Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 670 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 24, 2015
241
0
0
Froome finally completes his transformation into Lance mark 2

Dodgy disease - check
Amazing turnaround - check
Cadence - Check
Marginal gains and training specifically for tour - Check
Attack on day one of mountains - check
have team to destroy everyone before you even go for an all out attack - check
UCI in back pocket - Check

It's like the LA era never even happened - how can memories be this short and the UCI think we are all so stupid
 
Jul 11, 2015
46
0
0
Re:

Rob27172 said:
Froome finally completes his transformation into Lance mark 2

Dodgy disease - check
Amazing turnaround - check
Cadence - Check
Marginal gains and training specifically for tour - Check
Attack on day one of mountains - check
have team to destroy everyone before you even go for an all out attack - check
UCI in back pocket - Check

It's like the LA era never even happened - how can memories be this short and the UCI think we are all so stupid
Indeed.. but its normal... history often repeats itself.. The dodgy disease was the first thing I said when Armstrong was good! it was an excuse.. just like Froome..
 
Jul 13, 2009
504
0
0
I shall watch tomorrow because I love the Tourmalet and my old riding haunts but if it is a repeat of today. Farewell le tour de farce
 
Apr 9, 2009
976
0
0
Re:

rhubroma said:
Whatever the f the guy is on, it must also entail a fat burning drug. No diet brings you to such low levels without loosing muscle mass.
And compromising your immune system. Froome makes Rasmussen look healthy.
 
May 28, 2015
60
0
0
Re:

the sceptic said:
ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily 2m2 minutes ago

#TDF2015, Stage 10. La Pierre Saint Martin (14.89 km, 7.72 %, 1150 m)
Chris Froome: 40 min 54 sec, 21.84 Kph, VAM 1687 m/h, 6.09 W/kg [DrF]
Numbers of his last 6km would be interesting, but i guess those are "nice" enough..
 
Jul 8, 2012
702
0
0
Re:

Fruitzilla said:
Utterly, utterly ridiculous. The emaciated grasshopper will win this one by 15 minutes plus.
I wish, might as well , he doesn't really need to do anything now though, the tour is done he can have a normal ride till the end and everyone will just say that he had one good day and the others had a bad day.
 
Jul 11, 2015
46
0
0
Re: Re:

lemoogle said:
Fruitzilla said:
Utterly, utterly ridiculous. The emaciated grasshopper will win this one by 15 minutes plus.
I wish, he doesn't really need to do anything now though, the tour is done he can have a normal ride till the end and everyone will just say that he had one good day and the others had a bad day.
If history repeats itself, he will do something crazy tomorrow as well
 
Jun 27, 2009
373
1
0
Re: Re:

DrSahl said:
Dalakhani said:
I was wondering what explanation ITV would give. Imlach says, "Everyone having an off day, compared to Chris Froome."

That's just not true. Porte didn't have an off day. Thomas didn't have an off day.

But, seriously, how can you think everyone has an off day on the same day?
I wanna bet you that in 4-6 years, Froome will be revealed... based on history :D

I admit, I dislike Froome as a person, I really do.. Even sky... but I can normaly look objectiv on things.. but today... This is like Armstrong.. but Froome is just a symtom of the real problems in cycling... it will take more than just nailing them for cheating etc... that wont happen anyway..

I wonder how many of the riders would fare without technology like cycling computers, radio etc. Then atleast tactical sense etc would play role as well..
4-6 years is far too late, the money will have been made, legacy built, knighthood attained, podium girls long since kissed and forgotten, accolades accepted... Why doesn't anyone with the UCI or even the ALFD step in here now ? They know this smacks of US Postal with that kind of dominance and that wasn't from marginal gains
To see this mutant aberration of a team run roughshod over everyone else with their fecking motorhomes and support vehicles, unlimited budgets, shiftiness, lying, deceit and arrogance, oops, forgot the marginal gains...
Pro cycling as we knew it is finished... it really is..
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Froome did 1 better than Armstrong. Froome never upset any journalists or made enemies in the peloton. See some are learning.....
 
Jul 11, 2015
46
0
0
Re: Re:

S2Sturges said:
DrSahl said:
Dalakhani said:
I was wondering what explanation ITV would give. Imlach says, "Everyone having an off day, compared to Chris Froome."

That's just not true. Porte didn't have an off day. Thomas didn't have an off day.

But, seriously, how can you think everyone has an off day on the same day?
I wanna bet you that in 4-6 years, Froome will be revealed... based on history :D

I admit, I dislike Froome as a person, I really do.. Even sky... but I can normaly look objectiv on things.. but today... This is like Armstrong.. but Froome is just a symtom of the real problems in cycling... it will take more than just nailing them for cheating etc... that wont happen anyway..

I wonder how many of the riders would fare without technology like cycling computers, radio etc. Then atleast tactical sense etc would play role as well..
4-6 years is far too late, the money will have been made, legacy built, knighthood attained, podium girls long since kissed and forgotten, accolades accepted... Why doesn't anyone with the UCI or even the ALFD step in here now ? They know this smacks of US Postal with that kind of dominance and that wasn't from marginal gains
To see this mutant aberration of a team run roughshod over everyone else with their fecking motorhomes and support vehicles, unlimited budgets, shiftiness, lying, deceit and arrogance, oops, forgot the marginal gains...
Pro cycling as we knew it is finished... it really is..
Because money talks and this is not sports anymore its entertainment.. look at other sports, its the same there.
The only way I see a little change that could be made without any severe dmg to their reputation and the riders, is a ban on cycling computers and radio.. this way the rider would have to think more himself and it would open up abit (atleast for a few mistakes) this is why nobody really talk doping in Football (soccer) because its not raw sport about how strong you are, but tactical sense, finess, ball control etc.. pans in.. but there is just as much doping there as here.

If we stopped watching the tour, it might help, but that could damage more than help.

As I said earlier, I don't mind stages like this where one takes all like this, if just that rider would sometimes show his human and lose badly other days.. but that did not happen with Armstrong ie, nor Froome... doping is not really the biggest problem.. the whole way cycling works is.
 
Oct 20, 2012
5
0
8,530
Re: Re:

lemoogle said:
Fruitzilla said:
Utterly, utterly ridiculous. The emaciated grasshopper will win this one by 15 minutes plus.
I wish, might as well , he doesn't really need to do anything now though, the tour is done he can have a normal ride till the end and everyone will just say that he had one good day and the others had a bad day.
From what I've seen from Froome, he isn't able to have a normal ride. The insanity is strong in this one :D
 
Sep 29, 2012
12,197
0
0
JV1973 said:
Just to clarify something: I presented you guys an objective manner of thinking and options regards to Froome's climbing speed. There was no skepticism implied beyond the understanding of the numbers and their meaning. And, I'm sorry to say, but if you want my opinion on Froome, not an objective map, but a subjective personal opinion? I think he's clean.

does that mean I'd be shocked if I was wrong? No. Does that mean I'm absolutely convince I'm right? Nope.

But my opinion? My opinion is he's clean. I think he's got some crazy adaptive physiology. And I wish I had identified that more quickly.

...
http://forum.cyclingnews.imdserve.com/viewtopic.php?p=1491448&sid=58c8de9fe315069aa43f30536f6501b5#p1491448

JV
Uh huh. No, please, do go on.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY