Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 802 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/australia-wide/

at 1minute 15secs

SALBUTAMOL discussed on Australian TV - (posted on twitter by Digger.)

Excellent piece well worth listening to.

and

Tasmanian researchers scrutinise athletes' use of asthma treatment as performance enhancer

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-21/asthma-treatment-scrutinised-for-sports-performance-enhancer/6961068

At the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, 17 per cent of cyclists and 19 per cent of swimmers were diagnosed asthmatics.

Those cyclists won 29 per cent of the medals, and 33 per cent of the swimmers on the dais were asthmatic.

It is thought that salbutamol increases muscle performance and power over time.
Why didn’t we know about Froome’s asthma until now?
What is very curious is that while Froome has been very open about his previous struggles with the parasitic disease bilharzia – which hampered his progress for years – he never thought to mention his even longer struggles with asthma. Indeed, he has previously cited bilharzia as the reason behind his frequent “colds and coughs”.
Yet not once have we spotted Froome using the inhaler we have now been told he travels around with pretty much everywhere he goes. In fact, when Froome gave a rather chesty interview following his Tour de Romandie win in 2013, Michelle Cound assured her followers that her man was fit and healthy, claiming that “hard effort and cold air always makes him cough a bit.”
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/06/12/didnt-know-froomes-asthma-now/
 
Froome has been very open about his previous struggles with the parasitic disease bilharzia – which hampered his progress for years
Correction, but that's not entirely true. He only told people about bilharzia after he needed to explain his transformation. For a year he didn't say word 1 and even denied having it.
 
probably worth remebering he didn't think he was going to the Vuelta and so the 'program' was probably mean to get him in shape for whatever else might have been on his calendar......nobody must have been more surprised than him...
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
Re:

The Hitch said:
Froome has been very open about his previous struggles with the parasitic disease bilharzia – which hampered his progress for years
Correction, but that's not entirely true. He only told people about bilharzia after he needed to explain his transformation. For a year he didn't say word 1 and even denied having it.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8859/Chris-Froome-Interview-Ive-been-able-to-climb-in-the-front-group-quite-often-this-season.aspx

VN: Have you been happy with your year so far?

CF: Yes, it's going well but I've been a bit unlucky with my health recently, picking up a chest infection which seems to be lingering. No regrets, though. I've had some great days and some not so great.


VN: What's your short term goals for your career?

CF: I want to work on consistency within the tours so I can start targeting the GC more. I've been able to climb in the front group quite often this season but I haven't been able to do it on consecutive days, so that's my next area of focus. It would be great if I could get on top of that before the Vuelta
''chest infection''

read: Badzillah

Miracle Man.
 
Re: Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
timmers said:
Well Cobo was always doped so no problemo!!
Any proof of that? Perhaps you could enlighten Spanish ADA with you evidence.
I might risk it. He won Vuelta beating Froome in the process. He's a teflon. Before Cervelo he was in Saunier Duval, and he somehow survived 2008 disaster. The Saunier Duval soup opera is enough for me to imply the doping use and enough luck/intelligence to not be that easy to caugh. He might not dope even in the Saunier period but i doubt it. You need some dope usage to win a GT in these times. Those are not 1910's and even then there was some dope and cheating involved (i think so, i've readed that some time ago; i know that the riders at night did use trains or other transport sources to rest). Of course that's only my own opinion and i respect any of yours.
 
Dear Wiggo said:
thehog said:
And here's Super Dawg 3 weeks later at the Vuelta:

Anyone who ever rode hard up a hill watching Froome follow Cobo's attack and then attacking Cobo immediately after, out of the saddle as he was, just motoring non-stop, sitting down, pushing on.

Just.

#notnormal.
Ooh, and look! He's injured! Just like when he gave his bike and a push to Henderson!
 
Sep 29, 2012
12,197
0
0
Puckfiend said:
Dear Wiggo said:
thehog said:
And here's Super Dawg 3 weeks later at the Vuelta:

Anyone who ever rode hard up a hill watching Froome follow Cobo's attack and then attacking Cobo immediately after, out of the saddle as he was, just motoring non-stop, sitting down, pushing on.

Just.

#notnormal.
Ooh, and look! He's injured! Just like when he gave his bike and a push to Henderson!
Well spotted!
 
Puckfiend said:
Dear Wiggo said:
thehog said:
And here's Super Dawg 3 weeks later at the Vuelta:

Anyone who ever rode hard up a hill watching Froome follow Cobo's attack and then attacking Cobo immediately after, out of the saddle as he was, just motoring non-stop, sitting down, pushing on.

Just.

#notnormal.
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg

Ooh, and look! He's injured! Just like when he gave his bike and a push to Henderson!
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
pastronef said:
Puckfiend said:
Dear Wiggo said:
thehog said:
And here's Super Dawg 3 weeks later at the Vuelta:

Anyone who ever rode hard up a hill watching Froome follow Cobo's attack and then attacking Cobo immediately after, out of the saddle as he was, just motoring non-stop, sitting down, pushing on.

Just.

#notnormal.
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg

Ooh, and look! He's injured! Just like when he gave his bike and a push to Henderson!
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg
oh i know, i mean his knee was obviously broken as he was pushing Henderson :D
 
Benotti69 said:
pastronef said:
Puckfiend said:
Dear Wiggo said:
thehog said:
And here's Super Dawg 3 weeks later at the Vuelta:

Anyone who ever rode hard up a hill watching Froome follow Cobo's attack and then attacking Cobo immediately after, out of the saddle as he was, just motoring non-stop, sitting down, pushing on.

Just.

#notnormal.
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg

Ooh, and look! He's injured! Just like when he gave his bike and a push to Henderson!
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg
oh i know, i mean his knee was obviously broken as he was pushing Henderson :D
Yes it was broken when pushing Henderson. So broken he decided to ride a few mountain stages afterwards :rolleyes:

Checking this photo, there's no knee patches when he was TTing with his big engine into an official :cool:

 
Oct 6, 2009
5,273
0
0
thehog said:
Yes it was broken when pushing Henderson. So broken he decided to ride a few mountain stages afterwards :rolleyes:

Checking this photo, there's no knee patches when he was TTing with his big engine into an official :cool:

Is that David Walsh? And those flying papers are drafts of some masterpiece he was working on at the time?
 
Puckfiend said:
Dear Wiggo said:
thehog said:
And here's Super Dawg 3 weeks later at the Vuelta:

Anyone who ever rode hard up a hill watching Froome follow Cobo's attack and then attacking Cobo immediately after, out of the saddle as he was, just motoring non-stop, sitting down, pushing on.

Just.

#notnormal.
Ooh, and look! He's injured! Just like when he gave his bike and a push to Henderson!
wheel, his wheel :p :D
 
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
Yes it was broken when pushing Henderson. So broken he decided to ride a few mountain stages afterwards :rolleyes:

Checking this photo, there's no knee patches when he was TTing with his big engine into an official :cool:

Is that David Walsh? And those flying papers are drafts of some masterpiece he was working on at the time?
I think you could be right. The reason there were so many mistakes in the book is because Walsh lost his notes in this crash. The chapter on Froome's asthma disappeared! :rolleyes:
 
Re: Re:

Digger said:
peloton said:
Is it true that Mrs. Froome's mom/stepmom is a bodybuilder?

In cycling, like in every sports, talent shows up early.
Not when one is 26, and after a badzilla/asthma/lung infection.
Come on

Yes - this is true and she's a world masters cycling champion on the track I believe

But the bodybuilder aspect is true.....
can't see this one gaining any traction, anyway. Didn't work for Shane Warne, so even less likely to work for Froome...
The "My mum gave it to me" Defense, that is
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
pastronef said:
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg
Treated by?



If he did well, he would almost certainly be retained and could dream on. Do badly and even his £80,000-a-year contract - for effectively being Wiggins’s servant - would be in serious jeopardy.
During a race in which he surprisingly excelled, finishing second, he began suffering from a burning skin condition. He had to pour water over himself to relieve the pain. The condition was misdiagnosed as eczema by another Sky doctor, Geert Leinders, who prescribed creams. Leinders was later dismissed after his historic role in a doping regime at a former team came to light
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2673588/Chris-Froomes-secret-battle-Eight-doctors-six-clinics-four-countries-five-different-illnesses-remarkable-personal-struggle-Great-Britains-Tour-France-champion.html

;)
 
thehog said:
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
Yes it was broken when pushing Henderson. So broken he decided to ride a few mountain stages afterwards :rolleyes:

Checking this photo, there's no knee patches when he was TTing with his big engine into an official :cool:

Is that David Walsh? And those flying papers are drafts of some masterpiece he was working on at the time?
I think you could be right. The reason there were so many mistakes in the book is because Walsh lost his notes in this crash. The chapter on Froome's asthma disappeared! :rolleyes:
It looks like some kind of weird out there performance art - where the audience has to figure out the meaning. Froome is clearly saying you can shove your science up your a** - the guy with the papers going everywhere symbolises walsh not having a clue what's going on.
 
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Its most obvious that the various aliments and injuries are created so the specific medication can be used. Mostly steroid and cortisone based drugs.

2013 Tour and the 2015 Tour the "little death" on l'alpe duez was hilarious. Even more funny when Froome supposedly was sick in the last week of the Tour he then rides 6 criteriums in 6 days the day after the Tour with no apparent sickness. A truly bizarre human specimen he is.
 
Re: Re:

dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:
i even can't imagine how many times this pic was listed on here. what do you seriously hope for guys? to see froome crying and admitting doping? never gonna happen.

I wonder about that too: the clinic knows Froome dopes. fine, ok.
and some members still believe he´s clean and say it, so maybe posting the Hendy´s push 37254835 times will help them to remember Froome´s sudden transformation.

I think anyway it´s useless. it´s like you high fiving the previous poster, who you previously already agreed with, about Froome not being clean.

we know it.
seeing Hendy´s push and the TT crash every other day just makes me root more for him. I know, I´m wrong. well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.

ps. what the guys hope for? for him getting caught. but I dont think it will happen
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:
i even can't imagine how many times this pic was listed on here. what do you seriously hope for guys? to see froome crying and admitting doping? never gonna happen.

I wonder about that too: the clinic knows Froome dopes. fine, ok.
and some members still believe he´s clean and say it, so maybe posting the Hendy´s push 37254835 times will help them to remember Froome´s sudden transformation.

I think anyway it´s useless. it´s like you high fiving the previous poster, who you previously already agreed with, about Froome not being clean.

we know it.
seeing Hendy´s push and the TT crash every other day just makes me root more for him. I know, I´m wrong. well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.

ps. what the guys hope for? for him getting caught. but I dont think it will happen
Why do you think people are hoping for a certain event to occur?

People like the picture because it brings the Froome transformation into perspective.

I've not seen it published here in a number of weeks if not months. My sense is you're exaggerating a lot because the picture is too revealing for you. That's ok, you're a fan, you're entitled to like Froome, no harm done.
 
Re: Re:

thehog said:
pastronef said:
dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:
i even can't imagine how many times this pic was listed on here. what do you seriously hope for guys? to see froome crying and admitting doping? never gonna happen.

I wonder about that too: the clinic knows Froome dopes. fine, ok.
and some members still believe he´s clean and say it, so maybe posting the Hendy´s push 37254835 times will help them to remember Froome´s sudden transformation.

I think anyway it´s useless. it´s like you high fiving the previous poster, who you previously already agreed with, about Froome not being clean.

we know it.
seeing Hendy´s push and the TT crash every other day just makes me root more for him. I know, I´m wrong. well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.

ps. what the guys hope for? for him getting caught. but I dont think it will happen
Why do you think people are hoping for a certain event to occur?

People like the picture because it brings the Froome transformation into perspective.

I've not seen it published here in a number of weeks if not months. My sense is you're exaggerating a lot because the picture is too revealing for you. That's ok, you're a fan, you're entitled to like Froome, no harm done.
I think people are hoping for a certain event to occur because usually people hope for cheats to be caught.
then if his team, the journos, the public etc, always blabber the same narrative, people hope MORE for him to be caught, par rapport to the other cheaters in the peloton

obviously I was exaggerating about "every other day"
it´s not too revealing. as I said, I am fully :D aware he´s not clean.
nice to know I am entitled to like him ;) the clinic entitles me to like Froome
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY