• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 689 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
S2Sturges said:
Plus he was just being a **** to show Quintana who's his daddy, real sportsmanship, that....
Nothing unsportsmanlike about trying to drop a rival.
Sure, but that sort of behavior is what annoys people. Same for Little Richie shoving a spectator. Obviously throwing urine into a rider's face goes too far but it's hardly surprising when Sky do stuff like this on a daily basis. They are arrogant and fans and other riders don't like it.
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
hrotha said:
S2Sturges said:
Plus he was just being a **** to show Quintana who's his daddy, real sportsmanship, that....
Nothing unsportsmanlike about trying to drop a rival.
Sure, but that sort of behavior is what annoys people. Same for Little Richie shoving a spectator. Obviously throwing urine into a rider's face goes too far but it's hardly surprising when Sky do stuff like this on a daily basis. They are arrogant and fans and other riders don't like it.
No no no. Dropping a rival cannot the same as shoving a spectator. Of course they rub people the wrong way because they have a high ***-to-decent-chap ratio and they're arrogant as hell, but we shouldn't let that cloud our judgment. Not everything they do is condemnable.
 
Jul 2, 2015
367
0
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
hrotha said:
S2Sturges said:
Plus he was just being a **** to show Quintana who's his daddy, real sportsmanship, that....
Nothing unsportsmanlike about trying to drop a rival.
Sure, but that sort of behavior is what annoys people. Same for Little Richie shoving a spectator. Obviously throwing urine into a rider's face goes too far but it's hardly surprising when Sky do stuff like this on a daily basis. They are arrogant and fans and other riders don't like it.

:rolleyes: Exaggerating a bit now are we...
 
There is absolutely no excuse for throwing urine at someone, let alone a rider. Not the arrogance, not the doping, nothing. That is just plain wrong, and whoever did it didn't do it because he/she is worried about doping in the peloton, but because he/she is an a*hole.
 
Sep 14, 2011
1,980
0
0
Visit site
Re:

slim charles said:
There is absolutely no excuse for throwing urine at someone, let alone a rider. Not the arrogance, not the doping, nothing. That is just plain wrong, and whoever did it didn't do it because he/she is worried about doping in the peloton, but because he/she is an a*hole.

Agreed and it's disappointing that a small number on here seem to support it.
 
Mar 25, 2013
5,389
0
0
Visit site
Re:

slim charles said:
There is absolutely no excuse for throwing urine at someone, let alone a rider. Not the arrogance, not the doping, nothing. That is just plain wrong, and whoever did it didn't do it because he/she is worried about doping in the peloton, but because he/she is an a*hole.

Exactly.
 
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
LaFlorecita said:
hrotha said:
S2Sturges said:
Plus he was just being a **** to show Quintana who's his daddy, real sportsmanship, that....
Nothing unsportsmanlike about trying to drop a rival.
Sure, but that sort of behavior is what annoys people. Same for Little Richie shoving a spectator. Obviously throwing urine into a rider's face goes too far but it's hardly surprising when Sky do stuff like this on a daily basis. They are arrogant and fans and other riders don't like it.
No no no. Dropping a rival cannot the same as shoving a spectator. Of course they rub people the wrong way because they have a high ***-to-decent-chap ratio and they're arrogant as hell, but we shouldn't let that cloud our judgment. Not everything they do is condemnable.
I know and I did not say it is the same, I just said as you say "it rubs people the wrong way"
 
Jul 22, 2009
754
1
0
Visit site
Froome? The whole of Sky are massacring the rest of the teams.

All teams were so fixated on Chris that they never suspected the rest of Sky were going to perform the way they are performing.
 
Re:

Melo said:
Well, she's a nice woman. After she posted this she closed her twitter account.


She a bit crazy but I'd be f'ucking livid as well. Bloody assults out there.

In 5 years there are barriers all the way up the climbs and a live experience (which isn't that great as it as tbh) will just get even poorer. It's going to be just greeeeeat.
 
Jul 6, 2015
176
0
0
Visit site
Re:

Melo said:
Well, she's a nice woman. After she posted this she closed her twitter account.


She has every right to defend her husband. Those claims by sections of the French press are defamation of character. If it were not for Froome's grace and class off the bike those journalists would be in court. It's pure jealousy that a British team dare to win clean. Froome will have the last laugh.
 
Re: Re:

Sky'sthelimit said:
Melo said:
Well, she's a nice woman. After she posted this she closed her twitter account.


She has every right to defend her husband. Those claims by sections of the French press are defamation of character. If it were not for Froome's grace and class off the bike those journalists would be in court. It's pure jealousy that a British team dare to win clean. Froome will have the last laugh.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or being serious?!
 
How do we know he was really doused with urine? Was he tested for traces of urine on his skin? This is all just a bunch of innuendo and people suggesting things based on nothing but one person's account. Until there is a positive test for urine on Froome, this is all just a bunch of unsubstantiated rumor and supposition.

I think this could be a cry for sympathy. He's blaming journalists for this phantom urine. Until there is actual proof of this supposed urine, I'm going to have to hold back on my condemnation.
 
Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
How do we know he was really doused with urine? Was he tested for traces of urine on his skin? This is all just a bunch of innuendo and people suggesting things based on nothing but one person's account. Until there is a positive test for urine on Froome, this is all just a bunch of unsubstantiated rumor and supposition.

I think this could be a cry for sympathy. He's blaming journalists for this phantom urine. Until there is actual proof of this supposed urine, I'm going to have to hold back on my condemnation.

The only place you'd see nonsense like this is in The Clinic. Absolute f'ucking bonkers place this.
 

TRENDING THREADS