *** it up for us. It’s a generation of cheats. I’m more pissed off with the governing body of cycling for allowing that to go on for so long. It was allowed to happen in the sport . . . well, I don’t want to say allowed but it did happen for so long, and I think that goes back to the UCI and it’s their mess that they didn’t sort this out sooner.

PK: That’s a fair point. But you’re not going to hold the riders to account for their part in that?

CF: No, no, the riders should be held to account for that.

PK: But you’re not going to do it?

CF: It’s not my job to do it.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

rick james said:
So Michelle Froome runs the show, her man is a multiple grand tour winner so she must be doing something right ....but the clinic knows best

Without doping Froome would have won zero Grand Tours, so no they're not doing something right.

Re: Re:

ebandit said:
riding as though nothing is wrong....handling the pressure like a champ...

taking the piss riding?.....................he's following rules put in place by powers to be

He is allowed to race, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean he has to. Or that Sky has to let him.

It makes no sense. It makes the sport look bad and it makes him look bad.
There is a high chance all those results will be deleted, he can't compete with this charge hanging over his head. He should recognise himself that he has to take this hit even if he sincerely considers himself innocent.

This is completely digusting to me.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
For those with (very) short memories

Michelle inserted herself into the conversation

How many times does she interrupt or contradict her husband in the Kimmage interview?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-chris-froome-in-the-eye-of-the-storm-part-2-30394950.html

PK: What about your ethics? You use the word ‘betrayal’ about Basso and I’m thinking ‘That’s exactly what I want to hear.’ But then I see you at Vinokourov’s retirement party and being photographed with him. So what happens to betrayal?

CF: Yeah, I mean going to Vinokourov’s thing . . . this guy is a big icon in cycling. He has a retirement party here (Monaco),and there’s going to be a lot of influential cycling people here . . .

PK: He’s a **** cheat.

CF: (Laughs) You said that.

MC: I don’t think Chris fully understood that (Vinokourov) had doped.

CF: No, I knew.

MC: Not fully.

PK: I want you to say it Chris. You say, ‘You said that’ but I want you to say it. As a cycling fan, I want you to say, ‘You know these **** cheats? I’m sick of them. They’ve ruined the sport. They’re ruining my life. This is the price I’m paying for these ****, so I’m not going to have anything whatsoever to do with them.’

CF: Yeah.

PK: I want you to say that.

CF: I’m not going to point the finger at Lance or Vinokourov or Basso or Bjarne.

PK: Why not?

CF: Because it’s not one person who **** it up for us. It’s a generation of cheats. I’m more pissed off with the governing body of cycling for allowing that to go on for so long. It was allowed to happen in the sport . . . well, I don’t want to say allowed but it did happen for so long, and I think that goes back to the UCI and it’s their mess that they didn’t sort this out sooner.

PK: That’s a fair point. But you’re not going to hold the riders to account for their part in that?

CF: No, no, the riders should be held to account for that.

PK: But you’re not going to do it?

CF: It’s not my job to do it.

Lmao, classic interview by a cheater (+ cuck).

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Alpe73 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Jesus effing Christ FMK.

That's the sound of an elastic band.

And no wonder ... Clinic bin goin all out these winta munths ... tryin git ouh man. Full court press by the Clinic (how many)! Back in d' day ... we'd had a big Mutha **** posse behind us. Wheh'd ya'all go!?! :)

Condescending BS from posters like yourself have chased everyone away.

All the Froome Fanbois here need to harden up. His wife is extremely outspoken publicly, mostly on her own twitter page. She is making herself free game for criticism.

Nice way of changing the topic from doping though and making Froome and his family into victims.

Re:

veganrob said:
So some people think it is just great that MC stands out front defending her man and even puts words in his mouth because he appears so naive. But she shoud be not open to any criticism fo that? Sorry, can't have it both ways. She is fair game.

oops didn't see your post Veganrob but we obviously agree. The fanbois always go down with the ship don't they? Even if Froome fessed up they'd still say he never doped.

Re:

veganrob said:
So some people think it is just great that MC stands out front defending her man and even puts words in his mouth because he appears so naive. But she shoud be not open to any criticism fo that? Sorry, can't have it both ways. She is fair game.

Open to criticism relevant to the doping debate...sure.

Open to scrutiny of her marriage....not for me.

chuuurles said:
brownbobby said:
Craigee said:
Look at what the selfish Lance Armstrong did to his kids. Drug cheats should think of the consequences for their families before they dope up.

Interesting point....

Straight question...in the final analysis, will Lances kids lives have been better or worse for the doping?

easy, worse.

Really...how so?

I disagree, but of course there isn't a right or wrong answer here....

TourOfSardinia said:
rick james said:
So Michelle Froome runs the show, her man is a multiple grand tour winner so she must be doing something right ....but the clinic knows best
rick you are part of the clinic.
you post here more than most!
Maybe, but I don’t post lies about people who I don’t know or haven’t met.. some folk obsession blinds them and makes them post some crazy bull *** stuff

brownbobby said:
chuuurles said:
brownbobby said:
Craigee said:
Look at what the selfish Lance Armstrong did to his kids. Drug cheats should think of the consequences for their families before they dope up.

Interesting point....

Straight question...in the final analysis, will Lances kids lives have been better or worse for the doping?

easy, worse.

Really...how so?

just my opinion, growing up with money does not mean happiness. Lance has talked about how hard it was for his kids and the constant therapy they have needed since his confessions +problems at school.

brownbobby said:
veganrob said:

Open to criticism relevant to the doping debate...sure.

Open to scrutiny of her marriage....not for me.
I’ve seen the clinic go after his son, a innocent boy getting called un human is the level to what we are dealing with here

chuuurles said:
brownbobby said:
chuuurles said:
brownbobby said:
Craigee said:

Interesting point....

easy, worse.

Really...how so?

just my opinion, growing up with money does not mean happiness. Lance has talked about how hard it was for his kids and the constant therapy they have needed since his confessions +problems at school.

Fair enough...you're right it doesn't. But wealth and fame can open doors to opportunities and experiences that would be closed to others. As I said, no right or wrong answer.

Not sure if id take too much notice of what Lance says about his kids in this instance though...a bit like Wiggins this week...Could be just another cynical attempt at salvaging a bit of public sympathy.

TRENDING THREADS