• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 665 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Supimilian said:
The way some talk about him here you would think he already won the cobbles stage solo by a minute and crushed the record up Plateau de Beille. :rolleyes:
He showed some form up the Mur after a sub-par TT and hasn't crumbled anywhere, and that's all for now. Sheesh. You would think he already had it in the bag by reading some of you guys. 2 minutes isn't all that much going into this last half.

I know enough from what I've seen to know what's going to happen. Barring a crash, he's going to throttle everyone on every mountain that matters.

Even Quintana after how he looked today? Froome looked in pain on the MdB as well.
I don't see it tbh

Walkman said:
Supimilian said:
The way some talk about him here you would think he already won the cobbles stage solo by a minute and crushed the record up Plateau de Beille. :rolleyes:
He showed some form up the Mur after a sub-par TT and hasn't crumbled anywhere, and that's all for now. Sheesh. You would think he already had it in the bag by reading some of you guys. 2 minutes isn't all that much going into this last half.

Of course they do. People are hypocrites. It was all fun and game for many poster in the is very thread when Contador was the one breaking the all time VAM record and beating a fully primed Cancellara in the time trials. Now you will never hear the end of it as soon as Froome does something impressive. I mean, could you imagined the meltdown if Froome had done what Nibali did last year during the cobbled stage? Instant forum crash.
If you go and find the 2009 Tour threads, you'll see nothing of the sort. Most of us thought that Contador was hilarious and could have pushed anyone bar Indurain and Riis at their peak.

The '09 Contador was one of the first team leaders chosen in the fantasy dopers draft thread, right up with Indurain, Armstrong, Riis and Ullrich, by one of the posters people such as yourself constantly deride and was selected well ahead of your hero's farcical display in 2013. Most also saw it as the best remaining choice.

3/4 of posters in the Contador comeback thread agree that he'll be doped and some who voted no only did so for a laugh.

The reasons Froome gets piled on so much is:

In 2009 Froome got smacked around by the world class climber that is Simon Gerrans

In 2010 Froome got booted from the Giro for holding on to a police motorbike

In 2011 Froome was the lowest rated rider on the squad, didn't ride a monument or GT until Nordhaug got sick before the Vuelta. He had 62 CQ points for the year prior to the Vuelta FFS.

Contador doesn't act as if he's proud of sociopathic behaviour like cruelty to animals

Contador (and other high profile dopers) has never had hordes of nationalistic defenders.

Stray from the Sky threads occasionally (I know, it's scary, but you'll be fine) and you might learn what the rest of the forum really thinks about Contador.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

I'm no fan of Froome but the hyperbole in this forum just makes you reply sometimes.

I'm no fan of drugs but the ridiculous pace in this peloton just makes you dope sometimes.

Said most non-doping riders, after 1000 days.

Abdicating responsibility for your own actions is weak. Very weak.

To continue 42x16ss' post:

- Saxo, Astana and Movistar don't have a legion of fawning fans, including a renowned cycling journalist, getting giddy like a five-year-old in a candy store every time Sky produces another inhuman performance.
- Saxo and Movistar don't spout half the amount of merde about being clean and at the forefront of advancements in all things cycling like Sky. I won't mention Astana because of Nibali's "symbol of clean cycling" crap, but even they aren't even half as prolific with the hypocrisy and lies.
- The ZTP smokescreen that they have ignored on numerous occasions by hiring dopers and implicated doctors.

I believe almost everyone who gets involved in the GCs of three-week races are on dope. Especially the ones who challenge for the win every time, like Contador, Quintana, Nibali and Froome The difference is the latter and his team routinely insult my intelligence with what they say and do. The others just ride their bikes really fast and don't make a huge deal out of how awesome they are at it. It's much easier to swallow, even if they are dirtier than Lance Armstrong's chamois.

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Saint Unix said:
To continue 42x16ss' post:

- Saxo, Astana and Movistar don't have a legion of fawning fans, including a renowned cycling journalist, getting giddy like a five-year-old in a candy store every time Sky produces another inhuman performance.
- Saxo and Movistar don't spout half the amount of merde about being clean and at the forefront of advancements in all things cycling like Sky. I won't mention Astana because of Nibali's "symbol of clean cycling" crap, but even they aren't even half as prolific with the hypocrisy and lies.
- The ZTP smokescreen that they have ignored on numerous occasions by hiring dopers and implicated doctors.

I believe almost everyone who gets involved in the GCs of three-week races are on dope. Especially the ones who challenge for the win every time, like Contador, Quintana, Nibali and Froome The difference is the latter and his team routinely insult my intelligence with what they say and do. The others just ride their bikes really fast and don't make a huge deal out of how awesome they are at it. It's much easier to swallow, even if they are dirtier than Lance Armstrong's chamois.

Which is when exactly this season? Thomas in E3? Porte at PN? The irony of all the pr smokescreens become pretty hollow without these phantom alien performances you speak of.
The guy has pretty much just managed to stay out of trouble thus far.
Save it for it actually happening.

Supimilian said:
Which is when exactly this season? Thomas in E3? Porte at PN? The irony of all the pr smokescreens become pretty hollow without these phantom alien performances you speak of.
↑↑↑↑ Thinks only the team leader would be charging, and that if they're not winning, there's no doping...

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

joe_papp said:
Supimilian said:
↑↑↑↑ Thinks only the team leader would be charging, and that if they're not winning, there's no doping...

I saw someone tweet a picture of a male athlete with normal looking arms suggest the athlete was clean of steroids.

Some people just need more time in the realities of the doping world, innit?

Walkman said:
Supimilian said:

Of course they do. People are hypocrites. It was all fun and game for many poster in the is very thread when Contador was the one breaking the all time VAM record and beating a fully primed Cancellara in the time trials.
Who? Do you have some links?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Settled:

image.jpg

Supimilian said:
It's already happened. Froome shouldn't be anywhere near the business end of a stage ending on Mur de Huy when clean.

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Saint Unix said:
Supimilian said:
It's already happened. Froome shouldn't be anywhere near the business end of a stage ending on Mur de Huy when clean.

No one on here thinks any contender is 'clean'. Still seems a bit thin for all this hyperbole for now. All in all there is not much suggesting he is stronger than he has been before.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Will the forum crash tomorrow? :D

Every Cloud computer under the sun will need to be put on standby with what tomorrow will bring...

"Froomey" is dialed in better than he was in 2013, not even bothering to try and save strength for the 2nd and 3rd week... This Tour is over bar getting popped or crash... This freak show is ruining it for me and I had the stomach to sit through the Armstrong years... Tomorrow will see "Froomey" win comfortably.

"Froomey" is the greatest athlete ever due to his phenominal cardiovascular system, devotion to detail, focus on training, bringing new equipment, recovering from a life threatening disease, tough upbringing, best team etc etc etc bla bla bla The sad pathetic charade continues.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

the sceptic said:
SeriousSam said:
One startling fact about Froome's physiology is his very low max heart rate. Only like 160 apparently

he can also hold long conversations at said heart rate. Very good marginal gain.
I wonder whether he chats about the best parts of Mein Climb with Kerrison to cope with the boredom preceding one of his attacks.
"...and then I asked Walsh to write that I beat Contador on a mountain stage before, showing my promise, lol! Oh, the gradient is going up now. I think I'll attack now. See ya in a bit"

Froome is beginning to sound confident, Mein Climb-style:

As for his rivals, Froome questioned the morale of some after Quintana and Nibali have both lost time. The pre-race expectations – based on last year – were that Nibali would be on the front foot in the first week and be in a position of control after the cobbles. In fact the opposite has played out and Nibali and his Astana team have looked questionable at times.

“I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to change things, it’s a long race, there’s a long way to go, and we haven’t eve hit the mountains. I expect Nairo Quintana to start trying to gain time, but if you’re one of those big GC contenders and you’re losing time on an almost daily basis, it has to be quite a negative thing within the team and morale can’t be good," said Froome.

“I think lot of people expected Nibali to make up a lot of time on the other rivals in this first week, as opposed to Quintana where we expected him to make time in the mountains. So I expect Quintana will be the person to look out for in this part in the race. I’m in an extremely privileged position.”

“He’s definitely a guy who races on other people’s weaknesses,” Froome said.

“He waits for a moment when you’re exposed, and takes full advantage of that. He’s lost a small amount of time, but he’s someone you can’t just let get up the road. You have to give him that sort of respect.”

:eek:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-froome-questions-morale-of-rival-teams-after-dream-start

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Man I really hope someone attacks this fool EARLY on one of these mountain stages. Sky would have no clue what to do. This guy doesn't get enough credit for being as smug as Lance Armstrong, but he is. It's even more disingenuous because he pretends to be this nice guy, unlike LA who was a *** and everyone knew it.

TRENDING THREADS