• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
frenchfry, definitely a doper, you have that right.

but just like wiggins, and everyone who has won an ardennes classic for the past coupl'a' decades, dan martin of garmin included. just cos you ride for garmin does not make you not a doper. but Froome is, NOT doing anything differently than the top 20 at the Tour, and riders like boonen and cav and canc, and sagan. and the young too americans, tvg and AT,

so lets not single out froome. ofcourse. he is doping. that is manifest and i wont deny the obvious, cos that would be stupid. but looking at everyone on a GC goal is using preparation also.

I don't know. Sky seems to have special dispensation from the governing body and race organizers, not unlike what Lance's teams had. Now, I don't dispute that most everybody is doping. And guys like Cav and Cancellara would be riders I'd expect to probably have UCI protection. But Sky, with all their money and media backing, seems to be a specially-protected subclass of riders, in my opinion.

Angliru said:
...and how do "we" know this???

Oooooooh, puhleeeeeeeeze. Four 600 watt attacks in the space of a few minutes matching suped up chicken to win his first tour, riding for freakin' the hog.

Clentadopucci was doped to the gills when he won his first tour. Why do you give credit to him for it? Why do you think/"know" that he has natural talent!?

Seriously every win of clentadopucci is utterly and completely tainted. We have absolutely zero data to go on to know if he is any good at all.

Oh, yes, big Doopie just landed biggo knockout!!

And we know that doping just levels the playing field as it did for Armstrong.

Lol. Double lol.

As far as we know Clentadopucci is no better than Santi-baby. All we know is he was on the sauce early and protected by the uci. Unlike poor Santi-baby.

The difference in your guys minds is that he happens to have got away with some wins while totally doped. So I guess for you to be able live in your world you have to accept that as talent. Otherwise what you have been watching and following with bated breath for so many years, your own version of reality crumbles before your eyes...

Big Doopie said:
The difference in your guys minds is that he happens to have got away with some wins while totally doped. So I guess for you to be able live in your world you have to accept that as talent. Otherwise what you have been watching and following with bated breath for so many years, your own version of reality crumbles before your eyes...

Wait... you're saying that Froome has some special dope-advantage?

Or do you not disagree with my statement?

the sceptic said:
Same can be said for the garmin dopers. But they stopped in 2006 right ;)

Lol. And double lol. Yeah, you're so right. Because since joining jv those riders have been absolutely piling on the wins like Clentadopucci. And since joining jv they've been caught doping and had evidence of plastic in their blood and been involved with puerto and had their own personal blood doctor banned for life for doping and on and on...

Yeah they are exactly the same.

Please give me something better so I don't keep slapping this stuff away like flies in autumn...

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In general if people, who say 'we don't have the evidence' about whether Contador used doping during the 2007 Tour or not, have little choice but saying the same about today's Froome. But coming it down to the talent and wishing Contador to win, because he is a doper-in-law while Froome is a doper newbie, are exceptionally pathetic things. If Froome gets popped, I'll be one of the first forum guy to say that it's fair. However such huge double standarts in attitude to the riders is foolishness.

Big Doopie said:
Oooooooh, puhleeeeeeeeze. Four 600 watt attacks in the space of a few minutes matching suped up chicken to win his first tour, riding for freakin' the hog.

Clentadopucci was doped to the gills when he won his first tour. Why do you give credit to him for it? Why do you think/"know" that he has natural talent!?

Seriously every win of clentadopucci is utterly and completely tainted. We have absolutely zero data to go on to know if he is any good at all.

You are ...

Big Doopie said:

Very wrong

Big Doopie said:

Albeefo Dopador was cranking out 800 watt attacks on the Col de Peyresourde :p - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5wigXX0YEE

Race Radio said:
Actually USADA, and other experts, said Lance's blood values showed signs of blood doping.

It is a legitimate question. If he improved so dramatically wouldn't his values be a mess? Is the only answer that the UCI is covering it up?

Wouldn't the nature of the parasite as well as the potentials of the treatment make the BP almost useless in Froome's case? Not saying he does not possess talent ... heck, he seems like a nice guy. Just I don't think the BP is as solid for Froome.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Wouldn't the nature of the parasite as well as the potentials of the treatment make the BP almost useless in Froome's case? Not saying he does not possess talent ... heck, he seems like a nice guy. Just I don't think the BP is as solid for Froome.

How many years has it been since this parasite was done with?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Put Froome on Alberto's program and he would not be cranking out 800w attacks. That is because Alberto has more natural talent than Froome.

Flo is awaiting Big Dopie rant

Froome fans could state the same the other way round and with good reason. No one knows whose programme is / was more effective.

By the way, why do you boil everything to talent guys? More talented rider always wins? Of course not.

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't like Froome but he clearly has natural talent. Also were you aware that when Sky made their ludicrous (although in hindsight , obviously not ludicrous) statement about a British winner of the tour in 5 years it was actually Froome they were talking about, at least according to Shane Sutton at the time. They clearly felt he had enough talent to do it (drug aided or not).

R0BL4MBT0N said:
I don't like Froome but he clearly has natural talent. Also were you aware that when Sky made their ludicrous (although in hindsight , obviously not ludicrous) statement about a British winner of the tour in 5 years it was actually Froome they were talking about, at least according to Shane Sutton at the time. They clearly felt he had enough talent to do it (drug aided or not).
That's why they originally decided to drop him after 2011? :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
There was no decision to drop him, I think he had an offer on the table, just not a very good one. JV wanted him as did other teams, then he had his breakout performance at the Vuelta and re-signed with Sky.

Of course that in itself is suspicious, a break out performance when your contract is up, but he wasn't about to get jettisoned by Sky.