• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 324 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Is Michelle a DS or something in the cycling world where her opinion should be so esteemed?

Someone is loving the spotlight coming off her fellow's success.

JimmyFingers said:
I don't know. Picking apart soundbites quoted in newspapers and extrapolating meaning and agenda and subtext is tedious in extremis, and an exercise in conjecture. I have no idea what is in Brad's head, I'm not sure he does. He does very much shoot from the hip in interviews generally, I doubt he was thinking too deeply about what he was saying.

We both know what the motivation is for this post. Any chance to make wiggins look like he doesn't know what he is talking about in order to get the upper hand in the legitimate discussions about some of the things wiggins said in the past that make him look like a huge liar and fraud. Sort of like the - too ill to stand trial, defence in law.

Sorry but when he fanboyed Lance for all those years, attacked "his detractors" and said Landis was making up the stories about Lance, there was no "extrapolation" to it. He said those things explicitly, he knew what he was saying and everyone in the world understood what he meant.

Also when he said that all TDF winners (apart from himself) deserve to be treated with scepticism, when he said he doesn't trust any team which hires a dodgy doctor, when he said performances are indicative of doping, when he said no one can beat him without doping, all those things were very clear also. No confusion about them.

Nice try though ;)

Don't know if it's come up here before but I have never seen this comment until now.

Brailsford said:
We also look at the history of the guy, his progression over a number of years. All the best riders, the clean ones, you see a steady progression]

It's issoisso (imo was the greatest poster on the forum here till he stopped posting) signature on pcm forums.

pretty incredible comment there.

Apparently it's from a "book"( fan piece) that was released 2 months before Chris froomes vuelta 2011 transformation. It makes me doubt dbs recent comments that he always saw the potential in froome, and pretty much confirms that the decision to only show grappe data from vuelta 2011 onwards was a Pr move.

The Hitch said:
Don't know if it's come up here before but I have never seen this comment until now.

It's issoisso (imo was the greatest poster on the forum here till he stopped posting) signature on pcm forums.

pretty incredible comment there.

Apparently it's from a "book"( fan piece) that was released 2 months before Chris froomes vuelta 2011 transformation. It makes me doubt dbs recent comments that he always saw the potential in froome, and pretty much confirms that the decision to only show grappe data from vuelta 2011 onwards was a Pr move.

Did Brailsford really say that?:eek:
So he's basically saying Froome will test positive:D

Here's some more context.

nIhyj.jpg

E92yW.jpg

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I must confess that I got a real kick out of Wiggins' observations on Christian Vande Velde, who he just "knew" was clean and on mere bread and water. Imagine his surprise when CVV confessed in 2012 to blood doping during his career. You read this kind of stuff and it just becomes really difficult to believe anything these guys say. Sad really, but what the heck, men have been lying since they first learned to walk upright. No creature on earth does it better and with less remorse.:(

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
issoisso (The poster who i got it from) has also added, for Brailsfords benefit, a career progression of Chris Froome

but foxxy says this is completely normal for clean riders.

I wonder what he will do at the worlds. Alien, sideways climbing or something in between? Too bad Hog isnt here to make the prediction.

the sceptic said:
but foxxy says this is completely normal for clean riders.

I wonder what he will do at the worlds. Alien, sideways climbing or something in between? Too bad Hog isnt here to make the prediction.

Id say thank god hog isnt here to make stupid predictions Froome can't possibly live up to and then no matter how Froome performs a week on sunday the sky fans will say it wasn't that suspicious afterall.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Gerry McCulloch@gerrymcculloch115 Sep

See my exclusive interview with Sir Bradley Wiggins on Sky Sports News tomorrow. Says it's not his place to clear the air with Froome

Michelle Cound@michellecound15 Sep

considering how he treated Chris it is actually, but clearly he's too caught up in his own delusions.

Looks like Froomey and Wiggo are still arch enemies from that tweet by Michelle Cound.

I really think Froome's chick should shut up being Froome's mouth piece. She isn't making anything better. It's fun for the public to see the spat between them. But she certainly doesn't help improving the situation. Yates interview clearly said that Froome attacked Wiggins when he was struggling. Don't you think it's natural wiggo was upset? Also looks like, Froome isn't the one who wears the pants in their household.:eek: shocker!

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
duh.. this doesn't sound like Froome progression? :confused:

Well don't you remember? Brailsford saw his progression...they way Froomedawg carried those water bottles, the way he gave up his bike to any other rider on his team who needed it...the way he held onto those cars going uphill...I'd say Brailsford saw the signs way back then. Then it was all simply a matter of continuing that steady progression through marginal gains.:)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Amazing how he is the best rider in the world for about 6 months, winning everything then suddenly when the tour is over he can barely finish races anymore.

I guess the reason why he didnt do the worlds ITT was that he would look like a complete moron losing 4 minutes to Martin. Guess its time to go back to Kenya and get a fresh infusion of badzilla.

the sceptic said:
Amazing how he is the best rider in the world for about 6 months, winning everything then suddenly when the tour is over he can barely finish races anymore.

I guess the reason why he didnt do the worlds ITT was that he would look like a complete moron losing 4 minutes to Martin. Guess its time to go back to Kenya and get a fresh infusion of badzilla.

He was dropped in Montreal on a hill by Sagan. It appears it wasn't just prepairing for the worlds and not yet top form, it's what this guy really is worth.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
go crazy said:
Well don't you remember? Brailsford saw his progression...they way Froomedawg carried those water bottles, the way he gave up his bike to any other rider on his team who needed it...the way he held onto those cars going uphill...I'd say Brailsford saw the signs way back then. Then it was all simply a matter of continuing that steady progression through marginal gains.:)

He simply trained and raced harder than anybody else due to his billharziosis aka badzilla. Once he overcame his illness. Boom. 2nd in the Vuelta out of nowhere. I'm fine with such a progression. I can rely to this progression simply by the fact that i trained 3 month with low iron stores. My performances after diagnosis and a iron infusion was much better.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
He was dropped in Montreal on a hill by Sagan. It appears it wasn't just prepairing for the worlds and not yet top form, it's what this guy really is worth.
Must have been as steep as San Luca? Tough hills in Montreal.

Bet his prescription for Stillnox was forgotten. Stillnox? Google Australian swimming and Stillnox.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
After reading the front page news i was rushing here to read the latest *** ideas about the issue.

I wasn't disapointed, great ideas.

I expect the next article where Froome farts and the clinics jumps : doping !!1!!

EnacheV said:
After reading the front page news i was rushing here to read the latest *** ideas about the issue.

I wasn't disapointed, great ideas.

I expect the next article where Froome farts and the clinics jumps : doping !!1!!

someone's paying you well to keep this trolling going....it cant be much fun