Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
will10 said:
"The way I see it, my goal is to be in my best condition for the Tour de France. I think I'm still a long way from that.

"Everything I do now is still building towards the Tour. If I can pick up a few results like here and in Oman, that's fantastic; it gives me a lot of confidence. But I'm not racing for the results right now. There are still some months before I really need to be in my optimum shape."

5.93w/kg. But plenty more to come.
i would like to see mastersracer take on that :rolleyes:


human limit right?
 
SafeBet said:
Vincenzo Nibali ‏@VincenzoNibali

@Laura_Meseguer dato che vogliamo un ciclismo spettacolare!! Forse bisognerebbe togliere I misuratori di potenza in gara

Since we want spectacular cycling maybe we should get rid of powermeters during races.
it looks like nibali has noticed froomedwag looks at his power meter every 2 seconds
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
Parrulo said:
it looks like nibali has noticed froomedwag looks at his power meter every 2 seconds
Gotta be careful not to get over the human limit obviously. Like Porte slowing down in the last half to get below 5.9w/kg today
 
Feb 15, 2013
176
0
0
the sceptic said:
Originally Posted by SafeBet
Vincenzo Nibali ‏@VincenzoNibali

@Laura_Meseguer dato che vogliamo un ciclismo spettacolare!! Forse bisognerebbe togliere I misuratori di potenza in gara

Since we want spectacular cycling maybe we should get rid of powermeters during races.
Just comes across as sour grapes, I'm afraid. Waah waah waah Sky are too good, we have to do something to slow them down.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
I'm guessing that Froome's margin of victory in July will be by a time gap last seen in 1999-2003 TdF's and it will be over a team mate.

It's pretty funny, for a guy that was about to get cut by Sky to this in less than 2 years is an awesome turnaround.
 
jamesmasters said:
Just comes across as sour grapes, I'm afraid. Waah waah waah Sky are too good, we have to do something to slow them down.
it's not sour grapes, plenty of people think power meters need to be banned from races so riders ride on instinct and not numbers

but it seems like regarding nibali for the sky fan boys it's always "sour grapes"
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
SeriousSam said:
What hypocrisy? Last I checked, there's a thread about Contador's doping in this very subforum. Haven't seen people insist he's clean while accusing Froome of doping either.
But I'm sure it all makes sense in your mind, lol.
McLovin' is right in point of fact. The post can be treated not quite correctly by the clinic regulars for obvious reasons. But condidering what is happening in RR section, it is the case.
 
Parrulo said:
i would like to see mastersracer take on that :rolleyes:
Dont feed the troll.

McLovin said:
Did not said that, again. It is tough to read and focus what you are reading, it seems.
You did not say people were being hypocrites because they attack froome and defend Contador (though of course you made that last bit up)

What did you intend to say then when you wrote that?
 
BYOP88 said:
I'm guessing that Froome's margin of victory in July will be by a time gap last seen in 1999-2003 TdF's and it will be over a team mate.

It's pretty funny, for a guy that was about to get cut by Sky to this in less than 2 years is an awesome turnaround.
BYOP well said! Berto doesn't stand a chance.
 

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
4,903
0
0
Parrulo said:
]it's not sour grapes, plenty of people think power meters need to be banned[/B] from races so riders ride on instinct and not numbers

but it seems like regarding nibali for the sky fan boys it's always "sour grapes"
THen get rid of race radios too.
 
martinvickers said:
THen get rid of race radios too.
obviously, both race radios and power meters should be gone.

a one way rider to organization radio to use in emergency situations like the ruben plaza one should be all that is allowed.

and a rider should be able to judge his effort, in fact being able to judge one's effort used to be one of the biggest qualities a rider could have but this days it's gone. . .
 
Feb 15, 2013
176
0
0
Parrulo said:
it's not sour grapes, plenty of people think power meters need to be banned from races so riders ride on instinct and not numbers

but it seems like regarding nibali for the sky fan boys it's always "sour grapes"
I'm not a Sky fanboy. I didn't actually think there was a lot of evidence against them but I will admit the strength in depth they are showing is starting to look very odd (the climbing of the domestiques/ Porte now seeming to rival Wiggins and Cancellara in TT ability).

However, there is a big double standard on this forum. Contador despite having actually served a drug ban gets an undeserved amount of love whereas Sky, who may be on something but have no real proof against them at all, get absolutely hammered with drug accusations.

As for Nibali's comment - it was the wrong time to make it, having just been beaten by a Sky rider.
 
jamesmasters said:
I'm not a Sky fanboy. I didn't actually think there was a lot of evidence against them but I will admit the strength in depth they are showing is starting to look very odd (the climbing of the domestiques/ Porte now seeming to rival Wiggins and Cancellara in TT ability).

However, there is a big double standard on this forum. Contador despite having actually served a drug ban gets an undeserved amount of love whereas Sky, who may be on something but have no real proof against them at all, get absolutely hammered with drug accusations.

As for Nibali's comment - it was the wrong time to make it, having just been beaten by a Sky rider.
It's Skybot not Sky fanboy.

And Nibs didn't get beaten by a Sky rider. He got beaten by all the Sky riders.

An entire team beat the peloton.

Truth be known. He doesn't really mean power meters. He means drugs.

Drugs and power meters. Bad combination.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
jamesmasters said:
I'm not a Sky fanboy. I didn't actually think there was a lot of evidence against them but I will admit the strength in depth they are showing is starting to look very odd (the climbing of the domestiques/ Porte now seeming to rival Wiggins and Cancellara in TT ability).

However, there is a big double standard on this forum. Contador despite having actually served a drug ban gets an undeserved amount of love whereas Sky, who may be on something but have no real proof against them at all, get absolutely hammered with drug accusations.

As for Nibali's comment - it was the wrong time to make it, having just been beaten by a Sky rider.
Where in the clinic does Contador get a lot of love. He got done for doping. It has been proved he doped. There are various threads in here on Bertie.
 
Parrulo said:
obviously, both race radios and power meters should be gone.

a one way rider to organization radio to use in emergency situations like the ruben plaza one should be all that is allowed.

and a rider should be able to judge his effort, in fact being able to judge one's effort used to be one of the biggest qualities a rider could have but this days it's gone. . .
its turning into a outdoor track race with guys standing everywhere with stop watches telling riders to go slower or faster. Monotonous and dull.
 
Feb 15, 2013
176
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Where in the clinic does Contador get a lot of love. He got done for doping. It has been proved he doped. There are various threads in here on Bertie.
I was thinking more in the 'professional road racing' forum - it's difficult to imagine eg Armstrong getting the love that Contador does in there. But let's face it, he is someone who got busted for doping, has come back from a ban, and - completely unsurprisingly - is worse than he was before. Expect him to take more risks for the Tour in order to be competitive and possibly test positive again, depending on how robust the blood passport system is (probably not very).

In the case of Sky I don't think the doping has been proved to the same level of certainty, although yes of course it is suspicious to see their doms dropping everyone on the climbs and posting TT times like Indurain.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,735
0
0
Dear Wiggo said:
If Froome was riding at his limit
1. he would not have been able to attack
2. he would have crossed the line like they do when they're clearly at the end of their rope

clearly neither of these is true.

Froome was riding within himself at 5.9W/kg. No problemo. And had plenty of energy at the finish line for celebrations.
Do you understand 'threshold', 'limit' and 'average'?

I think you almost certainly do, but it doesn't help your argument, so you hope noone else notices? Or more likely, cares?

:rolleyes:

Just in case you don't ;) I imagine Froome's last km was > 5.9W/kg, but then he would have been riding at his limit - probably more like 7/8/9 W/kg for a few minutes burst, and was probably just under threshold for the rest of the climb as he was being drafted by Uran and Henao (who would have been at their threshold) so over the whole climb he averages threshold.

Complex stuff huh - threshold, 5 minute power, drafting, basic mathematics - it's easier just to post drivel.

Personally, it's all looking increasingly dodgy, but it would be good to see arguments based on logic, data and knowledge of cycling that acknowledge there is an element of rational plausibility to individual performances, however modest, rather than ideological or emotional certainty.
 
Sep 3, 2012
638
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
its turning into a outdoor track race with guys standing everywhere with stop watches telling riders to go slower or faster. Monotonous and dull.
Surely at some point a Sky rider will get caught up in the moment and smash a stage like never before and blowing a power meter up. When that happens there will be no hiding place. If Froome don't stick to the script...
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Winterfold said:
Do you understand 'threshold', 'limit' and 'average'?

I think you almost certainly do, but it doesn't help your argument, so you hope noone else notices? Or more likely, cares?

:rolleyes:

Just in case you don't ;) I imagine Froome's last km was > 5.9W/kg, but then he would have been riding at his limit - probably more like 7/8/9 W/kg for a few minutes burst, and was probably just under threshold for the rest of the climb as he was being drafted by Uran and Henao (who would have been at their threshold) so over the whole climb he averages threshold.

Complex stuff huh - threshold, 5 minute power, drafting, basic mathematics - it's easier just to post drivel.

Personally, it's all looking increasingly dodgy, but it would be good to see arguments based on logic, data and knowledge of cycling that acknowledge there is an element of rational plausibility to individual performances, however modest, rather than ideological or emotional certainty.
This forum really needs a 'Thank you/Like' post option.
 
jamesmasters said:
I was thinking more in the 'professional road racing' forum - it's difficult to imagine eg Armstrong getting the love that Contador does in there. But let's face it, he is someone who got busted for doping, has come back from a ban, and - completely unsurprisingly - is worse than he was before. Expect him to take more risks for the Tour in order to be competitive and possibly test positive again, depending on how robust the blood passport system is (probably not very).

In the case of Sky I don't think the doping has been proved to the same level of certainty, although yes of course it is suspicious to see their doms dropping everyone on the climbs and posting TT times like Indurain.
People are allowed to like who they want. I dont mind most of the Sky riders either.

If Contadors opponents were believable talents rather than franks brother and the 2 most ridiculously transformed riders in human history a lot less people would probably cheer for him.

Doesnt help either that up until about 5 months ago the people most eager to spit on Contador for being a doper , were fans of Lance armstrong and that Armstrong was made out by the world media as having been the representative of clean honest cycling, in that rivalry.
 
jamesmasters said:
I'm not a Sky fanboy. I didn't actually think there was a lot of evidence against them but I will admit the strength in depth they are showing is starting to look very odd (the climbing of the domestiques/ Porte now seeming to rival Wiggins and Cancellara in TT ability).

However, there is a big double standard on this forum. Contador despite having actually served a drug ban gets an undeserved amount of love whereas Sky, who may be on something but have no real proof against them at all, get absolutely hammered with drug accusations.

As for Nibali's comment - it was the wrong time to make it, having just been beaten by a Sky rider.
I'm not a Sky fan boy...but..
 
Feb 15, 2013
176
0
0
The Hitch said:
and the 2 most ridiculously transformed riders in human history
Oh come on, I'm quite new to the forum and I'm sure you've had this argument a million times before with other people but Wiggins did not come out of nowhere. A rider who has done nothing in road racing in his early to mid 20s because he is mediocre, is very clearly not the same thing as a rider who has done nothing in road racing because he has been busy winning multiple Olympic golds.

As above I'm not saying Sky are definitely clean but it is a little more nuanced than people on here making out.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS