Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2010
1,826
0
0
Avoriaz said:
Maybe not "why" he has to bridge a gap, but whether he "can" bridge a gap. I first noticed this in the Tour de France this year (didn't pay much attention in the Vuelta last year). I wonder if this is what has perhaps helped him improve so much - i.e. previously he rode on a whim, if he felt good or if he didn't feel good. But now, having tracked and monitored his numbers, he knows what he can do (but can't be trusted to do it instinctively), but if he follows the numbers.

Just a thought
Yes! That is it! Froome was always capable of these beautiful, amazing results, it's just that now he's riding more conservatively - and reaping the benefits.
 
Tyler'sTwin said:
Yes! That is it! Froome was always capable of these beautiful, amazing results, it's just that now he's riding more conservatively - and reaping the benefits.
Yes when he was falling 10 minutes off the back at Romandie to all of a sudden smashing it a few weeks later.

That conservative riding sure helps.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,320
0
0
You gotta feel kinda sorry for the guy, he is a robot after all. DS poking on the joystick and Froomey is of. Sky has a new concept of that PCM game! In real time!
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
Cycle Chic said:
I wana know what he is doing with his head while riding ? he looks down every 3 seconds towards his pedals - what IS he doing ?????

seriously anyone know why he does that ?
:eek:

This is awesome. I'm writing up one final Sky post and this is very relevant.

Is it something he did at the Tour? Anyone know? Or is it new for the Vuelta?
ETA: I never saw this behaviour at the tour.
 
Sep 18, 2010
375
0
0
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
AC, a convicted doper is hailed & welcomed back, while Froome already gets the hate for almost nothing. He has yet to be linked to doping other than suspicious performance jumps.
Surely that's "effin' suspicious performance jumps"?

For me, a large part of my anti-Froomery is based on the feeling that, if cycling was 100% clean, Contador would be a GC contender and Froome would be a domestique who, every August, would be worrying about whether he'd be given a pro-tour contract for the following year.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Froome is clean. And maybe, some day, we'll find out why Sky failed to understand how good he was until he finished 2nd in last year's Vuelta.
 
the big ring said:
:eek:

This is awesome. I'm writing up one final Sky post and this is very relevant.

Is it something he did at the Tour? Anyone know? Or is it new for the Vuelta?
ETA: I never saw this behaviour at the tour.
Yes he did it at the Tour. Cant believe no-one else saw this - he even does it out of the saddle - saw it in the vuelta day before yesterday.

Do riders really need to look at their power meters SO often ? he does it every 2 or 3 seconds.
 
Apr 8, 2010
329
0
0
Cycle Chic said:
Yes he did it at the Tour. Cant believe no-one else saw this - he even does it out of the saddle - saw it in the vuelta day before yesterday.

Do riders really need to look at their power meters SO often ? he does it every 2 or 3 seconds.
I saw him do it in the Tour - in the TT?
I'm not a cyclist, so this may be hogwash, but it looks to me that he finds cycling with his head up tiring (strain on neck/back muscles?), and that what he is doing is lifting his head to see where he's going, not dropping it to read a power meter or whatever.
 
Square-pedaller said:
I saw him do it in the Tour - in the TT?
I'm not a cyclist, so this may be hogwash, but it looks to me that he finds cycling with his head up tiring (strain on neck/back muscles?), and that what he is doing is lifting his head to see where he's going, not dropping it to read a power meter or whatever.
yep could be....it cant be the power meter checking because he would only have to glance down, (a la Contador)...not move his entire head...neck stretch could be it. Maybe someone should tweet him and ask.
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
SafeBet said:
I don't believe this guy.
Tour de France contenders are not supposed to be here. And if they are, they should look mediocre as VdB.
No way man. There's <insert clean rider of choice's name> with that front group, so it's definitely plausible that Froome is doing it clean.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,529
1
0
SafeBet said:
I don't believe this guy.
Tour de France contenders are not supposed to be here. And if they are, they should look mediocre as VdB.
How about Roche (BTW, a guy i really like)? Or Monfort?

VDB basically said he enjoyed life a little in between.
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
Havetts said:
Holy **** this thread is going to explode :D.

P.S. This guy is at Riis levels of ridiculous.
No way man. If Science in Sport come out and say the VAM was "believable" then he's clean. And if the SiS guys say it looks suspect, acoggan or someone similar will come out and say their formulae doesn't apply or that they a55 u me the wrong things.

Clean dude.

So clean.

So jaded.
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
the big ring said:
no way man. There's <insert clean rider of choice's name> with that front group, so it's definitely plausible that froome is doing it clean.
foxxybrown1111 said:
how about roche (btw, a guy i really like)? Or monfort?

Vdb basically said he enjoyed life a little in between.
--==*** boom ***==--
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,320
0
0
the big ring said:
No way man. If Science in Sport come out and say the VAM was "believable" then he's clean. And if the SiS guys say it looks suspect, acoggan or someone similar will come out and say their formulae doesn't apply or that they a55 u me the wrong things.

Clean dude.

So clean.

So jaded.
You just seem to forget AC has a lack of race days!

Hater!

Chris Rock
 
Avoriaz said:
Maybe not "why" he has to bridge a gap, but whether he "can" bridge a gap. I first noticed this in the Tour de France this year (didn't pay much attention in the Vuelta last year). I wonder if this is what has perhaps helped him improve so much - i.e. previously he rode on a whim, if he felt good or if he didn't feel good. But now, having tracked and monitored his numbers, he knows what he can do (but can't be trusted to do it instinctively), but if he follows the numbers.

Just a thought
I find it really weird. I mean, even I can feel when I'm going too fast or not, especially uphill, just by the effort. It's bull**** to have to look on your power meter. As if you can't feel your own legs or lungs or body. That's actually suspicious, now I come to think of it.
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
You just seem to forget AC has a lack of race days!

Hater!

Chris Rock


Lack of race days is a marginal gain only available to Sky.

Everyone else must race to be race fit.
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
Arnout said:
I find it really weird. I mean, even I can feel when I'm going too fast or not, especially uphill, just by the effort. It's bull**** to have to look on your power meter. As if you can't feel your own legs or lungs or body. That's actually suspicious, now I come to think of it.
I was angling to the conspiracy theory myself, but if he did it at the Tour, it weakens the idea. I am still going to run with it though ;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS