• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gillan1969 said:
Who is responsible for out of competition testing? National federations? i.e. who would test Froome in South Africa?

UK Antidoping I think. How far do you think where he is staying is from the nearest testing lab?

I'm sure that British Cycling with their close ties to Sky are comprehensively testing the shiniest turd in world cycling.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Another nunber of months where Froome goes missing to South Africa.

He has done so for the last three seasons. Trains on his own or with Porte with no Sky support.

This used be a haunt for the likes of Mo Farah and other distance runners.

More info is needed on why he goes all the way to SA.

Trek1000 said:

He has done so for the last three seasons. Trains on his own or with Porte with no Sky support.

Besides the fact he lives there ? He may ride under a UK license, but he is undoubtedly most at home in Africa.

Training wise, altitude and some good climbs.

IIRC The OOC test that Horner 'missed' just after the Vuelta was not done by USADA, but by the Spanish agency as he was in Spain at that moment. So wouldn't that mean that UKAD would decide when he should be tested, but the actual test would be done by the SA agency?

Trek1000 said:

Telekom used to train there every year with Ullrich.

Out of interest, how long would it take to get a sample there from the far north? I don't really know what the protocol is around when they need to get there but africa is a big place, if it's difficult to get samples tested in Tenerife, there will be places in SA where it's hard too.

AFAIK he lives in Monaco, family in Joburg. No idea where he is but having heard accounts on how easy it is to get PEDs there it sure is the ideal location for certain types of athlete.

Catwhoorg said:
There is a WADA lab in South Africa. Bloomfontein to be exact

Time wise, no idea, really depends on where you are exactly, and internal flights presumably. Despite having relatives there, that's a level of detail I just don't know enough about.

Bloemfontein is pretty much the middle of the country (Slightly East of true middle but near enough).

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Isnt that why they have base layers and sun screen ?

Froome Wiggo Porte and sky are just living out their fishnet fantasy in the public eye.

quite revealing !

Netserk said:
IIRC The OOC test that Horner 'missed' just after the Vuelta was not done by USADA, but by the Spanish agency as he was in Spain at that moment. So wouldn't that mean that UKAD would decide when he should be tested, but the actual test would be done by the SA agency?

UKAD don't really have any obligation to do anything. UCI will always order tests though and their average seems to be about once every 4-6 weeks.

I've thought about the location/isolation thing for a while and don't think there is much to it. The labs can be reached in time. The bigger problem is that once you're tested you're never tested again for weeks (not that it matters if the high retics post-withdrawal theory is incorrect).

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Ferminal said:
UKAD don't really have any obligation to do anything. UCI will always order tests though and their average seems to be about once every 4-6 weeks.

I've thought about the location/isolation thing for a while and don't think there is much to it. The labs can be reached in time. The bigger problem is that once you're tested you're never tested again for weeks (not that it matters if the high retics post-withdrawal theory is incorrect).

Where have you read of this theory being incorrect?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Richard Moore ‏@richardmoore73 24m

@wasabi_m 'there's nothing wrong with the jersey. He should've used sun cream.'

Richard Moore's summary of the paywall article.

Ahhh yes. "Great idea", putting sunscreen under a shirt....

1. They get sprayed by fans
2. They sweat
3. They spray themselves
4. Their could be a little rain even on a very hot day
5. Sun cream usually needs to be reapplied after 2-3 hours
6. but you can't reapply during course unless you take of you jersey...
7. It probably feels nice to have a sweaty goo on your back
8. It's blocking your pores (must be even more fantastic when going all out... your body will love the gunk blocking the exhausts).

Oh well, let's chalk this one up under the "we need to protect the sponsor".

TRENDING THREADS