Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Non taken but you should read better James, I did put 'fanboyish', gues you missed the '.....'?

Not important. To me Walsh looked like a little kid on a schooltrip, given his tweets from the Giro. Does that imply he has been suckered in by the evil empire? No, not immediately. What amazes me him questioning the performance of Nibali and not questioning equal/better performances by the Sky train, not even mentioning who is doing those performances.

Then, my friend, one has double standards and that is a problem from a journalistic point of view.
What did he say about Nibali? Did he btw post a tweet during the col d'eze MTT of Porte? If so would be interesting to compare those.
 
Aug 5, 2012
2,290
0
0
Miburo said:
What did he say about Nibali? Did he btw post a tweet during the col d'eze MTT of Porte? If so would be interesting to compare those.
I assume this is the tweet FGL is referring to

I read the tweets re Nibali's dominance and understand why many have reservations. I'm not sure and that's enough to diminish the experience
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Non taken but you should read better James, I did put 'fanboyish', gues you missed the '.....'?

Not important. To me Walsh looked like a little kid on a schooltrip, given his tweets from the Giro. Does that imply he has been suckered in by the evil empire? No, not immediately. What amazes me him questioning the performance of Nibali and not questioning equal/better performances by the Sky train, not even mentioning who is doing those performances.

Then, my friend, one has double standards and that is a problem from a journalistic point of view.
The Giro I watched had Nibali look in control from the off, never had an off day, immense in both TTs and very comfortable in the mountains, whatever the gradient.

The only time Sky vaguely put a dent in him was the TTT, and maybe Uran's breakaway stage win. There he dropped Wiggins of course.
 
JimmyFingers said:
The Giro I watched had Nibali look in control from the off, never had an off day, immense in both TTs and very comfortable in the mountains, whatever the gradient.

The only time Sky vaguely put a dent in him was the TTT, and maybe Uran's breakaway stage win. There he dropped Wiggins of course.
With Jimmy on this.

Nibali destroyed Sky in the Giro, Uran only got to go for a win because he was too far down on GC.
 
the sceptic said:
Uran is a domestique and he came 2nd overall
Contador was a domestique when he won the Tourin 2009.

Cycling has changed, we won't see the groups of favourites riding off the front leaving everyone behind for the last 20km of climbing, it's now about the guys who can put in 5-10% better numbers than the rest, or descend like demons, who come to the front.


Also, on any other team Uran would be a leader in his own right, as he will be next year.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
King Boonen said:
Contador was a domestique when he won the Tourin 2009.

Cycling has changed, we won't see the groups of favourites riding off the front leaving everyone behind for the last 20km of climbing, it's now about the guys who can put in 5-10% better numbers than the rest, or descend like demons, who come to the front.


Also, on any other team Uran would be a leader in his own right, as he will be next year.
Contador was leader then joint team leader, then he went to a no one as Armstrong took the team away from him.

Cycling has changed but the doping still rocks the GC.
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
the sceptic said:
Uran is a domestique and he came 2nd overall
Come on, that's a bit of misdirection. Uran is considered one of the best climbers in the peloton, lead Team Sky in last year's Giro, winning the white jersey in the process and in all likelihood is going to OPQS to be their GC contender there in 2014.
 
Benotti69 said:
Contador was leader then joint team leader, then he went to a no one as Armstrong took the team away from him.

Cycling has changed but the doping still rocks the GC.
I'm sure it does, but it's certainly lower levels than it was, putting an end to the real superhuman performances.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
JimmyFingers said:
The Giro I watched had Nibali look in control from the off, never had an off day, immense in both TTs and very comfortable in the mountains, whatever the gradient.

The only time Sky vaguely put a dent in him was the TTT, and maybe Uran's breakaway stage win. There he dropped Wiggins of course.
I of course am on Sky's whole palmares Jimmy, not just the Giro.

So, you dont think Uran has moved up a gear since last years Giro? Where he cracked big in the third week.
Contador was a domestique when he won the Tourin 2009.
Funny how people think they can spout nonsense here? Get your facts straight, please. Dirty working for cancerboy? When hell freezes over.
 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I of course am on Sky's whole palmares Jimmy, not just the Giro.

So, you dont think Uran has moved up a gear since last years Giro? Where he cracked big in the third week.Funny how people think they can spout nonsense here? Get your facts straight, please. Dirty working for cancerboy? When hell freezes over.
Uran was a wildcard in 2012, he had Henao for support and the rest of the Sky team was riding for Cav. And whatever notch he has stepped up, he was still a long way short of Nibali, and beat Cadel courtesy of a mechanical (according to Cadel anyways) on the penultimate day. Definitely a defensive ride hanging on to Nibali's coat tails, as was the rest of the peloton.

And yes, a contrast to how Nibali faired against Sky last year. But consistent with 2013 where he beat them soundly in T-A, Trentino and the Giro. Impressive, no?
 
the sceptic said:
Uran is a domestique and he came 2nd overall
Uran is the best colombiar rider since Lucho Herrera, and could be even better. He was always very promising, and he is confirmed that.
SKy has now 5 leaders for GCs, But they have to chose one for every race...
 
thehog said:
Here you go.

Here's a future GT winner in the making.

All GT winners give up their bikes and give a push to mid pack fodder like Henderson.

That is normal in 2010, Froome was with bilharzia, he was not a top rider still... but even Andy do that today sometimes.
Could you told me in wich race is that picture? thanks!
 
LaFlorecita said:
Good posts hog.

I'll keep these signs in mind to spot future GT winners.

Nice tt position the Dawg's got there.
I've been told by Sky sources that the Dawg is the first rider to fall off his bike in the wind tunnel.

No one knows how he did it seeing the bike was strapped in and stabilised.

Appears every time he gets on a TT bike he falls off.

None the less he'll still win the ITT at the Tour. Magically.
 
Jul 8, 2009
323
0
0
goggalor said:
Who was it who said Froome's perfomance at Tirreno-Adriatico wasn't suspicious because "he only put 6 seconds into a former winner of Tre Valli Varesine"? That one's looking pretty stupid now. Froome putting any amount of time into Contador is suspicious. Like when Horner outkicked him on that T-A MTF. Even when Contador's not in top shape, those guys belong about 5 minutes down the road from him.
The whole T-A episode is like some frolic through the twilight zone and I'm wondering when Horner jumped on Froome's wheel could he have actually gone with him on his way "through" and almost over Contador in the last kilometer. Santambrogio [2nd on the stage] as we know is busted so I'm just guessing he was sauced up at T-A as well? The Armstrongish surge by Froome during Nibali's attack has to make you wonder...I mean Nibali was pretty much untouchable at the Giro...The fluidity of the man in that final kilometer versus the video of uphill zig-zagging and "motorbike drafting" is disquieting. Nibali looked like a deer in headlights when Froome shot past him. Even Bjarne Riis didn't rise this fast from obscurity. It took him 4 seasons to rise from 5th to a doped-through-the-eyeballs win in 1996.
 
Taxus4a said:
That is normal in 2010, Froome was with bilharzia, he was not a top rider still... but even Andy do that today sometimes.
Could you told me in wich race is that picture? thanks!
You should know what race it is. You've been following him his whole career :rolleyes:

God I love this picture.

Do you think Contador ever had to push a teammate?

 
thehog said:
I've been told by Sky sources that the Dawg is the first rider to fall off his bike in the wind tunnel.

No one knows how he did it seeing the bike was strapped in and stabilised.

Appears every time he gets on a TT bike he falls off.

None the less he'll still win the ITT at the Tour. Magically.
that is the power of the Dawg
 
Aug 12, 2009
3,639
0
0
King Boonen said:
Contador was a domestique when he won the Tourin 2009.

Cycling has changed, we won't see the groups of favourites riding off the front leaving everyone behind for the last 20km of climbing, it's now about the guys who can put in 5-10% better numbers than the rest, or descend like demons, who come to the front.


Also, on any other team Uran would be a leader in his own right, as he will be next year.
Biggest troll comment of the week goes to you! Contador was a 'domestique' in 2009 during the Tour.:rolleyes:

You need professional psychiatric help and a lot of drugs if you believe that. Still think Lance was clean do you? Andorra ring a bell? Verbier? Yeah, real domestique duties there!

If you've been posting comments here after hitting up night clubs with Tommeke for 16 year olds and blow, I'll ignore the above quote. That would explain a LOT.
 
Jul 8, 2009
323
0
0
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I of course am on Sky's whole palmares Jimmy, not just the Giro.

So, you dont think Uran has moved up a gear since last years Giro? Where he cracked big in the third week.Funny how people think they can spout nonsense here? Get your facts straight, please. Dirty working for cancerboy? When hell freezes over.
I don't know where the idea came from but Contador was "never" going to work in the shadows of Armstrong...their less than cozy co-existence was as cordial as a preacher in a gay bar and every bit as apprehensive. Too much testosterone between the two of them frankly. It was in poor taste for Armstrong to even think he could reclaim the team and Contador made sure it never happened.
 
May 8, 2009
837
0
0
thehog said:
I've been told by Sky sources that the Dawg is the first rider to fall off his bike in the wind tunnel.

No one knows how he did it seeing the bike was strapped in and stabilised.

Appears every time he gets on a TT bike he falls off.

None the less he'll still win the ITT at the Tour. Magically.
Never thought I'd say this, but the bolded made me lol, so:

Good post Hog!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts