Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 21, 2011
248
0
0
thehog said:
So why didn't the guy who came 10th or 8th or 7th improve as much?

Looking at Froome in the 2009 Giro and watching him zig zag up hills its hard to believe that he become a Contador-esque climber.

Yes thats him at right angles behind Gerrans.



Full video at 7:27: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEGpv0xn0E8

You're taking that video WAY out of context. You look at one point and call it proof? Hmm. Watch the full video, watch how Froome goes after the first attacker, does a lot of work on his own on the front and then hits the wall when Gerrans, who has been sitting in the break, attacks. It's exactly what Froome said he needed to work on, being over excited and putting too much work in before the real stuff...
 
Euskaltel! said:
You're taking that video WAY out of context. You look at one point and call it proof? Hmm. Watch the full video, watch how Froome goes after the first attacker, does a lot of work on his own on the front and then hits the wall when Gerrans, who has been sitting in the break, attacks. It's exactly what Froome said he needed to work on, being over excited and putting too much work in before the real stuff...
What? 1.5km from the finish line is not real stuff?

Seeing that Froome is the next great Tour champion surely he coiuld beat or come close to Gerrans a lowly one day rider.

Maybe Froome should have ridden with one hand on the handle bar? He goes faster when he does that.
 
Froome's error on San Luca was trying to read the race, think tactically and ride like a normal cyclist.

Barloworld hadn't unlocked the power of staring at your power meter and ignoring everything else around you, which enables you to ride so fast nobody else can do anything but fall behind.
 
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
the sceptic said:
Youre right. Froome has always been the most talented of the two :rolleyes:
Obviously not, and Froome is a complete joke, but keep in mind that Contador probably started doping extremely early in his carreer, we have no idea how much talent Contador really has.
 
Lanark said:
Obviously not, and Froome is a complete joke, but keep in mind that Contador probably started doping extremely early in his carreer, we have no idea how much talent Contador really has.
6.5 W/KG for 10 minutes at the age of 21 according to Inigo San Millan.
Only rider who did his test to reach 6.5 W/KG.
Don't know whether he was doped for the test though.:eek:
 
As far as Contador doping young, wasnt it in the op thing that Contador and Lulu were being given a bit of time without dope at a young age to mature ?

The sheet which said - nothing for lulu and then - same as lulu for Contador or some such. Didnt some people interpret it that way?
 
thehog said:
What? 1.5km from the finish line is not real stuff?

Seeing that Froome is the next great Tour champion surely he coiuld beat or come close to Gerrans a lowly one day rider.

Maybe Froome should have ridden with one hand on the handle bar? He goes faster when he does that.
I don't get why you keep arguing about this. The bolded part is a joke! So what, a GT-rider should always beat any other rider as soon the roads go uphill? Come on man, that a new low, even for you.

thehog said:
When you see Contador bonk he still looks good on a bike. Dope or no dope Contador is a talented cyclist. Whereas Froome as identified in this video looks terrible.
And what is that supposed to say?! That he never has totally bonked. And why could that be? :rolleyes: Because massive amount of EPO, blood doping and other substances makes it almost impossible to do to so.

thehog said:
No way you could look at him and think one day he'll be a master climber. It's not so much that he can't hold Gerrans wheel it's just he looks terrible on a bike and looks to be a very poor climber.
This is just pure BS. So you can see who is going to be a great climber and who has no chance?! Wow.That's really cool man.

Thought I agree that his trajectory is indeed not normal and raises a lot of question. I am as suspicious about him as against others.
 
Walkman said:
You are not very objective in the matter either.
Actually I am

The Hitch said:
As far as Contador doping young, wasnt it in the op thing that Contador and Lulu were being given a bit of time without dope at a young age to mature ?

The sheet which said - nothing for lulu and then - same as lulu for Contador or some such. Didnt some people interpret it that way?
That's what I mean
 
Walkman said:
I don't get why you keep arguing about this. The bolded part is a joke! So what, a GT-rider should always beat any other rider as soon the roads go uphill? Come on man, that a new low, even for you.



And what is that supposed to say?! That he never has totally bonked. And why could that be? :rolleyes: Because massive amount of EPO, blood doping and other substances makes it almost impossible to do to so.



This is just pure BS. So you can see who is going to be a great climber and who has no chance?! Wow.That's really cool man.

Thought I agree that his trajectory is indeed not normal and raises a lot of question. I am as suspicious about him as against others.
Wasnt the last person whos cleanliness you vouched for Frank schleck?

And yes, it is suspicious to see someone who a few years later upon joining a team where everyone mysteriously improvers is 1 of the 2 best gt riders in the world, struggle to at 23 even get up a hill.

You know why? Because once in a generation talents generally do not struggle up hills. Even if they have 7kg extra weight on a hangover and off form, should still not stuggle up hills. Because at their best they are so much better than everyone else that even with those factors thrown in they should still be pretty good.

And the thing is, the example shown was not even Froomes worst performance. It was 1 of his better performances :eek:
 
The Hitch said:
Wasnt the last person whos cleanliness you vouched for Frank schleck?
I never vouched for Fränk schleck, you know that. Go back and check my posts if you liked. If my memory serves me correct I said something about he would have the benefit of the doubt which not everyone has. Clearly, he no longer has that benefit as he is a convicted doper.

If it was up to me, no doper would be welcome back to the sport unless they would do what Rasmussen and Kohl did. Full confession with names of doctors, teammates and other people who assisted in their doping. Tell everything regarding methods they used and how they manage to avoid detection.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS