• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1213 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
Alberto knows class when he sees it... :cool:

16h97b8.jpg
My source on the scene says there was lots of shouting for Berto. He went to chat with Tom D and photographers moved from Froome's interview to Berto and Tom :cool:

Re: Re:

thehog said:
deviant said:
Why would the winner go looking to shake hands with second place?...class, acknowledgment of a good battle, any number of reasons...typical of the European Neanderthal to refuse though, I'd expect nothing less from one of our Continental cousins.
Froome was brought up well with manners and good schooling, Dumoulin was probably brought up by the family dog.

“Tom, Tom, its Chris, remember me? From zig zagging, falling off now 6 time GT winner fame. Please shake my hand in front of the cameras, please, I need validation, please Tom” :cool:
:lol:

thehog said:
Libertine Seguros said:
aphronesis said:
I get all that. And the German hygienics are outliers. But I think your last paragraph hits the point: it’s not going to discontinue even if some fanbase is disgruntled. They can be remodeled.

It will all be better next time. Lots of clinic posters in that vein.
Well, the thing is, the hit won't be felt by the Tour which is where it needs to be hit most. ASO would just transfer some funds over and let one of their lesser races take the hit. Nobody's going to miss if the Tour of Oman goes down to 5 days or something. They've already let the Critérium International die and California's lost a day, so other events could be sacrificed. Any money some of the women's ones would go first. If Froome and/or Sky do fall and the current vogue for cycling in the UK takes a hit, they may pull the plug on Yorkshire or reduce it down, whereas at the moment the crowds make for some of the most positive coverage all year - but either way, I'm sure the Tour will be just fine.

Agreed, the corporate side of the Tour is huge. When CSC were in cycling we used to arrange huge corporate tours with all of their best clients. Many didn’t care much for cycling but the scenery, the food and all that goes with the race is a lot of fun for the participants. If Froome wins or loses the Tour there is an entire machinery that doesn’t really care.

So it’s a marginal UK hit at this point. And he’s fungible. But the sport purists have a point.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

deviant said:
Why would the winner go looking to shake hands with second place?...class, acknowledgment of a good battle, any number of reasons...typical of the European Neanderthal to refuse though, I'd expect nothing less from one of our Continental cousins.
Froome was brought up well with manners and good schooling, Dumoulin was probably brought up by the family dog.

At least he's not an ass like Froome.

thehog said:
deviant said:

“Tom, Tom, its Chris, remember me? From zig zagging, falling off now 6 time GT winner fame. Please shake my hand in front of the cameras, please, I need validation, please Tom” :cool:

I’m sure you’re right...all the GT wins mean zilch; all he ever wanted from this sport was a handshake and selfie with the best placed losers :D

El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

a 6 time grand tour winner ass thank you very much

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

a 6 time grand tour winner *** thank you very much

The only reason you support Froome is because he's from the same country as you.

His victories will all be taken away eventually anyway. It all means nothing. When all is said and done Froome will be a zero time GT winner and despised by everyone. He'll probably end up like Pantani, besides the being loved part that is.

El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

The only reason you support Froome is because he's from the same country as you.

His victories will all be taken away eventually anyway. It all means nothing. When all is said and done Froome will be a zero time GT winner and despised by everyone. He'll probably end up like Pantani, besides the being loved part that is.

You hope he ends up that way. I can't see it, he might lose 1 or 2 GTs but not all of them. Anyway dream on ;)

El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

Could all be true
yet he is making the money
and taking from the others
again and
again.
Could be grand theft bikeoh

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

bigcog said:
El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

You hope he ends up that way. I can't see it, he might lose 1 or 2 GTs but not all of them. Anyway dream on ;)

Or I know something you don't. ;)

Remember, I was once banned here for congratulating Nibali on his second Vuelta win before news of Froome's AAF broke out. :)

El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

In saying that, how many days has Froome spent in the UK in his entire life? He currently is a tax exile of Monoco :cool:

El Pistolero said:
bigcog said:
El Pistolero said:

Or I know something you don't. ;)

Remember, I was once banned here for congratulating Nibali on his second Vuelta win before news of Froome's AAF broke out. :)

Retrospective test results or something else or are you trolling ? ;)

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

macbindle said:
He has a British passport. His mother was British. He was brought up in a colonial British environment that has little to do with Britain. He's about as British as any South African with an Anglo surname.
Snakes, bunnies, schisto and all! That's as British as tea.

John Swanson

Re:

MartinGT said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dekker-the-problem-with-froome-and-team-sky-is-a-lack-of-transparency/

Ex pro’s. Bloggers. Youtubers. Fringe online journalists....are you struggling to stay relevant? Got a book to plug? Advertisers and sponsors demanding more hits?...Then why not give an interview, tweet or blog about Froome doping.
No proof or new things to say required, just liberally repeat the words Froome, doping, Sky, transparency and hipocrisy.

There’s an audience waiting to cheer and retweet’s your every word :cool:

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Funny reading the last few pages.

Earlier when someone pointed at a particular fact/event/statement damaging for team Froome then it was always; "it's more complicated than that, have to look at all the facts etc etc"

Now when Libertine performs such a detailed summary and deeply damning post it's;

"Too long to read"

#Havingitbothways eh???

El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
deviant said:

I'm Scottish, not Kenyan

Does anyone of regular thread posters admit the probability of froome really having genetic predisposition and will to be a great champion? Otherwise we are all just agreed that he is the biggest fraud in the history of the sport, an eternal joke and a rider whose physical cealing was zigzagging on the slopes of Santuario di San Luca. :D

brownbobby said:
MartinGT said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dekker-the-problem-with-froome-and-team-sky-is-a-lack-of-transparency/

Ex pro’s. Bloggers. Youtubers. Fringe online journalists....are you struggling to stay relevant? Got a book to plug? Advertisers and sponsors demanding more hits?...Then why not give an interview, tweet or blog about Froome doping.
No proof or new things to say required, just liberally repeat the words Froome, doping, Sky, transparency and hipocrisy.

There’s an audience waiting to cheer and retweet’s your every word :cool:

Is point is spot on though. They bang on about being transparency from the start and they're about as transparent as a brick wall.

A hell of a lot of the sh%T people are mad with could be cleared up in minutes of the released certain information. But they don't because they can't.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Doping in cycling (sports) is a game of cat and mouse.
Problem is that UCI/WADA is the mouse.

Question is when they got content with this, and started selling t-shirts instead.

Froome is the personalization of this.

TRENDING THREADS