Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1181 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'll be very interested to see what Froome says about his performance in the ITT, i.e., if he was definitely limited from effects of the crash. I think he must have been. He's lucky there aren't any testing climbing stages any time soon, maybe he can heal while taking it easy in the flat stages. But if he's still hurting, a crosswind split in the peloton could end his contention really fast. At that point, he might want a decision in his case announced as soon as possible.
 
Jun 27, 2009
373
1
0
Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
benzwire said:
That could have easily been a collarbone fracture and out completely. He's lucky that wasn't worse. That had to hurt. Certainly not the best way to start out the Giro.
He'll snatch the cash and will pull out of the race during the 1st week ;)

That was my guess, that he'd stack it in the first week and pull out, though this cash, hmm, if a couple of older posts are true, Sky who seemed to forget Froome had a AAF against him when they signed off on the contract.. Surely there must be something about full disclosure in the contract, could that be considered a breach of contract by Sky..?
 
Re: Re:

S2Sturges said:
glassmoon said:
benzwire said:
That could have easily been a collarbone fracture and out completely. He's lucky that wasn't worse. That had to hurt. Certainly not the best way to start out the Giro.
He'll snatch the cash and will pull out of the race during the 1st week ;)

That was my guess, that he'd stack it in the first week and pull out, though this cash, hmm, if a couple of older posts are true, Sky who seemed to forget Froome had a AAF against him when they signed off on the contract.. Surely there must be something about full disclosure in the contract, could that be considered a breach of contract by Sky..?
You would have thought there would be such a clause but given they haven't invoked it I presume it means there isn't, which is very remiss of the giro organisation if so.
 
Mar 7, 2017
1,098
0
0
Re: Re:

benzwire said:
That could have easily been a collarbone fracture and out completely. He's lucky that wasn't worse. That had to hurt. Certainly not the best way to start out the Giro.
Totally agree (having done my collar bone twice stacking my TT bike :redface: )
 
Mar 7, 2017
1,098
0
0
Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
benzwire said:
That could have easily been a collarbone fracture and out completely. He's lucky that wasn't worse. That had to hurt. Certainly not the best way to start out the Giro.
He'll snatch the cash and will pull out of the race during the 1st week ;)
Vegni's most recent comments suggest that the $1.4m was negotiated by Brailsfraud and paid to Team Sky. That may be why Vegni has not been able to claw the $1.4m back - he paid the team and not a rider who was subsequently busted

Meanwhile Walsh said Brailsfraud is making the Dawg pay his own legal fees. And without the Giro $1.4m to hold him harmless - ouchy!

Btw Twitter saying the Dawg crashed twice on his recon today. Christ on a bike! But Brailsford's pincer movement gotta hurt more

So, if Brailsfraud has managed to pull that double blag (shafting Vegni and Froome at the same time) then all that really proves is that everyone involved in pro cycling is stupider than the guy stood next to him
 
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
 
Re:

spiritualride said:
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
consensus of the situation is grim on forums and twitter. the karma experts already saw yesterday crash as a payback for his and his team´s sins. and rejoiced, and hoped the crashes keep coming. I hope Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva won´t be too hard on him in the next few weeks. hare hare! krishna krishna!
the rules can´t prevent him from riding the giro
the decision on the ban would come before the tour
no idea what the Aso can do
 
Re:

spiritualride said:
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
1. Consensus of situation: outrageous
2. Because they can or rather can't stop him
3. Most probably no
4. Most think the decision will come before Tour.
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
spiritualride said:
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
consensus of the situation is grim on forums and twitter. the karma experts already saw yesterday crash as a payback for his and his team´s sins. and rejoiced, and hoped the crashes keep coming. I hope Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva won´t be too hard on him in the next few weeks. hare hare! krishna krishna!
the rules can´t prevent him from riding the giro
the decision on the ban would come before the tour
no idea what the Aso can do
The karma experts? Who are they?
They all rejoiced? Can you show their celebrations?
 
Re: Re:

veganrob said:
pastronef said:
spiritualride said:
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
consensus of the situation is grim on forums and twitter. the karma experts already saw yesterday crash as a payback for his and his team´s sins. and rejoiced, and hoped the crashes keep coming. I hope Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva won´t be too hard on him in the next few weeks. hare hare! krishna krishna!
the rules can´t prevent him from riding the giro
the decision on the ban would come before the tour
no idea what the Aso can do
The karma experts? Who are they?
They all rejoiced? Can you show their celebrations?
https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/992328686077665280
https://twitter.com/0rion55/status/992326503340888064
https://twitter.com/LaGrosseBoucle/status/992324917545795584
https://twitter.com/Sanssoussis/status/992323774946136064
https://twitter.com/RunawayComrade/status/992328763072491521
https://twitter.com/evilcycling/status/992347036342145024
https://twitter.com/fcuk81v4/status/992335456514859008
https://twitter.com/andrewcollins1/status/992339617272729600 WTF! :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/ScottyD53/status/992358937054740481
https://twitter.com/Ougaverde/status/992330906206687233
https://twitter.com/weirdfood/status/992354445567627264 :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/flammecast/status/992328595774361600

etc etc
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
veganrob said:
pastronef said:
spiritualride said:
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
consensus of the situation is grim on forums and twitter. the karma experts already saw yesterday crash as a payback for his and his team´s sins. and rejoiced, and hoped the crashes keep coming. I hope Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva won´t be too hard on him in the next few weeks. hare hare! krishna krishna!
the rules can´t prevent him from riding the giro
the decision on the ban would come before the tour
no idea what the Aso can do
The karma experts? Who are they?
They all rejoiced? Can you show their celebrations?
https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/992328686077665280
https://twitter.com/0rion55/status/992326503340888064
https://twitter.com/LaGrosseBoucle/status/992324917545795584
https://twitter.com/Sanssoussis/status/992323774946136064
https://twitter.com/RunawayComrade/status/992328763072491521
https://twitter.com/evilcycling/status/992347036342145024
https://twitter.com/fcuk81v4/status/992335456514859008
https://twitter.com/andrewcollins1/status/992339617272729600 WTF! :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/ScottyD53/status/992358937054740481
https://twitter.com/Ougaverde/status/992330906206687233
https://twitter.com/weirdfood/status/992354445567627264 :rolleyes:

etc etc
So there is none. You're just butt hurt.
 
