• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 802 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
road rash on a leg, not a bad injury. it's not like he's riding the stage with a broken leg
Treated by?

img_2787_670.jpg

If he did well, he would almost certainly be retained and could dream on. Do badly and even his £80,000-a-year contract - for effectively being Wiggins’s servant - would be in serious jeopardy.
During a race in which he surprisingly excelled, finishing second, he began suffering from a burning skin condition. He had to pour water over himself to relieve the pain. The condition was misdiagnosed as eczema by another Sky doctor, Geert Leinders, who prescribed creams. Leinders was later dismissed after his historic role in a doping regime at a former team came to light

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2673588/Chris-Froomes-secret-battle-Eight-doctors-six-clinics-four-countries-five-different-illnesses-remarkable-personal-struggle-Great-Britains-Tour-France-champion.html

;)

thehog said:
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
Yes it was broken when pushing Henderson. So broken he decided to ride a few mountain stages afterwards :rolleyes:

Checking this photo, there's no knee patches when he was TTing with his big engine into an official :cool:

20z8t40.jpg

Is that David Walsh? And those flying papers are drafts of some masterpiece he was working on at the time?

I think you could be right. The reason there were so many mistakes in the book is because Walsh lost his notes in this crash. The chapter on Froome's asthma disappeared! :rolleyes:

It looks like some kind of weird out there performance art - where the audience has to figure out the meaning. Froome is clearly saying you can shove your science up your a** - the guy with the papers going everywhere symbolises walsh not having a clue what's going on.

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:

Its most obvious that the various aliments and injuries are created so the specific medication can be used. Mostly steroid and cortisone based drugs.

2013 Tour and the 2015 Tour the "little death" on l'alpe duez was hilarious. Even more funny when Froome supposedly was sick in the last week of the Tour he then rides 6 criteriums in 6 days the day after the Tour with no apparent sickness. A truly bizarre human specimen he is.

Re: Re:

dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:
i even can't imagine how many times this pic was listed on here. what do you seriously hope for guys? to see froome crying and admitting doping? never gonna happen.

I wonder about that too: the clinic knows Froome dopes. fine, ok.
and some members still believe he´s clean and say it, so maybe posting the Hendy´s push 37254835 times will help them to remember Froome´s sudden transformation.

I think anyway it´s useless. it´s like you high fiving the previous poster, who you previously already agreed with, about Froome not being clean.

we know it.
seeing Hendy´s push and the TT crash every other day just makes me root more for him. I know, I´m wrong. well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.

ps. what the guys hope for? for him getting caught. but I dont think it will happen

pastronef said:
dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:
i even can't imagine how many times this pic was listed on here. what do you seriously hope for guys? to see froome crying and admitting doping? never gonna happen.

and some members still believe he´s clean and say it, so maybe posting the Hendy´s push 37254835 times will help them to remember Froome´s sudden transformation.

I think anyway it´s useless. it´s like you high fiving the previous poster, who you previously already agreed with, about Froome not being clean.

we know it.
seeing Hendy´s push and the TT crash every other day just makes me root more for him. I know, I´m wrong. well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.

ps. what the guys hope for? for him getting caught. but I dont think it will happen

Why do you think people are hoping for a certain event to occur?

People like the picture because it brings the Froome transformation into perspective.

I've not seen it published here in a number of weeks if not months. My sense is you're exaggerating a lot because the picture is too revealing for you. That's ok, you're a fan, you're entitled to like Froome, no harm done.

thehog said:
pastronef said:
dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:

we know it.

People like the picture because it brings the Froome transformation into perspective.

I've not seen it published here in a number of weeks if not months. My sense is you're exaggerating a lot because the picture is too revealing for you. That's ok, you're a fan, you're entitled to like Froome, no harm done.

I think people are hoping for a certain event to occur because usually people hope for cheats to be caught.
then if his team, the journos, the public etc, always blabber the same narrative, people hope MORE for him to be caught, par rapport to the other cheaters in the peloton

obviously I was exaggerating about "every other day"
it´s not too revealing. as I said, I am fully :D aware he´s not clean.
nice to know I am entitled to like him ;) the clinic entitles me to like Froome

pastronef said:
thehog said:
pastronef said:
dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:

we know it.

obviously I was exaggerating about "every other day"
it´s not too revealing. as I said, I am fully :D aware he´s not clean.
nice to know I am entitled to like him ;) the clinic entitles me to like Froome

The Clinic is not one person, its several with varying different viewpoints on a multitude of topics. Whether you're entitled to like Froome or not is not up to me or the collective group.

I think moreover the photograph is extremely funny. Just when there's a sway on Froome's "big engine" in testing back in the mid 2000's we are reminded of his race performances, this one showing his designated role as "pusher of sprinters" :p

thehog said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Its most obvious that the various aliments and injuries are created so the specific medication can be used. Mostly steroid and cortisone based drugs.

2013 Tour and the 2015 Tour the "little death" on l'alpe duez was hilarious. Even more funny when Froome supposedly was sick in the last week of the Tour he then rides 6 criteriums in 6 days the day after the Tour with no apparent sickness. A truly bizarre human specimen he is.

Not bizarre at all, it's called DOPING. He doped to win.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
pastronef said:
well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.
This really is uncalled for Pastro, Miguelon? Impossible!

If people want to post pictures of 'the Push' let them do it. Dont take everything so serious please.

eheh :p :D

Miguel was my idol, really. I was a kid in awe when I met him in Turin at the start village of the Gap stage in 1996. I stood all the time in front of the Banesto cars, I got J.M. Echavarri autograph: "con cariño de amigo"

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
pastronef said:
well, I was a Miguel fan. I loved him.
This really is uncalled for Pastro, Miguelon? Impossible!

If people want to post pictures of 'the Push' let them do it. Dont take everything so serious please.

CyclingWeekly said it was a 'shove' not a 'push' :rolleyes:

Greg Henderson gets a shove from team-mate Chris Froome after a crash on stage 10

giro_2010_st10_HENDERSON_FROOME1.jpg

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/henderson-responds-to-cipollinis-criticism-60796

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Who cares what Froome thinks of the picture, it's not for him, it's about him. There are two pictures I never get tired of, this one and the zig zag up the hill trying to keep up with Gerrans lol

FWIW there were a lot of fanboys here and everywhere else that didn't ever think they would see Armstrong shed a tear and admit doping. There is still a lot of time left for Froome to do the same. I would imagine he will cry like a baby though.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

Night Rider said:
Who cares what Froome thinks of the picture, it's not for him, it's about him.
It serves another purpose as well. As this pic has attained meme status, it provides an all-too-easy way to troll his fans without having to fully admit to trolling.

They take the bait every time. :D

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

Jacques de Molay said:
Night Rider said:
Who cares what Froome thinks of the picture, it's not for him, it's about him.
It serves another purpose as well. As this pic has attained meme status, it provides an all-too-easy way to troll his fans without having to fully admit to trolling.

They take the bait every time. :D

Winner. Winner. Chicken. Dinner.

Give that poster a cookie.

Night Rider said:
dacooley said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Who cares what Froome thinks of the picture, it's not for him, it's about him. There are two pictures I never get tired of, this one and the zig zag up the hill trying to keep up with Gerrans lol

FWIW there were a lot of fanboys here and everywhere else that didn't ever think they would see Armstrong shed a tear and admit doping. There is still a lot of time left for Froome to do the same. I would imagine he will cry like a baby though.
so who's he going to be admitting it to? Parky's retired... Won't be Jeremy Kyle, so maybe on the Graham Norton Show??