Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1360 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You are getting this the wrong way around. It's not the defence that has to stand up to scrutiny, it's the prosecution. And it fell well short.
Not in my view. If you get caught with that much dope in your system, you need to prove innocence somehow. That's how anti-doping procedure used to work. One actually needs to ask, if he got off with that much Salbutamol, what exactly is the point of the system?

This isn't criminal justice with a man's freedom on the line. If it were your point would be valid. However, it's not. This is about ensuring fairness in sport. They clearly failed.

And if I recall correctly they stated Contador might not have known it was contaminated but in charge of what enters his system.
Exactly. The onus is on the athlete. Except in this case. Odd.

Reactions: Grrr
Not in my view. If you get caught with that much dope in your system, you need to prove innocence somehow. That's how anti-doping procedure used to work. One actually needs to ask, if he got off with that much Salbutamol, what exactly is the point of the system?

This isn't criminal justice with a man's freedom on the line. If it were your point would be valid. However, it's not. This is about ensuring fairness in sport. They clearly failed.

Exactly. The onus is on the athlete. Except in this case. Odd.
You are correct that is not beyond a reasonable doubt and much more in line with the balance of probabilities. I think it very likely that cost mitigation was a big part of why Froome avoided an extra holiday.

Back in hospital, for a bionic hand. The excuse this time? "Stupidly cut my thumb with a kitchen knife and had to have surgery to put the tendon back together last night. Stuck giving a thumbs up… " Yeah, right, we believe you Chris. That's not even his thumb in the photo, is it?
Well,can you have additional pedaling machinery for your hands? Just asking... they may find a marginal loophole in UCI rules and get a TUE for it as a medically prescribed rehab device.

Froome announced last week that he would be at the Satsuma Criterium. I would challenge the CN headline saying he'd like to compete again this year, they're bloody exhibition races, no competition.

Funny thing, how the criterium season is evolving. Hein Verbruggen tolled its death knell when he moved the Vuelta and tried to fill in the gaps in the August calendar with races, now ASO are taking over and moving it to the real end of the season and not just the end of the Tour.

ASK THE COMMUNITY