• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 666 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

IamIronMan said:
Man I really hope someone attacks this fool EARLY on one of these mountain stages. Sky would have no clue what to do. This guy doesn't get enough credit for being as smug as Lance Armstrong, but he is. It's even more disingenuous because he pretends to be this nice guy, unlike LA who was a **** and everyone knew it.

Ehh, Sky will just ride tempo and exhaust the guy that attacked?

Its quite simple if you are strongest in the race and with a strongest team.

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Re:

IamIronMan said:
Man I really hope someone attacks this fool EARLY on one of these mountain stages. Sky would have no clue what to do. This guy doesn't get enough credit for being as smug as Lance Armstrong, but he is. It's even more disingenuous because he pretends to be this nice guy, unlike LA who was a **** and everyone knew it.

Yeah, the way Froome has slapped down all those witnesses that have come out against him is disgusting.... It's like he made them never exist!

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Tommy79 said:
IamIronMan said:

Yeah, the way Froome has slapped down all those witnesses that have come out against him is disgusting.... It's like he made them never exist!
I'm sure he will once he gets in the same trouble LA did. It's following the same script.

May 18, 2015
Visit site

damian13ster said:
IamIronMan said:

You are right, Sky is pretty much the same as US Postal, but I think the rivals of him/Sky are stronger than Postal's main rivals. The train may not be able to pull a rider like Nibali back so easily.

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

IamIronMan said:
Tommy79 said:
IamIronMan said:

I'm sure he will once he gets in the same trouble LA did. It's following the same script.

Hardly believable that it hasn't happened already, don't you think?

IamIronMan said:
damian13ster said:
IamIronMan said:

You are right, Sky is pretty much the same as US Postal, but I think the rivals of him/Sky are stronger than Postal's main rivals. The train may not be able to pull a rider like Nibali back so easily.

I imagine they will do as Armstrong and Bruyneel did when Pantani went on his epic attack in the mountains during one of the Tour's stages: they will confer, crunch the numbers, and then determine how long they can let Nibali sit out there on his own (or with whatever break companions may be there) burning himself out, until they decide to reel him in and drop him in the process.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

IamIronMan said:
damian13ster said:
IamIronMan said:

You didn't see the 2012 Tour obviously.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
“Look. It’s the same discussion as always, it’s like watching the Tour when Lance [Armstrong] or [Miguel] Indurain raced. You could try to attack, get ahead, but then what are you going to do? Just to have a laugh?” Basso said, sitting on the steps of the team bus.

“If he [Wiggins] goes as they have been, where Richie Porte is pulling and you are on the wheel pushing 420 watts, then explain to me, where are you going to go?

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
The present scenario watching SKY & Froome and at the same time listing to the NBC broadcasters reminds me about Armstrong & US Postal team few years back and I just sit back and wait on the day to come that Chris Froome and others will finally admit to doping. There is no way otherwise. We hear the same arrogant talk from Froome & Brailsford as from Armstrong & Brynell at that time. It is sad but it happens just in front of our very eyes and most people buy it. I feel sorry for all the honest bike riders and other athletes, they are the real losers!

I have followed bike racing since 1953 and always had a feeling when something wasn`t right like the rainy day in Oslo Norway when Armstong won the world championship more then 22 years ago. He came out of nowhere and me and my friends all looked at each other thinking the same thing and we were right!!!

a lot has happened since 1953

armstrong did not come out of nowhere

not that id encourage it
but take a brief look at the racing history of la
racing and winning triathlon against mark allen and dave scott at 16yrs

google mark allen and dave scott
good athletes

doping aside
la did not come out of no where

you are getting confused with chris froome

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:

not that id encourage it

good athletes

doping aside

Rubbish

Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:

not that id encourage it

good athletes

doping aside

This. People want to put Lance down as some average athlete for whatever reason. He wasn't. He was an absolute animal from his early days, but competing with triathletes at the end of their careers and demolishing riders in the local cycling circuit, while impressive at 16 years of age, isn't necessarily the mercurial sort of talent you need to be to win GTs clean against a clean field.

A clean Lance in his prime would have slaughtered a clean Froome in his prime, though. That I feel fairly certain of.

bikinggirl said:
JackRabbitSlims said:

not that id encourage it

good athletes

doping aside

Rubbish

are you able to elaborate any more than that

id prefer some thing more cerebral in the discussion
other than

la came out of no where
and my post
is rubbish

Tucker is a respected Sports scientist and seems to think the vayer graphs are legit enough to comment extensively on the science of sport twitter feed. He has seen the file and thinks it would be very hard to fabricate it second by second.

Interesting comments on the performance too.

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

peloton said:
Supimilian said:
This Tucker character is really underestimating the amount of spare time many people have in this day and age.
Now it's suddenly 650W during the attack. :rolleyes:

Tucker character?
Too funny :D
http://sportsscientists.com/

He is still talking out of his backside when claiming the data points are too many to be fake. And they are poorly matched with <3000 points each. :rolleyes:
Don't matter if he is supposed to be some kind of bigshot.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

Supimilian said:
peloton said:
Supimilian said:
This Tucker character is really underestimating the amount of spare time many people have in this day and age.

Tucker character?

He is still talking out of his backside when claiming the data points are too many to be fake. And they are poorly matched with <3000 points each. :rolleyes:

And Denial is not just a river in Egypt ;)

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

peloton said:
Supimilian said:
peloton said:
Supimilian said:

Tucker character?

And Denial is not just a river in Egypt ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority :)

TRENDING THREADS