• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 813 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

harryh said:
He was quite fat on stage 11:

pic219270466_600.jpg

Nice chat last week with a space scientist about widespread NASA belief that Froome is occasionally replaced with his heavier alien twin brother, but can't be caught at present.

after Tyler's chimera I wouldn't rule out an excuse from Froome intimating this scenario should he get popped ;)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Re:

harryh said:
Nice chat last week with a space scientist about widespread NASA belief that Froome is occasionally replaced with his heavier alien twin brother, but can't be caught at present.
I believe your confusing Froome with Brailsford when it comes to NASA.

The Twins Study is unique demonstration research to further NASA’s use of personalized medicine.

On March 7, NASA announced the selection of 10 investigations for the study of identical twin astronauts, and, in doing so, launched human space life science research into a new era.

scott-kelly-one-year-mission-nasa-iss-04.jpg

iss045e028258_0.jpg

jsc2015e089532.jpg

Campervan man said:
thehog said:
Interestingly and I have to admit I wasn't aware of this but between Poland 2011 and Transformation Vuelta 2011 Froome rode the Olympic Test Race in the UK, with England & Brailsford (finishing 6 minutes off the back).

Why is this interesting? Because he wasn't actually sitting around waiting for a phone call, he spent a few days in the UK with DB.

I wonder what was discussed.... :)

2vcu90o.jpg

1erhur.jpg

So how long after this event to the Vuelta because his body shape looks a lot different. That transformation will never be explained to cycling fans it was so out the blue, completely crazy when you look back. At the time it was a shock to see him ripping it up. On another point Sir Daves lost a lot of weight since then and I mean a lot. I wonder why a 50+ coach wanted to lose weight at the same time as half his squad.
How dare you suggest this was nefarious. Anyone can drop bulk weight in 6 days, the good Dr Leinders can arrange this for anybody just by showing you how to use a set of scales.

42x16ss said:
Campervan man said:
thehog said:
Interestingly and I have to admit I wasn't aware of this but between Poland 2011 and Transformation Vuelta 2011 Froome rode the Olympic Test Race in the UK, with England & Brailsford (finishing 6 minutes off the back).

Why is this interesting? Because he wasn't actually sitting around waiting for a phone call, he spent a few days in the UK with DB.

2vcu90o.jpg

1erhur.jpg

So how long after this event to the Vuelta because his body shape looks a lot different. That transformation will never be explained to cycling fans it was so out the blue, completely crazy when you look back. At the time it was a shock to see him ripping it up. On another point Sir Daves lost a lot of weight since then and I mean a lot. I wonder why a 50+ coach wanted to lose weight at the same time as half his squad.
How dare you suggest this was nefarious. Anyone can drop bulk weight in 6 days, the good Dr Leinders can arrange this for anybody just by showing you how to use a set of scales.

Dave B thought he looked fat on TV so got on the cortisone. It was around the time that the expert in scale management Dr Leinders joined the team so at least he had an expert to weigh him. The head of cycling at Sky at the time didn't even think it was dodgy that he was getting injections from the team doctor!

Re:

classicomano said:
I guess we can confirm now that in the week before the start of the Vuelta, Froome underwent liposuction. It all makes sense now.
Well as thehog points out it was mid-vuelta that he get skinny but maintained power.
There are two things still to make sense of:

1) how he did that mid-vuelta 2012 (desperate final fling)
2) how he has continued to do so since - under the radar. &#63

The latter is most worrying to me.

Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
classicomano said:
I guess we can confirm now that in the week before the start of the Vuelta, Froome underwent liposuction. It all makes sense now.
Well as thehog points out it was mid-vuelta that he get skinny but maintained power.
There are two things still to make sense of:

1) how he did that mid-vuelta 2012 (desperate final fling)
2) how he has continued to do so since - under the radar. &#63

The latter is most worrying to me.

Chris Froome 6 days before the 2011 Vuelta:

2nhmfyb.jpg

Super Dawg a few days later:

2aeqtzl.jpg

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

classicomano said:

Now we know where they got the body fat for the soap used in the hand sanitiser dispensers.

DB: Come on lads, lots more FroomeSoap (tm) to use up before the Vuelta is over. Hop to it!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Seppelt today:
According to leaked database since end 2006 at least until 2012 @iaaforg conducted zero out of competition blood tests on Kenyans in Kenya!
https://twitter.com/hajoseppelt/status/687251927567069184

"David Kinjah, one of Kenya's most successful cyclists, was Chris Froome's first inspiration, mentor and training partner," http://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/interview-david-kinjah-the-man-who-discovered-chris-froome.html#CFuR4ebIX31kJGo5.97

“It was late 2010 at the wedding of my brother in Kenya, when the International Cycling Union (UCI) checked me for the blood passport. https://froomesthoughts.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/chris-froome-bilharzia/

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Campervan man said:
thehog said:

2vcu90o.jpg

1erhur.jpg

called post-mid-life-crisis and he prolly wanted to explore the Karma Sutra with Fran, she is afterall head of winning behaviours at Sky

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
Seppelt today:
According to leaked database since end 2006 at least until 2012 @iaaforg conducted zero out of competition blood tests on Kenyans in Kenya!
https://twitter.com/hajoseppelt/status/687251927567069184

"David Kinjah, one of Kenya's most successful cyclists, was Chris Froome's first inspiration, mentor and training partner," http://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/interview-david-kinjah-the-man-who-discovered-chris-froome.html#CFuR4ebIX31kJGo5.97

“It was late 2010 at the wedding of my brother in Kenya, when the International Cycling Union (UCI) checked me for the blood passport. https://froomesthoughts.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/chris-froome-bilharzia/

Kinja is the spirit guide who taught froome how to wrestle crocodiles, strangle sheep, behug moose, cuddle pythons and steal rabbits from kindergartens

Re: Re:

Catwhoorg said:
classicomano said:

I know this was said in jest, but would this be against the WADA code ?

I cannot find a section that would realistically cover it.
No-needle policy? :p

Either way, I think the side-effects would outweigh the fat loss. You effectively get violently stabbed by a massive needle many times :p the body doesn't like that

No-needle is a UCI add-on not strictly part of the WADA code. (not that when discussing cyclists it shouldn't be kept in mind).

Cryolipolysis may sidestep that issue anyway.

But yes, the side effects should adversely affect the rider for a while. Given how lean even the "fattest" pros are there probably isn't much anywhere to take out.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Continuing with the slight sidebar:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3140909/

Laser Lipolysis.
"Melt" the pull it out with a fine canula.
ideal candidates is slim and healthy, with a desire for spot reduction. Faster recovery that other methods.

Again, I don't think people are doing this, but its plausible that it has been considered.
one female tennis player had a breast reduction not long ago.
while that is an extremer example, I agree that stuff like this is probably being considered.