Re: Re:

veganrob said:
pastronef said:
veganrob said:
pastronef said:
spiritualride said:
After ignoring the Froome saga mostly this year, I'm surprised to find out that he's entered the giro. What is the consensus of the situation? Why did the giro allow him? Is he likely to get away with the positive? Will he be allowed to enter the tdf if he hasn't yet been banned by July? Or will the race not allow him to participate regardless? Thanks to anyone who can give a simple overview of the situation.
consensus of the situation is grim on forums and twitter. the karma experts already saw yesterday crash as a payback for his and his team´s sins. and rejoiced, and hoped the crashes keep coming. I hope Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva won´t be too hard on him in the next few weeks. hare hare! krishna krishna!
the rules can´t prevent him from riding the giro
the decision on the ban would come before the tour
no idea what the Aso can do
The karma experts? Who are they?
They all rejoiced? Can you show their celebrations?
https://twitter.com/oufeh/status/992328686077665280
https://twitter.com/0rion55/status/992326503340888064
https://twitter.com/LaGrosseBoucle/status/992324917545795584
https://twitter.com/Sanssoussis/status/992323774946136064
https://twitter.com/RunawayComrade/status/992328763072491521
https://twitter.com/evilcycling/status/992347036342145024
https://twitter.com/fcuk81v4/status/992335456514859008
https://twitter.com/andrewcollins1/status/992339617272729600 WTF! :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/ScottyD53/status/992358937054740481
https://twitter.com/Ougaverde/status/992330906206687233
https://twitter.com/weirdfood/status/992354445567627264 :rolleyes:

etc etc
So there is none. You're just butt hurt.
I am what?
may Froome related tweets keep coming, it´s fun.
 
Re: Re:

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
je me demande si Sivtsov a enragé les dieux indiens recemment, lourd karma pour lui. (ah ok I a couru pour Sky il y a 3 ans...) chute et abandon avant le depart. M.A. Lopez est tombé aussi
French karma experts say: that Kanstantin Suitsou breaking his collarbone must be: because Indian deities were enraged by Suitsou having been on Team Sky three years ago. That part is kind of a reach, and they don't say at all what Superman Lopez may have done wrong, to receive karma in the ITT
the French part is a tweet I wrote to a French friend who said "karma". I joked I wanted to know why Lopez crashed too. he's a good colombian boy with no relation to Sky (unlike Sivtsov)

ps. also Jack Haig crashed in the TT
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
je me demande si Sivtsov a enragé les dieux indiens recemment, lourd karma pour lui. (ah ok I a couru pour Sky il y a 3 ans...) chute et abandon avant le depart. M.A. Lopez est tombé aussi
French karma experts say: that Kanstantin Suitsou breaking his collarbone must be: because Indian deities were enraged by Suitsou having been on Team Sky three years ago. That part is kind of a reach, and they don't say at all what Superman Lopez may have done wrong, to receive karma in the ITT
the French part is a tweet I wrote to a French friend who said "karma". I joked I wanted to know why Lopez crashed too. he's a good colombian boy with no relation to Sky (unlike Sivtsov)

ps. also Jack Haig crashed in the TT
Thats also Karma.
All of them made mistakes as little boys. Good boys ever since having not joined evil Sky.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Aug 14, 2010
128
0
8,680
Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
Apols if this has been posted before, don't recall seeing it:

http://www.theouterline.com/can-science-rescue-chris-froome/
Froome, the consummate gentleman and affable champion, reminded us that he uses salbutamol for management of asthma, according to UCI rules and permissible limits. He reported worsening asthma symptoms during La Vuelta, and under doctor’s supervision, increased his salbutamol dose with the “greatest care” to ensure that he did not exceed the UCI’s permissible dose.
As John McEnroe would say, you cannot be serious.
 
Re: Re:

fasthill said:
Wiggo's Package said:
Apols if this has been posted before, don't recall seeing it:

http://www.theouterline.com/can-science-rescue-chris-froome/
Froome, the consummate gentleman and affable champion, reminded us that he uses salbutamol for management of asthma, according to UCI rules and permissible limits. He reported worsening asthma symptoms during La Vuelta, and under doctor’s supervision, increased his salbutamol dose with the “greatest care” to ensure that he did not exceed the UCI’s permissible dose.
As John McEnroe would say, you cannot be serious.
Ah, the Outer Limits. No one expected that suddenly owning VeloSnooze would add any intelligence to their writing efforts.
 
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Wiggo's Package said:
It's going to be a long, long Giro if every single crash merits a post. And I presume speculation as to what drugs caused it...
They'll all be on tramadol and all other legal pain killers known to man kind, which could lead to crashes. It's been confirmed that Sky and British Cycling use tramadol on all their athletes.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS