• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 150 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 23, 2010
Visit site
darwin553 said:
There are plenty of examples in world sport where the initial, mediocre sportsperson have been able to rise to the top based on hard work and structured training programs.

Olga Yegorova
Ben Johnson
Claudio Chiappucci

Heaps and heaps and heaps.

Listen if you are going to make the argument that a precedent has been set for this in the past. You might want to learn about the past because a quick look could be quite enlightening for you. You may actually learn what that precedent suggests is happening now.

Hint. The opposite of what you just said.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
shakey88 said:
Dear oh dear you guys really should go out and ride your bikes more,try and get rid of all that bitterness that's eating you up inside.
After all,you don't actually know anything,it's all suspicion and supposition.
If anyone from sky get's caught for doping then fair play,jump all over them.I'll be there with you.But until then all this endless,hate filled rhetoric seems a bit pointless to me.Save your energy for riding your bikes,enjoy the scenery and don't take things so seriously!
That's my ten bobs worth:D

It's so cold where I live if any of your Sky riders went outside they'd instantly freeze that is how skinny and abnormal they are. Well EBH would be fine, but the Anglo Saxons...not a chance.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
GreasyMonkey said:
The Dawg still has to negotiate Col de Manse descent into Gap at the end of stage 16, amongst others - Maybe they will have a nice cool wet day for that.....

I might watch that stage then. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone in Europe wanna do a rain dance at the stage for us? :p

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
rata de sentina said:
So you make a broad sweeping generalisation, someone calls you on it and that's the best you can do?

Ok I'll give you one just to keep you all happy, well no I'll give you a hint. It is right in front of you. ;)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Just listened to Michael Creed go on and on about how all of this is because Sky had a month long training camp where they motorpaced up climbs, and that nobody in the history of cycling has ever trained as hard as Sky.

My question isn't about how hard they trained, it's about how they are able to recover from it better than everyone else...

May 26, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Bingo. I'll fedex your prize.

Hey Darwin, Not to be terribly rude, but it would help if you actually tried to learn about cyclings history.

Hint: Check Cadels teams and their history.
Hint2. Check the managers Cadel has.

In other words: your claiming that Cadel is clean shows that your judgment of cycling is pathetically naive and more than likely wrong.

(and if you want to make the case that Cadel's progression is anything as Froom's... well...suffice to say nobody here takes you serious if you try that insane posture here)

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Franklin said:
Hey Darwin, Not to be terribly rude, but it would help if you actually tried to learn about cyclings history.

Hint: Check Cadels teams and their history.
Hint2. Check the managers Cadel has.

In other words: your claiming that Cadel is clean shows that your judgment of cycling is pathetically naive and more than likely wrong.

(and if you want to make the cas http://www.cricket365.com/basket/7187/story/8810719/England-call-up-Onions-Compton-exit that Cadel's progression is anything as Froom's... well...suffice to say nobody here takes you serious if you try that insane posture here)

Wait? So Cadel is implicated because of the manager's connection to LA? Clutching at straws I'm afraid but then again nothing like a good conspiracy theory, especially around here ;)

May 26, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Wait? So Cadel is implicated because of the manager's connection to LA? Clutching at straws I'm afraid but then again nothing like a good conspiracy theory, especially around here ;)

Fantastic retort. I am truly amazed you managed to miss the managers connections (note the plural of both managers and connections) and come up with the LEAST damning fact. Thats like the biggest blinkers that are possible.

Nothing wrong with BMC :D

And thank you for showing your sheer and utter lack of depth. Enjoy the Spectacle. I also advice you to watch WWF, though that might be a bit scary as those guys really hit hard.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Franklin said:
Fantastic retort. I am truly amazed you managed to miss the managers connections (note the plural of both managers and connections) and come up with the LEAST damning fact. Thats like the biggest blinkers that are possible.

Nothing wrong with BMC :D

And thank you for showing your sheer and utter lack of depth. Enjoy the Spectacle. I also advice you to watch WWF, though that might be a bit scary as those guys really hit hard.

It is a shame that LA destroyed your faith in cycling then? :(

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I simply love it that you don't understand Cadel has worse managerial choices than a tenuous link with LA> You really don't know much about cycling, now do you? ;)

darwin553 said:
It is a shame that LA destroyed your faith in cycling then? :(

Nope, I actually follow cycling a few decennia. But the 2000's were bad. Not just LA, but certain team from Andy Rihs was also important. ;)

Oh.... wait... isn't Andy stil involved with a certain cycling team? :D

TRENDING THREADS