• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 446 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
775
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
just so we're clear, here's Chris' second tweet:

Well, then, I stand corrected, and apologize. I wish they'd put that tweet in the CN piece. Would have saved me all the time I spent making as a$$ of myself.
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Visit site
The Hitch said:
He admited minutes later in his next tweet that he was doing it to "prove" he is clean.

And you say it could be PR?

But he's saying what I have read here countless times, how easy it is to go to Teide away from the testers and dope to your heart's content. Whatever the motivation, if he's saying it then it's actually backing up what has been said here many times.
 
neineinei said:
Anti-doping isn't meant to prove anyone is clean. The sole purpose of anti-doping is to catch cheats and make it difficult to dope. This idiotic idea that anti-doping is there to prove athletes are clean must be wiped out.

If Froome wants to be tested more he can go train somewhere else than an remote island, or he can campaign for better funding for anti-doping. Sky and Froome have never prior to this winter been the least worried about training for months in remote places (Colombia, Teide) where they know from experience there is very little chance of being tested.

He could make a donation to support anti-doping efforts.
 
May 19, 2010
1,899
0
0
Visit site
Ferminal said:
He could make a donation to support anti-doping efforts.

Yes he could, but alas, Armstrong ruined that trick too. Just like he ruined sueing people for saying one is doping. The new generation really is suffering for what Armstrong did, it is so unfair.
 
You guys are all missing the point ;)

@chrisfroome said:
Three major TDF contenders staying on Mt Teide and no out of competition tests for the past 2 weeks. Very disappointing.

Cameron Wurf blog said:
As usual I am not the only cyclist here as Chris Froome, Ritchie Porte, Vincenzo Nibali and Alberto Contador are all currently roaming the halls of the hotel parador

@chrisfroome said:
To clarify I am one of those 3 :eek:...

Which is clearly this: who of Little Ritchie, Dirty Burtie and Nibs is in the opinion of Dawg NOT a TDF contender?

:D
 
sittingbison said:
You guys are all missing the point ;)


Which is clearly this: who of Little Ritchie, Dirty Burtie and Nibs is in the opinion of Dawg NOT a TDF contender?

Obviously Nibali is one because Froome tweeted him asking if he'd been tested.

So one of Richie and Bertie......

Little Richie says he's going for podium so does that mean he is one of the top 3 contenders?? :eek:

But MC said "a doper might win the Tour" and it was clear she meant Bertie :eek:

Maybe someone should ask Dawg on twitter? :eek:
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
observer said:
He is just putting this out there now, to use it later as a counter argument when people are talking about how he hasn't been tested.

He can then tell people he begged for more testing.

Dear Wiggo said:

Yes. Best form of defense is attack. Froome is laying the groundwork for the press conferences in July where he can say he asked for more testing....
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Well, it seems to have had the desired effect.
Maybe not around here, but in the real cycling world.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/05/u...roomes-calls-for-more-testing-at-mount-teide/

U turn time.
Forget this "no point in testing" line and return to the fully independent CADF will clean up cycling, wailing of last week.:rolleyes:

And guess what MV, no one in 'here' is surprised, the real world has always swallowed sporting fraud with relish.

Rather be part of 'here' with my eyes open than part of the real world getting shafted time and time again.
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Well, it seems to have had the desired effect.
Maybe not around here, but in the real cycling world.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/05/u...roomes-calls-for-more-testing-at-mount-teide/

U turn time.
Forget this "no point in testing" line and return to the fully independent CADF will clean up cycling, wailing of last week.:rolleyes:

So potentially his tweet might mean better out-of-competition testing all round at remote locations. Even if it is guff, the guff may have a good outcome.
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not, but Froome's tweet highlighted it and may force them to act.

There's an entire thread dedicated to Teide and oodles of posts bemoaning the lack of testing there, and that riders can go there to hide. If that changes then that is a positive thing right? Or can only negative things happen in cycling, because it doesn't feel like anyone actually wants change here sometimes.

Personally I hope the testing in areas like this improves. I don't care how.
 
Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Visit site
I wonder would people be calling Froome's comments PR if it came from a guy like Phinney.

Nico Roche and Mollema have highlighted the lack of tests they have done and I don't think there was a similar reaction to what they said as I see now with Froome.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Maybe, maybe not, but Froome's tweet highlighted it and may force them to act.

There's an entire thread dedicated to Teide and oodles of posts bemoaning the lack of testing there, and that riders can go there to hide. If that changes then that is a positive thing right? Or can only negative things happen in cycling, because it doesn't feel like anyone actually wants change here sometimes.

Personally I hope the testing in areas like this improves. I don't care how.

Maybe Froome's tweet was aimed at Cookson, in the manner of a certain Texan who doubted his own abiltities that he had UCI rid him of his more talented comepetitors.
 
Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Maybe Froome's tweet was aimed at Cookson, in the manner of a certain Texan who doubted his own abiltities that he had UCI rid him of his more talented comepetitors.

Twisting things to suit your agenda springs to mind.
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Maybe Froome's tweet was aimed at Cookson, in the manner of a certain Texan who doubted his own abiltities that he had UCI rid him of his more talented comepetitors.

One thing I fairly sure of, Armstrong isn't in the sport anymore. Perhaps you need to stop wheeling him out and trying to smear every present day rider with his actions.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
gooner said:
Twisting things to suit your agenda springs to mind.

It is hardly twisting as i used the word MAYBE. But then you want to twist my post to suit your agenda that cycling is cleaner and even when Froome points out no testing, you still think it is cleaner. Wonder who is twisting!

JimmyFingers said:
One thing I fairly sure of, Armstrong isn't in the sport anymore. Perhaps you need to stop wheeling him out and trying to smear every present day rider with his actions.

I suggested the actions MAY BE similar. But that doesn't suit your Sky agenda Jimob.

Here is a tweet that hits the sweet spot in taking down Froome's PR BS

@veloclinic said:
froome calls for water to stop being wet
seriously dude you go to the place that people go so that they don’t get tested and you wonder why you didn’t get tested ? is it dullness or is it the situational awareness of an uran Olympic...

Keep believing Skeletal like figures can climb and TT better than the rest over 3 weeks.....