• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 754 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Savant12 said:
Why is more heat on Froome? It seems to be because he's either British or on a British team which derives much hatred on the interwebs.
Playing the nationality card only makes you look like a bigot.

Or, do you really consider a man who lives in Monaco for tax - reasons a Brit?

Make your next try better, you are repeating the whole Lance line though.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
Zam_Olyas said:
Blackcat, what the ****?

please specify

i dont talk asterisk, dont even read the french belgian walloon comic asterix

You are missing out. Asterix still partakes of the super dope for strength, but Obelix was dunked at birth and does not require anything.

The gear their village is on is top shelf. Even the grandpa Geriatrix gets a massive boost.

It is a perfect analog for pro sport.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Savant12 said:
Why is more heat on Froome? It seems to be because he's either British or on a British team which derives much hatred on the interwebs.

Nationality card? Nice one! Let me just check my Sky press card and I'll get back to you.

Hell, I would live in Monaco for tax reasons if I had the cash. Makes someone a doper? Nope! Keep trying!

Why is Froome's clinic page on 642 pages and the next cyclist isn't even close to the same number of pages. Valverde, Contador - known dopers. Sanctioned for doping, more defined links to doping and yet barely a mention on the clinic pages now. Are they likely doping now? Maybe, someone here "knows" because a lot of commenters on the Froome page think they "know" a lot.

It seems the anti-doper collective in the Clinic is concerned with only one man.

Sep 29, 2012
Re:

Taxus4a said:
Froome needed to develop, no more. he showed always very good performance and even results, that way he pass from to be in 2006 riding Mauritous in a local team to be in le Tour in 2008 with the best at the begining of alp d huez after Galibier and Croix de fer and with the best in the last ITT.

Froome starting cycling with 19, late, before he just race cyclotourist events, it was just a game for him, a hobby, and I would say even with 19 it was just a hobby, but we could say he started.

He did great progession from the begining and he did good results in 2008, lot of people talked about his potential, i followed him then and I was dissaponted in 2009 and 2010 becouse althouh he was sometimes ok, he didnt progress,I was dissapointed becouse he was a talented and promising rider, of course.

if you think he was a crap, it is just your opinion, so be more polite.

This is from wikipedia:

At the age of 13, his mother took him to his first organised bike race, a charity race which he won despite being knocked off by his mother. There he met professional cyclist David Kinjah, who became Froome's mentor and training partner.

At 13.

el oh el at Froome starting in 2007.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Savant12 said:
Nationality card? Nice one! Let me just check my Sky press card and I'll get back to you.

Hell, I would live in Monaco for tax reasons if I had the cash. Makes someone a doper? Nope! Keep trying!

Why is Froome's clinic page on 642 pages and the next cyclist isn't even close to the same number of pages. Valverde, Contador - known dopers. Sanctioned for doping, more defined links to doping and yet barely a mention on the clinic pages now. Are they likely doping now? Maybe, someone here "knows" because a lot of commenters on the Froome page think they "know" a lot.

It seems the anti-doper collective in the Clinic is concerned with only one man.
I really hoped your next try would be better but it just gets worse and worse.

Major logic fail here.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
blackcat said:
Zam_Olyas said:
Blackcat, what the ****?

please specify

i dont talk asterisk, dont even read the french belgian walloon comic asterix

You are missing out. Asterix still partakes of the super dope for strength, but Obelix was dunked at birth and does not require anything.

The gear their village is on is top shelf. Even the grandpa Geriatrix gets a massive boost.

It is a perfect analog for pro sport.
cuddles loves asterisk

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Savant12 said:
Savant12 said:

Because Valverde and Contador have been caught, there is much less discussion about them being a doper or not.
The Froome thread is going to be as big as Lance's for the same raeson, an army of believer in miracles like for Lance... SSDD.

Dear Wiggo said:
Taxus4a said:
Froome needed to develop, no more. he showed always very good performance and even results, that way he pass from to be in 2006 riding Mauritous in a local team to be in le Tour in 2008 with the best at the begining of alp d huez after Galibier and Croix de fer and with the best in the last ITT.

Froome starting cycling with 19, late, before he just race cyclotourist events, it was just a game for him, a hobby, and I would say even with 19 it was just a hobby, but we could say he started.

He did great progession from the begining and he did good results in 2008, lot of people talked about his potential, i followed him then and I was dissaponted in 2009 and 2010 becouse althouh he was sometimes ok, he didnt progress,I was dissapointed becouse he was a talented and promising rider, of course.

This is from wikipedia:

At the age of 13, his mother took him to his first organised bike race, a charity race which he won despite being knocked off by his mother. There he met professional cyclist David Kinjah, who became Froome's mentor and training partner.

At 13.

So you've changed your tune? Froome had the talent to win from the very first race he took part in, no miracle improvement! ;)

Savant12 said:
Savant12 said:

It is funny when bots cares about nationality issues knowing their wet dreams is getting back to business as usual pointing fingers on Johny Foreigner. Like what David Walsh is doing 24/7 over a highly xenophobic commentary section.

Why is Froome exposed for this heat you ask? As the biggest fraud in living memory, backed up with major sponsors trying to sell a fairy-tale story based on cleanliness to the broad audience based on results in the race that really matters for the uninitiated, he proves to be the ultimate challenge in post-Lance era. What people hoped to end with Lance instead turned out to be something even more ridicoulus.

Contador/Valverde et al are, in the midst of things, merely reduced to a sideshow in cycling for the moment. If they had for example been where Froome is in terms of exposure and media narrative (like the case was with Lance) the threads about Contador/Valverde would have been a bit more and longer.

And, oh, it demands a tail of July-posters believing them to be clean likewise.

poupou said:
Savant12 said:
Savant12 said:

Because Valverde and Contador have been caught, there is much less discussion about them being a doper or not.
The Froome thread is going to be as big as Lance's for the same raeson, an army of believer in miracles like for Lance... SSDD.

so this thread is so long because of the neverending debate between believers and non believers.

I think both believers and non believers should chill a bit.

Pastro, blocked by @chrisfroome

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Froome is doing the Vuelta, starting a week on Saturday.

I seem to recall him promising to be tested by independent experts before the Vuelta. Has that happened yet?

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dalakhani said:

I seem to recall him promising to be tested by independent experts before the Vuelta. Has that happened yet?
The Vuelta is the test. If he wins it he is clean. If he doesn't he is also clean.

Savant12 said:
Savant12 said:

Hardly anyone denies that Valverde and Contador are dopers after their positive tests. Not the case with Froome and Sky though, who officially have a clean record, and so it's little surprise that a lot of people who have not watched cycling for a long time believe they're clean and defend him. Yeah, there are also those who have been involved with cycling and choose to give him the benefit of doubt but due to the numerous accusers and defendants, it's no surprise that there is a lot of discussion

PremierAndrew said:
Savant12 said:
Savant12 said:

Hardly anyone denies that Valverde and Contador are dopers after their positive tests. Not the case with Froome and Sky though, who officially have a clean record, and so it's little surprise that a lot of people who have not watched cycling for a long time believe they're clean and defend him. Yeah, there are also those who have been involved with cycling and choose to give him the benefit of doubt but due to the numerous accusers and defendants, it's no surprise that there is a lot of discussion

Valverde and Contador were dopers as most of the cycling riders, it was like that. That doenst mean that today are dopers, it is difficult to rely always on this issues in someone like Contador and his team, but basically , they I am sure are clean.

Dear Wiggo said:
Taxus4a said:

This is from wikipedia:

At 13.

Do you think that me, who has writted one of the longer artcle about the story of Froome, that I was studing his life and all the articles and interviews about him as far as was possible, dont know those things?? :confused: :mad: .

If you give new news, very good, wellcome, or if wikipedia changes, but to write my article I mailed to Kinjah, I have a friend riding in Asia and he has the e mail of David, and as I related Kinjah told me he didnt see an special strngh on the bike in Froome, so you must be happy to rad that.

Maybe is not good to do thsi but I am going to put to you some of the words Kinjah told me.

Started in cycling is not starting in a bike, it is much more, Pinot started in cycling at 7 year ago, Froome at 19, althogh he was longtime before riding a bike.

It would be nice to know the age he rode first a road bike, althogh that is not exactly he start cycling, but of course with Kinja he was in BMX and later in MTB.

Answer of Kinjah (just a little becouse is a private message)

Chris was always very crazy about cycling, and he was always willing to go anywhere and everywhere with a bike, he never had any special talent on bikes, but he was just hardcore and very hard working to archive cycling goals.

About his issues at the Sky, I don't know the truth, but I am sure Chris had seen a chance and he went flat out to get it by racing hard at the Vuelta, thus opening his door to the TDF.
Chris is the kind of guy who will work very hard to prove his point, and that has taken him further and further in cycling.

The doubters will always be there, not every one will love Chris froome, but that is fine and we must let them express their opinions.

You can read in my article my opinion, I cant put here the link by rules, but it is in my signature of my profile. I dindt write it with any own purpose, just to can answer with arguments to a lot of people that think like you,a nd not to be always writting the same long explanations.

Froome7_2601216b.jpg

Froome is more than a rider, it is the spirit of a continent, it is the sunset of Africa, he is a black with write skin.

Sep 29, 2012
Yes of course. Physiologically forgettable but harder-working-than-everyone else Froome all of a sudden decides to try for once, at the Vuelta, having spent 3 years in the pro peloton just dicking around.

Seems legit.

Good grief.

They said the same thing about Wiggins.

I didn't believe it then either.

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dalakhani said:

Good to hear he is doing the Vuelta, maybe this thread can then break the 3 million views mark with the wonderful "is he, isn't he? - he must be, we know he is, anyone that thinks otherwise is a skybot, moron, can't add 2 + 2 comments" :D