Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2012
1,126
0
0
ahsoe said:
buckle said:
Cycling can't cope with another ban. Froome is the new normal. His failure to win SPOTY in the UK and public sneering at cycling as a sport in general is about as successful as anti-doping gets.

Depressing I know but if you want morality, join the Benedictines.
Cycling has coped relatively fine with bans since Festina. Cycling will survive another ban and be exciting again for some years until the next dominator appears.
No morality. Cycling is an extreme sport. Some doping is to be expected to a certain extend, but please take a minimum of care and tone it down a bit, not making it too obvious. That also excludes motors :)
As you rightly say, it's a question of surface plausibility. As entertainment however, WWE remains superior.
 
I'm watching cycling (every televised race) since 1983 when regular broadcast started in Spain, including TdF, and I witness I have never seen anything like this (maybe Landis show). I don't know what the future will tell about today's, but definitely THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I'm a cyclist myself and know about the sport, I'm always on the side of the rider, but when I witness things such as today... ah, I don't forget Puccio, De la Cruz, and Elissonde destroying the field as helll
 
Sep 15, 2016
230
0
0
Re: Re:

rick james said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
rick james said:
silvergrenade said:
WHAT.A.RIDE by Christopher Froome!
Enjoyed that one. Beauty :)
You realise that silvergrenade fully acknowledge that Froome is doping, right?
aren't they all?
Most probably almost all of them, yep, but you never made clear that you were thinking that about Froome, quite the opposite, actually. Also the "level playing field" excuse was already lame during Armstrong time.
silvergrenade said:
rick james said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
rick james said:
silvergrenade said:
WHAT.A.RIDE by Christopher Froome!
Enjoyed that one. Beauty :)
You realise that silvergrenade fully acknowledge that Froome is doping, right?
aren't they all?
I don't have much of a problem with you, you are fan of a different doper than i, but at least you don't delude yourself thinking that he is beating other dopers while riding clean. Fine by me, really :razz:
Where i disagree though, it's that i don't find that funny in any way, this is too obvious, "cyclisme à deux vitesses" i'm done with it, personally, not that anyone will care ofc :lol:
 
Jul 23, 2012
1,126
0
0
Koronin said:
ahsoe said:
buckle said:
Cycling can't cope with another ban. Froome is the new normal. His failure to win SPOTY in the UK and public sneering at cycling as a sport in general is about as successful as anti-doping gets.

Depressing I know but if you want morality, join the Benedictines.
Cycling has coped relatively fine with bans since Festina. Cycling will survive another ban and be exciting again for some years until the next dominator appears.
No morality. Cycling is an extreme sport. Some doping is to be expected to a certain extend, but please take a minimum of care and tone it down a bit, not making it too obvious. That also excludes motors :)

Oh they can survive another high profile ban. They'll have bigger problems if there isn't a ban. That would actually hurt worse.
One would like to think so but after today I don't know what to think?
 
Jul 23, 2012
1,126
0
0
TubularBills said:
#donewithprocycling

#donewithnfl

Another Landis.

I'll continue to watch the Spring Classics & Strade Bianchi.

The sport is dead.

I am mourning the death of the Grand Tours?
The dope fest tomorrow night in Kiev will be just as bad.
 
Sep 11, 2016
122
0
0
buckle said:
ahsoe said:
buckle said:
Cycling can't cope with another ban. Froome is the new normal. His failure to win SPOTY in the UK and public sneering at cycling as a sport in general is about as successful as anti-doping gets.

Depressing I know but if you want morality, join the Benedictines.
Cycling has coped relatively fine with bans since Festina. Cycling will survive another ban and be exciting again for some years until the next dominator appears.
No morality. Cycling is an extreme sport. Some doping is to be expected to a certain extend, but please take a minimum of care and tone it down a bit, not making it too obvious. That also excludes motors :)
As you rightly say, it's a question of surface plausibility. As entertainment however, WWE remains superior.
Yes. But part of the charm of cycling is the faint hope (previously assumption) that this is just highly trained and specialised athletes competing against each other - the best one winning at most on average.
Without this hope we are indeed approaching pure entertainment (sorry fans) similar to WWE, but then cycling would loose much appeal in my opinion.
 
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
https://twitter.com/LottoJumbo_road/status/1000105610489286662
"He did a Landis!"

Pretty funny how he didn't even know. In full:

Did he stay away?? Did Froome stay away????
***.
He did a Landis.
(Laughs maniacally)
Jesus.



George Bennett, speaking on behalf of planet Earth there.
 
Jul 23, 2012
1,126
0
0
Frankschleck said:
buckle said:
TubularBills said:
#donewithprocycling

#donewithnfl

Another Landis.

I'll continue to watch the Spring Classics & Strade Bianchi.

The sport is dead.

I am mourning the death of the Grand Tours?
The dope fest tomorrow night in Kiev will be just as bad.
nah doping does not give the same advantage in footbball.
Real Madrid are doing fine though:-

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/ewan-mackenna-murky-questions-surround-spanish-footballs-golden-era-and-people-might-not-like-the-answers-36943284.html
 
Personally I admire the chutzpah. "You all think I'm doping right/ With my Salbutamol? Well stick this in your pipe and smoke it. Rather be hanged for a sheep than a lamb". Even if he was on thermonuclearepohghpeptidebollockjuice, to say "Right, catch me if you can" from 88km is pretty ballsy.
And long term clinic visitors will know that I hate SKY and have had little time for Froome.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS